Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
uncle_connolly

Izale McLeod linked with Leicester

If we sign this clown for £1.3m and Eastwood goes for £1.5m I will be livid.

I agree. He might be good at league two level but can he honestly cut it at championship level?

Ive just got on, i'll post a few comments.

- I hear on radio this Morning that we have accecpted a 1.3 million bid from you know who,it will be announced thursday

- That's brilliant news.

The funny thing is that I think he'll really struggle in the CCC. He's good, but he's not that good! There's a lot of quality in that division.

- I know mate, Mcleod was rushed back from a knee injury!

He was not fully fit and still struggling with it in the play-off's.

Some of you guys really do forget about the goals he has scored in the last 3 years.

I would want more then £1.3mil, considering Derby receive 30% sell on clause.

- Result, MA wastes his first 1.3m, oh milan have you made one massive foob up

- I think he will score at Championship level. And as he has had three good season scoring goals for us then surely he deserves a chance to shine in the Championship? Whether he is as successful then time will tell and we are all just speculating on what we think he will or could do.

- Good riddance, i'd have taken a quid for all he was worth in most of the matches towards the end of the season.

1.3m for someone from div 4 who can only convince half of his own fans. hmmmm. Personally I hope it doesn't happen for that amount. £650k max.

I agree. He might be good at league two level but can he honestly cut it at championship level?

How many times does the fact he scored 36 goals in the previous two seasons at League 1 level in a relegation battle need to be said? That's more than both Hume and Fryatt managed at that level.

I'd prefer Eastwood also, but he's a goalscorer who even played for the U21s a few months back.

1.3m for someone from div 4 who can only convince half of his own fans. hmmmm. Personally I hope it doesn't happen for that amount. £650k max.

I can see it probably being roughly that figure but with add-ons.

I also don't think the MK Dons would stand in his way if he wants to leave...just as they have done with MA. I can't see them attempting to hold us to ransome.

Personally I think he’ll do well for us. MK Dons have battled to hang onto to him for so long. A lot people have said that Mcleod will be the nuts when playing in a better team with a higher calibre of players around him.

But still, if you have any doubts just remember how the old saying goes "Anyone is better than Elvis"

How many times does the fact he scored 36 goals in the previous two seasons at League 1 level in a relegation battle need to be said? That's more than both Hume and Fryatt managed at that level.

I'd prefer Eastwood also, but he's a goalscorer who even played for the U21s a few months back.

We know!! Don't blame us for being a bit jittery about spending a million plus though, can't even remember the last player we spent a million on was!!! Someone signed by peter taylor i'd guess!! Benji?????

We know!! Don't blame us for being a bit jittery about spending a million plus though, can't even remember the last player we spent a million on was!!! Someone signed by peter taylor i'd guess!! Benji?????

One of:

Dennis Wise, Chelsea, (£1.6m)

Ian Walker, Tottenham (£2m)

James Scowcroft, Ipswich (£3m)

From the 2001/02 season. They're the last batch of players we splashed over a million on, apparently.

So I reckon it's been about six years since we last spent over a million... The closest since then was Fryatt - with all the add-ons, one assumes.

The derby fan i work with sayd he's decent was just very raw when with them

Looks pretty decent on the video too.

Think its fine aslong as his strike partner isn't leon best.

Hopefully he has one advantage over Benji, that he can see.

will be a fee that could be woth 1.3 million i;d have thought not just a straight up 1.3 million.

So if it adds up to be 1.3 million it would be worth the cash.

Might mention 1.3 million one more time

I feel fairly sick. I never thought we'd be shelling out over a million pound for any player this summer, let alone a Division 8 striker.

I think this is a massive risk, but i'll have to back the manager and board.

Not sure what to think. I believe he is what we need... something of a direct threat (one that can run in a straight line and actually kick the ball TOWARDS the goal - so don't get excited Elvis). Having said that, I'm not sure he has the requisite quality.

1.3million is a fair wedge... and I'd prefer Eastwood or Sharp but there again, who's to say more won't follow?

