Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

so..who was your man of the match

I can't split Hume and DeVries. Hume not only got his goal but had other chances including a well-worked left-footer which almost produced his second. DeVries got his assist and linked play so well. It really was hard to believe this was the lumbering HGV (sorry MDV) of old.

This must have been closeto the MDV who had such a good goals ratio at Hearts. He was a handful to Portsmouth and I can see him being even more awkward for Championship defences if they've also got to cope with Hume and Campbell.

Clemence lead well, battled hard and especially in the last 25 minutes took the game by the scruff of the neck and lead us forward. Finally we have someone willing to stand up and be counted.

shows the difference between are midfield last year and this year is there any comparison

I thought Clemence was fairly anonymous until Kish went off then it was like he'd found a new vocation in life, and for the last 20 minutes or so was everywhere and into everything, I'm sure he felt a greater sense of freedom - whether that was because Kish went off and left him with more space/responsibility or Weso backing him up I'm not sure.

It certainly made me want to play Clemence and Weso as the two key mid-fielders.

MOM Hume

First half MDV, second half Clemence. For Pompey David James and Pedro Mendes.

Interesting dilemma as to starting line up next week. Great to see so much competition in so many areas of the park.

The lad who came on as last sub for leics (no 33) showed some quality defensive work at LB.Anyone know anything about the lad?

First half MDV, second half Clemence. For Pompey David James and Pedro Mendes.

Interesting dilemma as to starting line up next week. Great to see so much competition in so many areas of the park.

The lad who came on as last sub for leics (no 33) showed some quality defensive work at LB.Anyone know anything about the lad?

Was that rowe turner?

Archived