Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Leicester City vs Blackpool. Line-ups and Predictions

I like that line-up, maybe narrow, but it is using our best players and has a lot of attacking threat through the middle. WOuld be very happy with that against Blackpool. Saves the worry of a good RM and LM.

If that side were picked I wouldn't argue. It's hard to see a weakness and it plays to our strengths. I would still use Sheehan at left back - for me he's had more influence than Mattock and we'd need his ability to cross and flight the ball.

But clearly the fans prefer Mattock at left-back despite having seen so little of him there so you cannot imagine MA will be any different.

Sadly though I don't think Mattock would have anywhere near the same attacking influence - I've mostly seen him as supporting rather than directly creating - and, in a narrow line up, the forwards would need supply.

I can see us losing today.

I'm negative like that, me.

Bloody hell, if that's what a Friday night session does I'd change beers.

One thing about Barbars - it might be expensive and close to 10% proof - but once you've downed some some never think we're gonna lose - not even in the Kelly days. :)

Gk Nielsen (no reason other than he is squad no' 1)

Rb Kenton (down to Cambridge away)

Lb Chambers (not that right backs make good left backs)

Cb Bruuuuuuuuuuno

Cb McCauly

Rm Weso

Lm Mattock (he does not seem to fancy Levi)

Cm Captain Clem

Cm Kishishev

Cf Huuuuuuuuuuume (of course)

Cf Campbell (of all the talk of Devries LCFC won't pay £2.1m and keep the bench warm)

Subs

Hendo

Stears

Levi

Fryatt

De Vries

Nielsen

Stearman N'Gotty McAuley Chambers

Newton Kishishev Clemence© Mattock

Hume Campbell

I don't want that team though...

People call for restraint on the first day but if he plays that team and cocks up he'll deserve all the flak he gets.

People call for restraint on the first day but if he plays that team and cocks up he'll deserve all the flak he gets.

It wont be too different though :cry:

Ive updated mine slightly but reckon he`ll go...

Nielsen

Stearman - N`Gotty - McAuley - Chambers

Newton - Kishishev- Clem - Weso

Hume - DJ

I hope he plays Mattock on the left, drops Stearman and plays Chambers on the right but he seems to be a fan of Stearman me thinks?! Anyway, not long now but I still think it`ll be 3-2 or 4-2 to us.

I'm not going to predict the team as havent got a clue. I'm going to be looking at my matchday program all day today trying to figure out who's who.

But that said, I predict a 2-0 Leicester win. Hume, Clemence

I reckon considering the style of play we have seen in the pre-season matches... :)

Nielsen (although I reckon Henderson might push for the spot)

Stearman - N`Gotty - McAuley - Chambers (wish Kisnorbo wasn't suspended... :()

Newton - Kishishev- Clemence - Weso

Hume - Campbell

Nielson

Chambers, N'Gotty, McAuley, Mattock

Newton, Kishishev, Clemence, Weslowski

Hume, De Vries

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Hayes, Fryatt, Campbell

LCFC 2 - 0 Blackpool (Hume, Clemence)

Attendance: 26,354

Bit of an embarrassing team & bench prediction really, I was miles off.

Bit of an embarrassing team & bench prediction really, I was miles off.

Got the front line correct Wooly.. and that Weso would be on one of the flanks.. not in the centre midfield... so you had the basis of what MA chose... so don't be too hard on yourself... ;)

Archived