Not sure what to think. I believe he is what we need... something of a direct threat (one that can run in a straight line and actually kick the ball TOWARDS the goal - so don't get excited Elvis). Having said that, I'm not sure he has the requisite quality.

1.3million is a fair wedge... and I'd prefer Eastwood or Sharp but there again, who's to say more won't follow?

Sums up what i'm thinking.

I agree with every word of that. We've been lacking a direct forward for a while so, I think he'll be an improvement. It's really just a case of structuring the deal right. So much upfront, so much after he scores x amount of goals, so much should we get promotion, etc.

Personally, I would LOVE to see us sign Billy Sharp. He definitely has the quality for this division. They boy scores all sorts of goals. Many of our strikers are a bit one dimensional, but Sharp has so much to his game.

Exciting times ahead.

Sums up what i'm thinking.
I agree with every word of that. We've been lacking a direct forward for a while so, I think he'll be an improvement. It's really just a case of structuring the deal right. So much upfront, so much after he scores x amount of goals, so much should we get promotion, etc.

Blimey!

Check me out!

To be fair though, both Eastwood and Sharp aren't your direct striker. They are both small, busy strikers. Eastwood being slightly bigger, but not powerful and direct like McLeod.

I would much rather us go all out for Eastwood or Sharp and then bring in a direct striker that isn't massively over-priced. There aren't that many decent ones out there though, Leon Constintine is on a free but could he cut it at a higher level? He's only had one really good season in his career.

To be fair though, both Eastwood and Sharp aren't your direct striker. They are both small, busy strikers. Eastwood being slightly bigger, but not powerful and direct like McLeod.

I would much rather us go all out for Eastwood or Sharp and then bring in a direct striker that isn't massively over-priced. There aren't that many decent ones out there though, Leon Constintine is on a free but could he cut it at a higher level? He's only had one really good season in his career.

Couldn't agree more. We need strikers who do different things and pose different problems. And we definitely need someone with height, strength and aerial ability in the box. At present we have no-one who actually attacks either the front or the back post and this is a major shortcoming.

Couldn't agree more. We need strikers who do different things and pose different problems. And we definitely need someone with height, strength and aerial ability in the box. At present we have no-one who actually attacks either the front or the back post and this is a major shortcoming.

I'd much rather us go for Gary O'Connor who wants to leave Locomotic Moscow and come back to Britain. He'd cost about the same as McLeod but is definitely great in the air and a goal scorer to boot.

Well, we do have the problem at the moment that our strikers are all so one-dimensional.

Hume is busy and energetic and has a rasping shot on him, particularly from distance.. but does lack some subtlety to his game.. and to be honest, his finishing and decision making can at times be awful.

Fryatt, is great on his day in and around the box but offers VERY little elsewhere.

Elvis is cr ap.

Dodds is untried as yet - might be up to it, might not.

I think we miss three things to be honest.

1) A direct, powerful striker with a genuine goal threat who will stretch the opposition and genuinely worry the back line.

2) A forward who is good in the air. Even someone like Brian Deane/Les Ferdinand.

3) An all rounder. David Connolly springs to mind. He was awesome in and out of the box. With a genuine goalscorer alongside him... well, that's the dream.

Well, we do have the problem at the moment that our strikers are all so one-dimensional.

Hume is busy and energetic and has a rasping shot on him, particularly from distance.. but does lack some subtlety to his game.. and to be honest, his finishing and decision making can at times be awful.

Fryatt, is great on his day in and around the box but offers VERY little elsewhere.

Elvis is cr ap.

Dodds is untried as yet - might be up to it, might not.

I think we miss three things to be honest.

1) A direct, powerful striker with a genuine goal threat who will stretch the opposition and genuinely worry the back line.

2) A forward who is good in the air. Even someone like Brian Deane/Les Ferdinand.

3) An all rounder. David Connolly springs to mind. He was awesome in and out of the box. With a genuine goalscorer alongside him... well, that's the dream.

Are you indicating we should possibly play 4 strikers? Thracian will be pleased. :D

Archived