Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
uncle_connolly

Izale McLeod linked with Leicester

Yh maybe, but I would rather have carl cort, he's about the same sort of player but proved at this level, if we want to go up, we need tried and tested players not throw-em-in-and-see players !!

Billy Sharp would cost around 2mil but he be less risky compared with izale mcleod even though he'l cost more. what do the rest of u think :dunno:

agreed. if they are considering paying 1.5 for izale, why not pay an extra 500k and get someone like sharp? This isnt against the MK dons, but any young player coming out of Crewe, i trust 100%..

Its probably because you posted something in a different thread, and it deserves a thread of its own, if you know what i mean.

Give this man a biscuit! :clap:

I split the McLeod discussion from earlier today out of the MK Dons topic when this rumour surfaced by itself - because it is now an actual rumour, rather than just a "we should/we might go for _____" type discussion. :thumbup:

"Rumours" such as this deserve topics of their own. Opinions and suggestions belong in existing topics. ;)

Give this man a biscuit! :clap:

I split the McLeod discussion from earlier today out of the MK Dons topic when this rumour surfaced by itself - because it is now an actual rumour, rather than just a "we should/we might go for _____" type discussion. :thumbup:

"Rumours" such as this deserve topics of their own. Opinions and suggestions belong in existing topics. ;)

Oh ok thanks for the confirmation mate :thumbup:

I personally think fryatt will be on fire next season anyway, lets all remember he was pretty leathal in his first campaign and was never fit due to niggly ankle injury last term. When fit he has already proven he's more then capable at this level

Shhh...you'll wake Thracian with that sort of talk about Fryatt, he's no Elvis you know :whistle:

We get a percentage of whatever the fee may be. I think it's 20/25% am not sure.

All I remember from him is that hes lightning. Couldn't score to save his life. Saying that, it was a few years back now and his goalscoring record is pretty decent. £1.5 million does seem a bit steep though.

I dunno. A lot of those goals are down to slow League Two centre-backs being outwitted by a simple through-ball.

1) The defending in our league is a million times better.

2) We don't have any midfielders capable of those sort of through balls anyway (yet :ermm:)

--

If he has a decent touch and can hold the ball up as well, I'd be more inclined to take him. I haven't seen him very often so can't really comment but I still think £1.5million is a bit steep. I'd be looking at paying around £800,000 with add-ons.

If he has a decent touch and can hold the ball up as well, I'd be more inclined to take him. I haven't seen him very often so can't really comment but I still think £1.5million is a bit steep. I'd be looking at paying around £800,000 with add-ons.

It’s not “a bit steepâ€â€¦ it’s a bloody joke!

His record (54 goals in 116 starts with MK Dons) is actually not all that different to Fryatt’s (70 starts & 27 goals) before joining city, now Fryatt set us back £100k why then should we look to be spending over 10x(!) that sum on a player who if marginally better is also older!? It’s absolutely barmy!

We do not have this money to waste; at best I’d rate McLeod as commanding an up front fee in the region of £300k (perhaps with add-ons pushing it closer to £500k)… but £1.5mil is a huge amount of money to spend on “Fryatt MkIIâ€, when we could spend a similar fee to bring in proven quality up front (Eastwood being the name that springs to mind).

I don't want to sound like Little watching the Savo Milosevic tape, but based on that, where do we sign?!

Plus he's bigger than I thought he was and seemed to score a few headers, anyone know how tall he is?

Archived