Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
World

Leicester City World

As a World subscriber with no other means of watching the games, the highlights tend to disappoint me. They just don't cut it, to be honest.

Some matches, the "highlights" aren't even two minutes long... I know we were pretty poor last season, but there must have been something more to the games than an Andy Johnson pass or a Paddy McCarthy cock-up. :ermm:

Also, I've encountered issues of late with video streaming. In fact, I always have had. The video feed is so sluggish that it only ever loads maybe 15 seconds before it pauses and buffers a little more. This has always made it difficult to watch the highlights. In the 'good old days' (the old-style OS website) it wasn't too much of a problem - I could just download the video to my desktop and watch it in perfect 'as it should be' smooth goodness. Since the download option seems to have been taken away, I have to simply pause and wait for it to load more before attempting to watch. But, this being powered by Windows Media Player, if you leave it on pause for too long, the streaming just stops and you're back to square one.

So my two demands for the coming season:

- Make longer, more detailed highlights that are worth watching. I want to see more than just a goal and a great save.

- Give us the download option back so I can watch the video as they're meant to be watched.

If they do the first without improving the second you'll be trying to watch it for days then

Sex sells, that's all i'm going to say.
These sort of "dirty" things do happen at the club. Certain players, who i won't name for legal reasons, play "games" in the showers. One involves who can get an erection the fastest.
:laugh: Erm..

I've also got some big news on the DD situation, or should i say, not so big news.

Is this why you're called Milky Joe?

1. Firefox compatibility (IE requirement is annoying)

2. Better video software - if unauthorised distribution is an issue, perhaps a youtube style applet that is embedded in the site, has a more efficient file type and better data streaming.

3. E-mail warnings if audio commentary is going to be down? Pretty heinous going to listen to a match only to find you can't.

What would be the point of that? It's most useful for people who can't get to Leicester every weekend.

Rewarding people who plump the most money into the club as opposed to those who contribute little or nothing? :dunno:

If they do the first without improving the second you'll be trying to watch it for days then

Indeed. I'm aware of that. ;)

I should have pointed out that 'watchability' (being able to download the video and watch it when it's ready) is my primary concern. If it doesn't improve come renewal time (mid September), I shall probably not bother renewing.

The content and price as of last season was fine by me - I really didn't mind spending the money... but if I can't watch them easily, I won't bother this time around. If World would improve access to the content, making it easier again for me to watch, then I'd happily renew at the same price for the same level of content. That's most important to me at the minute. Beyond that, better highlights would make the package better value for money, and that's always a plus.

Rewarding people who plump the most money into the club as opposed to those who contribute little or nothing? :dunno:

:(

:ph34r:

You do have a point though. A scheme for Season Ticket holders (even just a discount) would be a plus, I reckon.

"Who actually scored that goal? Was it an own goal? I can check on World!!" :ph34r:

"Was Elvis Hammond really offside this time? I can..." :ph34r:

You do have a point though. A scheme for Season Ticket holders (even just a discount) would be a plus, I reckon.

There's an alternative...groups of people could share a log on and a password :whistle:

I would like FA cup games - longer match highlights (7 minutes or so is good) rather than just the goals.

Thank you.

Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions guys. I will pass them on to the appropriate people adn will try to incorporate some of them.

Many thanks and keep all suggestions coming.

World

As a huge Soccer A.M fan can you please clarify exactly what you mean by this?

Are we talking goals goals goals, 3rd eyes and a Soccerette!

Possibly. We're trying to gauge what makes people pay for the service and how we can improve - both in terms of connections and availability, but new ideas etc.

Possibly. We're trying to gauge what makes people pay for the service and how we can improve - both in terms of connections and availability, but new ideas etc.

I there any chance we could have a lcfc.co.uk site where you can look at interviews etc and have some links that dont just take you to a lcfcworld advert. you could then have lcfcworld as a pay-per-view site with longer match highlights and exclusives for anyone willing to pay to listen to stephen hughes explain why he's still at the club...

Could we have a monthly pole-dancing spectacle featuring Leicester's fit slut bitches. Basically a pole, a girl, lots of oil, some self - petting, and few garments generally. Very cheap to make. Just keep it clean :whistle:

Yeah - make her wipe the juice off her thighs at the end

I have already mailed you regarding this request and I am told that the support relations and tech guys are looking at the situation however, as someone has asked:

MAKE IT MAC COMPATIBLE. SORT THE PLATFORMS OUT AND THE WEB PROVIDER.

