Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
uncle_connolly

Izale McLeod linked with Leicester

maybe its costing more but its got to be less risk than any non-league player we have been linked with

and i also believe allen would not spend taht kind of money on one player unless he was certain he could make the step up

McLeod hasn't shown himself to be good enough for this division in the past and maybe he has scored 21 goals in League 2 because he has found a level in which he is able to compete. Dons fans do say he is a 'championship quality' player but statistics appear to show otherwise and just because a player has played in a division it doesn't mean they are good enough for that level. I mean, I wonder is Peterborough fans think that Josh Low is championship quality?

1.5 million would be a big gamble on him and if we were to spend that kind of money I would want someone who is a proven goalscorer in this division. I am not against bringing players in from lower divisions...just not at that cost.

£1.5mil for Izale McLeod a joke!

Healey is going to Fulham for £1mil and you could probably have a decent crack at getting Eastwood off Southend for £1.5mil, a kid with an attitude problem who's done ok in the lowest league is not worth it! I'd perhaps be prepared to suggest a fee of around £250k... but i dont really rate him, dont really want him and dont understand who would pay that kind of stupid money for him (considering Allen made a point of not wanting to spend "silly money" :angry: ).

I just hope this is agents making mischief and lazy jounrnalism ("former manager, goes for former clubs' best player"), it best be becasue its an utter waste of money... i'll be more than happy to be proven wrong but we dont have £1.5mill to piss away on proven dross like McLeod!

£1.5 million, it best not be a waste of money.

i guess 1.5m seems less of a risk than that the 5m we paid for akin-bad-buy-ee... i'd go for it. soem championship clubs sniffing round him anyway so its not like Allen Izale will be boxing above his weight if he came here... i thought his release clause said 1m though...

Healey is going to Fulham for £1mil and you could probably have a decent crack at getting Eastwood off Southend for £1.5mil, a kid with an attitude problem who's done ok in the lowest league is not worth it! I'd perhaps be prepared to suggest a fee of around £250k... but i dont really rate him, dont really want him and dont understand who would pay that kind of stupid money for him (considering Allen made a point of not wanting to spend "silly money" :angry: ).

I just hope this is agents making mischief and lazy jounrnalism ("former manager, goes for former clubs' best player"), it best be becasue its an utter waste of money... i'll be more than happy to be proven wrong but we dont have £1.5mill to piss away on proven dross like McLeod!

unless you have psychic powers you cant say that. post that comment again at the end of the season and its more justified. ( IF he hasnt scored 20 goals for us, ect..)

Seems a reasonable summary that.

1.5 mil is a bit steep BUT with that said i would like him at the club. He has worked with Allen before, so thats a plus point for me. And am i right in thinking he is a decent height? If so, i think we really really need a good sized striker. Its no good playing with two shorties like Hume and Fryatt as there is no one to win headers etc.

I would very much like to sign him, but at least keep it under a million, something like 750k?

Hi I'm Chris! :thumbup:

Being a part time McDons fan ive seen mclousy a number of times in league 1 and 2 and apart from being lazy as f*** he'll probably only score 1 of every 5 chances anyway. He takes just as much abuse as praise from his own fans. His attitude sucks so he wont be good for the dressing room either.

Billy Sharp would cost around 2mil but he be less risky compared with izale mcleod even though he'l cost more. what do the rest of u think :dunno:

i dunno m8, i rekon he wud b an alrite buy, any chance u cud stop using txt talk?

buy both and have a four way strikforce of hume,fryatt,sharp and macleod. I personally think fryatt will be on fire next season anyway, lets all remember he was pretty leathal in his first campaign and was never fit due to niggly ankle injury last term. When fit he has already proven he's more then capable at this level

Archived