Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

New Signings - On OS

If Bruno can help develop some of our defenders, then he'll be a good signing. I am a bit worried that he was never a noticeably great defender, i.e. never won massive plaudits as the lynchpin of a defence, but he has always been solid.

Unsure about Nielsen. Would probably have preferred a keeper like Lee Camp and a bit worried that's he not a commanding keeper but will wait and see.

To be fair he played over 200 games for Lyon, and more than 100 for Bolton in the Premiership, and also played for Milan and France.

N'Gotty is a quality signing, he's been a rock for Bolton last few years. I don't think his age will be too much of an issue, realistically he's probably only been signed as back-up to Gazza Mac and Paddy K anyway.

Happy with both. Dont know much about this Jimmy lad, but N'Gotty would definitely strengthen our squad. A one year deal might have been more suitable, but nevertheless Im happy he is here.

i think brum offered him a 1 year deal too, we enticed him with that extra year perhaps!!!!! :dunno:

I'll judge when I see them. It is no use saying someone was Danish Goalkeeper of the Year or that so-and-so played wonderfully when they were 25, what matters is what they can do now.

It will be interesting to see which of McAuley, McCarthy and Kisnorbo is shed. Personally I don't give a toss. If, ideally you want speed, strength and passing ability non of them rate more than 50-50.

Bruno N Gotty has always looked a decent player when I've seen him but I'll wait until he plays, never heard of the GK so we'll have to see. The new backroom man who's name I've just forgot looks like he has expericence in the game and appears to be just the sort of guy we need in the backroom.

N'Gotty is a quality signing, he's been a rock for Bolton last few years. I don't think his age will be too much of an issue, realistically he's probably only been signed as back-up to Gazza Mac and Paddy K anyway.

I wish, he was offered a deal at Brum which I can only presume he rejected because he wasn't promised first team football there. I believe he must have been promised a permanent place in the starting 11 by MA. This is only a presumption but I firmly believe this is the case.

I wish, he was offered a deal at Brum which I can only presume he rejected because he wasn't promised first team football there. I believe he must have been promised a permanent place in the starting 11 by MA. This is only a presumption but I firmly believe this is the case.

A 2 year contract :dunno:

Champions League loses one of one's great profiles, and AaB loses one's leader - Jimmy Nielsen. Thus far Ekstra Bladet learns, Jimmy Nielsen stands in front of a lightning change to the English 1. division club Leicester. According to our information the two clubs have already agreed on the financial conditions for an agreement. Now is missing in reality only a coming medical-check that are expected to take place in first half of the next week. The negotiations between the two clubs have been reasonably uncomplicated, because Jimmy Nielsen got a transfer loft in the agreement in his latest contract. That loft is situated in the neighbourhood of 2,5 million crowns that Leicester consequently has been prepared to pay for to secure himself the practised 29 year goalkeeper. Jimmy Nielsen, was in English Millwalls for a fair amount of year since, reached 398 fights for AaB. He has Amin Jensen as his large idol and FC Barcelona as a his favourite club, but manages to consequently not fulfil the dream of playing together with Ronaldinho, Messi and Eto'o. Now it stays instead Stephen Hughes and Elvis Hammond, who becomes the north-Jutlander's new team friends. Kevin Stuhr a possibility Sports manager Lynge Jacobsen has in nearest future to decide whether the club gambles on the U20-national team-goalkeeper Kenneth Stenild, who is picked up home from Hjørring, as a direct successor for Jimmy Nielsen. The North Jutland football flagship has given the sack as a matter of fact to the more former reserve-goalkeeper Casper Jacobsen, who varies to Icelandic football. A possible successor may be Kevin Stuhr-Ellegaard, who is seated in Hertha Berlin. He has even fallen farther in the hierarchy, because the capital club has picked up new goalkeeper. It was yesterday not possible to meet sports manager Lynge Jacobsen or Jimmy Nielsen for a comment.

lol nah they wont be here

And FM is realistic after all. Stenild is a class keeper on that game

Good solid signings I think. Neither will set the world alight, but N'Gotty is much needed experience of the decent kind, and Nielsen sounds promising as a goalkeeper. Anyone knocking the fact we've brought another defender and a goalkeeper first is IMO slightly clueless. Its blatantly clear we're in negotiations with others as well, it just so happened that these transfers came first.

Allen knowns that creativity and goalscoring are our main problems (if he's watched all 46 games on dvd then he'll know that at least!)- they'll all be addressed in due course.

Good to see Don McKay come in too. Hopefully he'll bring with him some good knowledge and contacts from the higher end of the game. With him and MM in the market for 'high profile' signings (and be sure that they'll be at least one before the season starts- thats MM's way), I'm cautiously optimistic that by the end of this month, everyone will be much happier with the signings we're making.

Does Martin Allen seem like the kind of guy who would EVER guarantee ANYONE a place in the starting 11? :thumbup:

I don't really know what to think. Although N'gotty will bring in experience, he's 35 and once again will probably be coming here as many have in the past to end their careers...

Neilsen, I know nothing about. Lets hope he's a good keeper! :D

Exactly how many bogus accounts is HappyFamilies-Jim going to set up?

He has been in our club for 12 years.. 12! He is Mr. AaB and very popular among the fans in Aalborg.. Nothing is 'bogus' about that.

Had it been any other player AaB fans probably wouldn't even bother to register here. To you he might be just another player passing through..

He has been in our club for 12 years.. 12! He is Mr. AaB and very popular among the fans in Aalborg.. Nothing is 'bogus' about that.

Had it been any other player AaB fans probably wouldn't even bother to register here. To you he might be just another player passing through..

Thats not true, he's another player passing through with a very funny name.

• 1 month later...

IMO Bruno N'Gotty has got to be our best signing. This might be becuase i've never seen Kaebi play on a regular basis, but N'Gotty was brilliant against us down the Walkers, he ruled the show. I also think his past experiance with Bolton and various other clubs is decent. Problem is, he is getting increasingly old but its good to have an experianced defender. But all in all, we have picked up a quality signing.

Archived