The goes at the beginning of the piece of text, and then the closing tags go at the end.

So it should say

MAKE IT MAC COMPATIBLE. SORT THE PLATFORMS OUT AND THE WEB PROVIDER.

I suggest the following.

1 - a lower price, its very unattractive currently.

2 - make the bbc commentary free, not sure as others have said why radio leics kill their own internet commentary I assume its because of a deal with lcfc to allow revnues to be made on it.

3 - longer highlights the sort of length you see on tv featured matches on highlight programs.

4 - full videos of all press conferences

5 - possible live video conferences

for #4 and #5 a higher priced package could be used for that and a near live goal mouth replay could also be in a higher priced package but I think for the current stuff it needs to be priced lower and defenitly free bbc commentary. I used to have free access courtesy of ntl so I know the sort of stuff and I think its poor value for the money asked. I also support the idea of free access for season ticket holders.

I would suggest that if you are looking for feedback a good time to do it would be at the end of the previous season.

Asking for suggestions 2 weeks before the start of the new season smacks of poor customer service.

What makes me pay for the service? The fact that it is the only way I can listen to commentary given that I do not live with the Radio Leicester area.

Also, drop the price. It is too expensive for what it is. Have a commentary only option.

As an Aussie supporter, world is my only way of seeing the team in action.

I agree with most of the previous posters that the highlights aren't long enough. If we're paying as much as we are for the subscription, we should be getting more than 2 minutes of highlights.

Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but more than highlights, I would really like to see the full game. Is there some rights/contract thing preventing this from happening? If you look at mlb.com (yes, i know it's only baseball), their two tv subscription options allow the subscriber to watch any "non-market" (not on television) game live. Is it just asking too much to have this? World subcription is pretty hefty...if the live match thing (or even full match replay) is not possible, then we should definitely be getting more bang for our buck in the way of highlights.

Also, I agree with others who have said that the video streaming needs to be drastically improved. I have a cable internet connection here, which is damn fast, but the video is as choppy as hell, and to be honest trying to watch highlights and interviews has been giving me the Jimmy Smits, even when i only view them on medium quality. If the service were free, maybe i can understand things not being perfect here, but really, for what we are paying, I would expect to watch glitch-free video.

Would it be possible to get training video as well? Not every week or anything, but just the odd session. I would really like to see MA in action on the practice paddock.

Cheers

I used to subscribe to World but gave up 2 years ago principally due to the poor viewing connection. I've also noted that the price has increased significantly over the seasons. Due to these 2 issues & the fact that there are other ways of obtaining access to on-line highlights/match commentary, there is no real incentive for me to subscribe unless accessibility/price issues are addressed & the content is improved.

Currently I feel that World is another way of grabbing hard earned cash from fans.

The club has shown more imaginitive ways to sell "memberships" eg with the Platinum options. I thought a previous post about giving free access to match highlights etc based on code on ticket was a good idea...maybe 72 hrs access to World following a match - this would give season ticket holders free access (not sure how this would apply to away matches unless code could be provided). However, this doesn't help those who have geographic/socio economic barriers to attend matches on a regular basis!

Obviously fans from "larger" clubs have access to dedicated TV channels - currently I think that I would subscribe to such a LCFC channel (dependant on price!) so I suppose my real issues are accessibility/ready access (via TV) & content eg I note that Man U TV shows matches on delay - not sure if this is full match or highlights only [but I suppose if City were in Premiership this wouldn't be an issue for those with access to Sky showing matches in the evening etc].

I don't pay to view posts on FT but I feel that I gain more day to day info on the club via FT than I currently would via a subscription to World! :thumbup:

compatibility with firefox and less turgid cr@p, do away with the need to register just to access basic articles, infact move away from the whole premiumtv thing and have a site that has its own character and appeal rather than "rentasite" borrowed from every other club in the country

Monthly review video with previously unseen footage of the football and interviews (bloopers) Show the bits of skill that made us go wow but you missed out of the main 2 min highlights, show players totally missing the balls and being totally shite.

Tackle of the month, pass of the month etc...

Have the video tip section with different players giving educational tips e.g "How to beat the offside trap with Hammond"

Archived