Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Leicester City vs Blackpool. Line-ups and Predictions

who do you think's going to start the game against blackpool on saturday mr prediction is nielson(gk)

chambers(LB) n'gotty(CB) McAuley(CB) kenton(RB)

porter(LM) clemence(CM) kisishev(CM) newton(RM)

de vries/fryatt (STRIKERS) d j cambel/hume(STRIKERS)

subs

henderson

kaebi

stearman

hellings

fryatt/de vries/d j cambel/hume

i've only put kenton in the starting line up because he has been promised to start by martin allen after a good game at cambridge

kaebi i don't think is fit enough to start

and i don't know who to choose up front because de vries looked promising during the portsmouth game, matty fryatt's been scoring a few goals the same goes for iain hume and d j cambel i think might just be on the subs bench

not bad...

mine wud probably be

gk.nielson

rb.kenton

cb.mcauley

cb.n'gotty

Lb.chambers

rm.newton

cm. clem

cm.kish

lm.hayes/porter

st.DJ

st. hume

subs:

kaebi

de vries

mattock

hendo

weso

:thumbup:

GK Henderson

RB Chambers

CB N'Gotty

CB Kenton

LB Sheehan

RM Newton

CM Clemence

CM Kishishev

LM Porter

ST Deep Freeze

ST Huuuuuuuuume

SUBS

Nielson, McAuley, Wesolowski, Campbell, Fryatt

I very much doubt that Kaebi will make the starting line up. MA has already said that his fitness 'isn't quite right' and that 'there's no rush' so I'd expect to see Newton there.

My guess would be...

GK Henderson

DR Stearman

DL Chambers

DC McAuley (maybe Kisnorbo)

DC N'Gotty

MR Newton

ML Porter

MC Kishishev

MC Clemence

FC Hume

FC Campbell

I very much doubt that Kaebi will make the starting line up. MA has already said that his fitness 'isn't quite right' and that 'there's no rush' so I'd expect to see Newton there.

My guess would be...

GK Henderson

DR Stearman

DL Chambers

DC McAuley (maybe Kisnorbo)

DC N'Gotty

MR Newton

ML Porter

MC Kishishev

MC Clemence

FC Hume

FC Campbell

Just to remind everybody Kisnorbo is banned..

And I have a bad feeling MDV will start :(

Just to remind everybody Kisnorbo is banned..

And I have a bad feeling MDV will start :(

And thats a bad thing :rolleyes:

-------------------Henderson--------------

--Chambers---McAuley--N'Gotty--Mattock-

----Wesolowski---Clemence--Kishishev---

----------------------Hume-------------------

-----------De Vries---------Campbell-------

Id like to see:

-------------------Nielsen

Chambers---McAuley---N'Gotty---Mattock

Ka'abi---Kishishev---Clemence---Hayes

----------Hume-------DJ Campbell

I think it will be:

-------------------Nielsen

Stearman---McAuley---N'Gotty---Chambers

Newton---Kishishev---Clemence---Mattock

------------Hume------DeVries

It worries me that we've done all this spending and signed all these players, yet I can't think of a good LB or LM to play for Blackpool game, especially if Mattock isn't fit! I would have thought MA would have sorted this by now. Can't see MA playing Porter LM as he hardly used him in Pre-season and he didn't feature in our strongest starting line-up against Pompey. Therefore, can see him playing with maybe Weso or Hume out of position on the Left.

Nielsen

Chambers

N'Gotty

McCauley

Stearman

Newton

Clemence

Kishikev

Wesoloski (Mattock if fit)

DeVries

Hume

subs - Hendo, Kenton, Hellings, Dj Campell, Fryatt

Not a great team, and could see a struggle to score goals, however I still feel enough to beat Blackpool by the odd goal.

That would be a awesome team.

Although I think I'd rather player Matty instead of MDV.

I like that line-up, maybe narrow, but it is using our best players and has a lot of attacking threat through the middle. WOuld be very happy with that against Blackpool. Saves the worry of a good RM and LM.

Blackpool, in my opinion, are the team who will finish bottom this year, only here because they had good form towards last season. The only player that I "fear" in their team is Andrew Morrell, who according to soccerbase scored 16 goals last year. tbh I don’t know any of they're players. On paper we should win this easily.

