Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Manager Speaks

I can't see this posted anywhere yet...

Well Good Morning

I am on the motorway, on my way to Stansted Airport to get our flight up to Scotland ready for the next week of prepeation and there are a few things you need to know.

Rab Douglas has been called up to help me with the coaching and training of our goalkeepers as Mike Stowell won't be on the trip as he has a family situation to deal with.

Of course at these times, the family is more important than any job and therefore Mike has been given time off and will return when he is ready. But he won't be coming to Scotland.

We picked up no major injuries at the weekend apart from minor knocks and the lad I had on trial who went on for the last couple of minutes will not be offered a contrac.t

Howeber, the statement he made to me and the players before kick-off in the dressing room will be going up on the wall, framed and in the dressing room.

He said that there are only two certain things in life and they are being born a Leicester City supportter and dying a Leicester City supporter. The players, staff and myself gave Lee Smith a big round of applause.

He won that prize and a day out behind the scenes at a supporters' event I attended last week and his eyes nearly popped out with four minutes to go on Saturday I asked him if he wanted to go on to the pitch to play. It was magic.

The game against Notts County went okay but there are a lot of things that need to be improved.

It was a good atmisphere and it was a good experience for me personally to get to know the workings behind the scenes at the Walkers Stadium.

A lot of people behind the scenes worked extremely hard and long hours of getting ready for the weekend.

There have been a lot of changes and a lot of "different" things happen and I suppose it's difficult when people's routines are changed. But you can either sulk and moan or march on in a positive fashion and adapt to the changes that are taking place.

There is no room for the negatives because the changes are going to happen anyway.

The attention to detail of all the staff and the way my family were looked after, to be honest with you we are all pinching ourselves as to just how lucky we are to be involved.

I have changed the goal celebration music and I watched with interest the supporters on Saturday and it was good to see them get up and give it some. I enjoyed the music last season and with 31,000 people at it, that will be magic.

I'm looking forward to working with the players in Scotland this week. I have changed the flight gome for immediately afterthe game against Kilmarnock on Saturday evening rather than staying overnight in Glasgow on a Saturday night.

Strict curfews will be in order and no-one will be alowed to leave the hotel without my permission and everything we do will be together and right from the very start.

It will be laid out in no uncertain terms the conduct that is required and there will be zero tolerance attitude to any misdemeanour.

Lastly, I must share with you one little story.

On Friday morning there was a hitch in the DJ Campbell deal. It was not major but it had to be clarified by Birmingham manager Steve Bruce.

I immediately rang him in Germany but they were undertaking their pre-season training, I could actually hear the players in the background on the pitch.

Mr Bruce never answered his phone, it was somebody else, and I asked if I could speak to manager Mr Steve Bruce please.

The man said he was training at the moment and I replied in my Scottish accent that it was Sir Alex Ferguson on the phone. The gentlemen in question replied: "I'll just get him".

Mr Bruce came to the phone and said "Good Morning Alex" and I replied "Good Morning Steve, it's Martin Allen. He laughed and laughed and laughed; he called me a few names, I got the answer out of him that I wanted and we got the deal completed.

Take Care

Martin.

lol Funnier than the last few updates, sounds like he had been really putting his all in to the DJ signing, he seems relieved.

Amusing article. I might now go 'gome' for a bit and begin practising my Sir Alex impressions, and maybe some other managers to, and other celebrities, for example the pert boobied Trisha Goddard

Wait until Phube gets hold of this one. :rolleyes:

Lee Smith fastly becoming a Leicester City legend. :unsure:

Sounds like the music after a goal is here to stay now. :thumbup:

What he did to Bruce as well is genius. lol

Vintage Martin Allen but his zero tolerance comment does make me wonder (only wonder cos I've no inside information) if that has anything to do with why Hammond and Porter are not involved.

Perhaps he's decided they're not going to be his first choice players but are sufficiently senior to make an example of. I'd have sooner he explained that in his notes than explaining the curfew rules and how everyone has to behave as if they're on a school outing.

Makes me glad I'm not a footballer nowadays.

I can't think of anything worse than spending all day training/playing football with team-mates and then having to spend all my leisure time with em as well. If you're the quiet type who would rather spend spare time exploring the countryside all this social bonding sounds awful.

Vintage Martin Allen but his zero tolerance comment does make me wonder (only wonder cos I've no inside information) if that has anything to do with why Hammond and Porter are not involved.

Perhaps he's decided they're not going to be his first choice players but are sufficiently senior to make an example of. I'd have sooner he explained that in his notes than explaining the curfew rules and how everyone has to behave as if they're on a school outing.

I can't think of anything worse than spending all day training/playing football with team-mates and then having to spend all my leisure time with em as well. If you're the quiet type who would rather spend spare time exploring the countryside all this social bonding sounds awful.

:laugh:

They'll all be on their Xbox 360s, grandad.

Dno if that was sarcastic or not, but the better these players get to know each other, the more they will want to help each other on the pitch. Which can only be a good thing.

If any players can't handle being part of a team, they know where the door is.

I prefer the ones about JFK, Roswell and Elvis being alive.

No they aren't involved for the same reason as Maybury, Kenton and Hughes they are deemed surplus to requirments. The fact they are gangsta means they are just shite footballers who are a bit gangsta like :mellow:

You have never been tothe lovely Maryhill or Kilmarnock have you :dunno:

For their own safety it is probably just as well they are being kept locked up, it's like Croydon, Canning Town and the Monsell rolled in to one :unsure:

Dno if that was sarcastic or not, but the better these players get to know each other, the more they will want to help each other on the pitch. Which can only be a good thing.

If any players can't handle being part of a team, they know where the door is.

No I wasn't being sarcastic. Although I loved all aspects of training and match days the social bonding bit would drive me nuts.

Could be a shocker this one - maybe you really are the only person who rates Elvis. :dunno:

anyone know what the new music is that will be played after each goal we score?

hopefully it will be played alot

Do you just post on here or have you tried looking at and reading other topics on the forum or you just a lazy arse!

Another great post by MA. Pleased to see he is trying to get some discipline in the squad as it was clearly missing last season.

It is a good thing that the squad are with each other 24/7 as there are a lot of new players and they need to be a team on the pitch as well as off it. The quicker they bond and get to know each other the better. I would imagine with MA he will inject a lot of fun and games into training to keep it interesting so I doubt they will be that bored.

You have never been tothe lovely Maryhill or Kilmarnock have you :dunno:

For their own safety it is probably just as well they are being kept locked up, it's like Croydon, Canning Town and the Monsell rolled in to one :unsure:

Funnily enough Kilmarnock is the only place I've watched a match in Scotland. I hitch-hiked round the the place when I was 14, slept in railway carriages, a Gorbals snooker club and even a police cell which were all more comfortable than the seat I had at draughty/drizzly Kilmarnock.

The match, against Celtic, finished 4-2 and the Killie defending was worse than dire.

I've not been to Maryhill but my uncle was a customs official at Greenock/Port Glasgow for many years and left me in no doubt what a rum old place it was. Makes Speke seem inviting apparently. :(:(:(

Archived