Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Leicester City vs Blackpool. Line-ups and Predictions

Paul Rachubka---------------------------

--Danny Coid( is a left back)--Paul Tierney (on loan at stockport)--Stephen Crainey (is a left back)--Michael Jackson (is a centre half)

--Wesley Hoolahan (is a left midfielder)--Adrian Forbes (is a winger)--Claus Bech Jorgensen--David Fox ( is a centre midfielder)

--------------------Scott Vernon----Andrew Morrell---------------

-----------Henderson------------

Stearman--McAuley--N'Gotty--Sheehan :dunno:

-----------------Weso----------------

------------Kish-------Clem---------

------------------Hume--------------

----------De Vries--Fryatt--------

I agree, that's probably what he'll go for (Assuming you mean Campbell upfront :thumbup: )

But I think that there are enough "potential scorers" in that team. Stearman, N'Gotty and McAuley are all dangerous at set pieces. Newton can get into some decent positions (Would have scored at the weekend if it wasn't for that ridiculous save from James), Clemence has got a good shot on him and will be dangerous if he gets some space 25 yards and closer and Levi popped up with some goals last season. Then there are the two strikers. It's not our strongest 11 but I think there is enough quality through the spine of the team to be too strong for Blackpool.

:thumbup: Corrected.

Wasnt Mattock injured earlier in the week i think i remember seeing it in the mercury and because our defence is slightly depleted for the irst game Kishishev at right back anyone? That was his position for Charlton when they originally signed him. Could anyone tell me who is out for the first game i thought it was

Cort, Kisnorbo, Kaebi, Hayes, Mattock ?????

City's minor injury worries are over Joe Mattock, Jonny Hayes and Carl Cort for Saturday. There we go thats the quote on the mercury website article about Kenton.

Anyway heres my team.

---------------------------------------------------------------Henderson-----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Chambers-------N'Gotty-------McAuley-------Kenton----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Newton-------Kishishev-----Clemence------Hume--------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------De Vries------Campbell----------------------------------------------------------

Subs:

Nielsen

Stearman

Hellings

Wesolowski

Fryatt

That wont be the team but thats what id have Goalkeeper will be hard choice but you have to weigh up Nielsen 2 conceded against Hinckley and Kilmarnock and Hendersons 3 against Portsmouth considering the opposition he was against i think Hendo should get the nod. That team is based upon the players that are out but if Hayes and Mattock recover they'd proborbly be at least on the bench. Kish and Clem are both more holding midfielders so id play Newton and especially Hume as wingers diving in to support the strikers. looks like De Vries will start so i put him in and Campbell sounds like hes been sharp when hes been on the pitch so id put him in the team even if it means sacrificing Humes place up front.

GK Henderson

RB Chambers (If Mattock Fit) Stearman if Not

CB N Gotty

CB McAuly

LB Mattock (If Fit) Chambers If Not

RM Newton

CM Kish

CM Clem

LM Hume

CF Fryatt

CF DJ

Start 4.4.2 Move to 4.3.3 if req'd

Subs Nielson, Kaebi,Stearman/Kenton,De Vries,Porter

Think this would be a good starting line up obviously have same reservations about left hand side as everyone else. I think Hume will do a job but that is no way ideal.

Nielson

Chambers, N'Gotty, McAuley, Mattock

Newton, Kishishev, Clemence, Weslowski

Hume, De Vries

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Hayes, Fryatt, Campbell

LCFC 2 - 0 Blackpool (Hume, Clemence)

Attendance: 26,354

Paul Rachubka---------------------------

--Danny Coid( is a left back)--Paul Tierney (on loan at stockport)--Stephen Crainey (is a left back)--Michael Jackson (is a centre half)

--Wesley Hoolahan (is a left midfielder)--Adrian Forbes (is a winger)--Claus Bech Jorgensen--David Fox ( is a centre midfielder)

--------------------Scott Vernon----Andrew Morrell---------------

FFS. None of us even know what we're going to be fielding against them yet alone what they're going to put out!

Rachubka

Barker

Jackson

Evatt

Crainey

Taylor-Fletcher

Fox/Jorgensen

Southern/Flynn

Hoolahan

Parker

Morrell/Vernon

It'll be something like that. I think, obviously nobody actually knows, where as his team is a little bit to extreme to believe It wouldn't suprise me to see Grayson playing a couple of players out of position.

Whatever we should beat them they don't have the depth or the quality that we do. But I wouldn't take anything for granted.

I'm worried about our keepers, I feel we still don't have a sturdy No.1 and this season will result in alot of chopping and changing inbetween the sticks. (I haven't actually seen Nielsen play but lets call it 'gut feeling' :thumbup: )

I'd very much like to see us try a different formation... but its not going to happen and we'll more than likely start with a 4-4-2 :(

This would be my XI for the Blackpool game:

-----------------------Hendo----------------------

Chambers--Stearman---McAuley--Mattock (if fit)

----Kishishev------Clemence-----Porter----------

--------------------Hume--------------------------

-----------MDV------------Fryatt-------------

Subs: Nielsen, N'Gotty, Kaebi, Newton/Weso, DJ

Leicester v Blackpool

This will be a featured match on Saturday's Score - 1430 BST on BBCi and bbc.co.uk/score

Leicester duo Gareth McAuley and Joe Mattock have overcome pre-season injuries and are in the squad.

But two of the Foxes 12 summer signings - Hossein Kaebi (thigh) and Carl Cort (hamstring) - miss out, while Patrick Kisnorbo begins a two-match ban.

Blackpool could be without Wes Hoolahan as they wait for a Fifa ruling on whether he is available to play.

But new signings Paul Rachubka, Michael Flynn, Joh Hills, Stephen Crainey and Gary Taylor-Fletcher are all available.

wot do u all think the starting 11 should be?

this is mine

----------------------Nielsen---------------------

chambers---mcauley----n'gotty------mattock

kishishev----------clemence------------porter

----------------------hume---------------------

------------fryatt-------------campbell--------

subs:

henderson

kenton

stearman

hellings

de vries

I reckon this will be the team MA will go with:

Nielsen

Chambers Mcauley N'gotty Mattock

Newton Kishishev Clemence Hayes

Hume De Vries

Subs:

Henderson, DJ, Porter, Stearman, Weso

I reckon he will start with de Vries cos he bums him, and then after he's been playing shit at half time he'll bring on DJ and then we can start scoring. If Mcauley is injured he'll go with Stearman at CB, and if Mattock's injured....erm...erm.... Sheehan???

Nielsen

Hume De Vries

Subs:

I reckon he will start with de Vries cos he bums him, and then after he's been playing shit at half time he'll bring on DJ and then we can start scoring. If Mcauley is injured he'll go with Stearman at CB, and if Mattock's injured....erm...erm.... Sheehan???

well mattock and mcauley are fit to play and what are you doing choosing hayes over porter we havent even seen hayes play and porter is a god in his own right :D

Nielsen

Hume De Vries

Subs:

I believe this is quite close (I could be very wrong though) to the squad we'll see play tomorrow, although Nielsen won't be in goal, Hendo will. Also Kenton is going to be in the squad somehow so most likely he'll replace porter on the bench I'd of thought. ;)

P.S. City for a 2-0 win, scorers Hume and Kenton (off the bench)

Archived