However since that game against Bolton a few years ago I try not to make judgements on newly promoted teams but I will be shocked if we lose on Saturday. Anything can happen but it’s unlikely that the un-expected will happen to us on Saturday. The only thing that could get them a point or three is they're effort. They might try harder but I doubt MA will let that happen!

In pre-season the "tangerines" have won two games against Fleetwood (3-0) and Bradford City (2-1) but have lost against Carlisle and Wigan, both finishing in 2-1 defeat. Their only draw of pre-season came against Livingston. The defeat against Carlisle would be concerning if I followed Blackpool. Yes, we have lost twice as well but both games were against established Premiership/SPL teams.

Blackpool Maybe

---------------------------Paul Rachubka---------------------------

--Danny Coid--Paul Tierney--Stephen Crainey--Michael Jackson

--Wesley Hoolahan--Adrian Forbes--Claus Bech Jorgensen--David Fox

--------------------Scott Vernon----Andrew Morrell---------------

Leicester My Team

-------------------------------Jimmy Neilson----------------------------------

--Richard Stearman--Gareth McAuley--Bruno N'Gotty--James Chambers/Joe Mattock

--Shaun Newton--Stephen Clemence--Radostin Kishishev--Levi Porter

-----------Iain Hume/DJ Campbell--Mark De Vries/Matty Fryatt----------

No Keabi and Kisnorbo becuase they have been away. I would go for Mattock at left back but MA has played Chambers there alot and plays Mattock in the left midfield slot. The striker places are un-predictable. De Vries, star man of pre-season. Hume, top goal scorer last season. DJ Campbell, new big money signing. Or Matty Fryatt, once our hot-shot but a injury savaged season since.

Im going for a 3-1 win to City.

Hume, De Vries and Clemence

How can you say that you don't know any of their players, then write them off and suggest that they only have one good player in the same breath?

I dunno too much about Blackpool but I'm pretty sure that won't be their starting 11.

As for us...

Nielsen

Chambers McAuley N'Gotty Sheehan/Mattock

Newton Wesolowski Clemence Porter

Hume Campbell

Some good choices there, particularly RicFlair, Tommeh and Burnham.

And, unlike last season, it's clear there's more than one half decent approach.

I'm not sure I'd want to push Hume into a supporting role considering the form he's in and there's no way, on what I've seen so far, that I'd prefer Mattock to Sheehan in a home match, particularly if the former has an injury concern. When training started I felt Mattock was in pole position. But Sheehan's done well. He's got two assists, deserved to get more and was immaculate against Cambridge.

A lot of me would like the faster Stearman as centre-back but the N'Gotty/stearman partnership hasn't been used against quality opposition so it's perhaps not a justified risk.

With those thoughts I'd go:

Logan;

Chambers, N'Gotty, McAuley/Stearman, Sheehan;

Clemence, Wesolowski,

Porter;

Hume, DeVries, Campbell.

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Kishishev, Fryatt, McKay/Beswick.

The last name might be a surprise. But I agree with a point made to me by DavieG that I'd always have one fringe youngster on the bench. Odhiambo seems to be ahead of McKay but I think the latter has the edge and is a more influencial all-round footballer. There really isn't much in it - both are super prospects - but he's impressed me in all the friendlies, hence my choice.

It won't happen of course. Barring injury the team will more likely be:

Nielsen;

Stearman, N'Gotty, McAuley/Kenton, Chambers frusty:,

Newton, Clemence, Kishishev, Porter,

Hume, Devries/Campbell.

That's a far better team than last years but has only 5.5 potential scorers compared with my 6.5.

Nielsen;

Stearman, N'Gotty, McAuley/Kenton, Chambers frusty:,

Newton, Clemence, Kishishev, Porter,

Hume, Devries/Chambers.

That's a far better team than last years but has only 5.5 potential scorers compared with my 6.5.

I agree, that's probably what he'll go for (Assuming you mean Campbell upfront :thumbup: )

But I think that there are enough "potential scorers" in that team. Stearman, N'Gotty and McAuley are all dangerous at set pieces. Newton can get into some decent positions (Would have scored at the weekend if it wasn't for that ridiculous save from James), Clemence has got a good shot on him and will be dangerous if he gets some space 25 yards and closer and Levi popped up with some goals last season. Then there are the two strikers. It's not our strongest 11 but I think there is enough quality through the spine of the team to be too strong for Blackpool.

Archived