Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gibbom

new striker sappleton compared to emile heskey

i have heard that q.p.r fans are saying that our new striker ricky sapplaton will be like the leicester legend emile heskey

does anyone think he will turn out like him or even better then heskey

Only time will tell, he is many years off his prime and I will be surprised if he stays that long so we can all see him at his best :(

i have heard that q.p.r fans are saying that our new striker ricky sapplaton will be like the leicester legend emile heskey

They probably mean it as a derogatory term though :thumbup:

What I want to know about this Sappleton kid, is I don't understand wern't Liverpool reportedly after him? and why did QPR let him go? did he refuse a new deal? because surely if QPR released him he surely wasn't that good :dunno:

But won't judge him till seen the lad play, if hes like our Emile then should be mint :thumbup:

What I want to know about this Sappleton kid, is I don't understand wern't Liverpool reportedly after him? and why did QPR let him go? did he refuse a new deal? because surely if QPR released him he surely wasn't that good :dunno:

But won't judge him till seen the lad play, if hes like our Emile then should be mint :thumbup:

i was told he had attitude problems that were picked up at liverpool aswell and qpr, so hes probably one of those ' thinks hes larger than life' kids, but tbh i dont care, if he wants to be like that, let him, MA wont take no shit and that is something weve lacked in a manager for a few years! the sort of ' shape up or ship out ' attitude!

i was told he had attitude problems that were picked up at liverpool aswell and qpr, so hes probably one of those ' thinks hes larger than life' kids, but tbh i dont care, if he wants to be like that, let him, MA wont take no shit and that is something weve lacked in a manager for a few years!

Definatly MA won't have none of it. Definatly will be watching with interest to see how the lad develops

So we'll sell him to Liverpool for a not so fancy sum just before he'll be about to break through, as well?

No, thanks. :whistle:

i was told he had attitude problems that were picked up at liverpool aswell and qpr, so hes probably one of those ' thinks hes larger than life' kids, but tbh i dont care, if he wants to be like that, let him, MA wont take no shit and that is something weve lacked in a manager for a few years! the sort of ' shape up or ship out ' attitude!

Great, another Ryan Smith. :rolleyes:

Great, another Ryan Smith. :rolleyes:

Perhaps at last we have a manager who can cope with a bit of temperament.

Quite apart from lacking a decent team, goals, creativity, positive tactics, and a myriad other things in recent seasons what we've also missed is characters. Our teams have been emotively sterile - who will we ever look back on as being a bit special?

Joe Mattock has been one of the few to show a bit of personality - and that was for the Academy. Indeed I'll remember the antics of some of the guys from the Foxestalk Under 21's longer than I'll remember any of the current City players.

I don't know if Sappleton's got genuine ability to go with his bit of devil, but, if so, great. Without larger than life characters in and around their team, Leicester City have no chance of getting anywhere.

Perhaps at last we have a manager who can cope with a bit of temperament.

Quite apart from lacking a decent team, goals, creativity, positive tactics, and a myriad other things in recent seasons what we've also missed is characters. Our teams have been emotively sterile - who will we ever look back on as being a bit special?

Joe Mattock has been one of the few to show a bit of personality - and that was for the Academy. Indeed I'll remember the antics of some of the guys from the Foxestalk Under 21's longer than I'll remember any of the current City players.

I don't know if Sappleton's got genuine ability to go with his bit of devil, but, if so, great. Without larger than life characters in and around their team, Leicester City have no chance of getting anywhere.

:worship::worship::worship:

they are very similar perhaps a younger picture of heskey would be better :dunno:

Just looking for young pics of Heskey and came accross this?? :dunno:

january03_red.gif

heskey.gifEmile Heskey revealed as winner of unscreened 1992 Carlton show, Football Idol. - London, UK

A leaked document from the ITV Sports department has today revealed the full extent of the late 80s ‘Football Idol’ scandal. The ‘lost’ series, the precursor to the massively successful Pop Idol show, was rumoured to have been buried by Sky TV Executives immediately after the satellite broadcaster gained the rights to broadcast Premiership football for fear that it would cheapen the image of the game in England. Amongst the allegations in the document is the revelation that Emile Heskey was the original winner of the show and that the creators promised they could take an ordinary young man with a modicum of ability and make him a football star. The document also alleges that, where the Pop Idol format blatantly guarantees a record deal and massive exposure to the public for an average talent, the Football Idol format sought to conceal the deals that had been done under the table, namely a guaranteed contract with a Division 1 club which would either lead to promotion or a big name move to one of the, at the time, top four sides in the country and subsequently and unspecified number of games for the national team. It is beleived by many analysts that Heskey’s agent has managed to enforce all of these clauses despite the show never being broadcast. An ITV insider said, ‘We were paid far more by Sky to keep the lid on the show than it cost to make and we were allowed to keep the rights to the format, so all in all it turned into a great deal for the organisation not such a good one for Liverpool or England though, but he did alright for Leicester in the first.’ Heskey’s agent declined to comment.

Archived