Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Players two weeks off match fitness!

I wouldn't have believed it but if you looked at kishishev on saturday you can understand. This comes straight fromDave Rennie. It's very worrying. I don't think Allen will last past septembert to be honest.

What is Dave Rennie's official capacity at the club?

If he a fitness coach or a physio or something?

I wouldn't have believed it but if you looked at kishishev on saturday you can understand. This comes straight fromDave Rennie. It's very worrying. I don't think Allen will last past septembert to be honest.

Odd, that you claim to know something this complicated, but are seem unaware that Tommy Tejan-sie left the club months ago.

I thought that watching the training session at the Walkers. I couldn't how sloppy they looked and how easy they were being worked. Even at non-League level some of what I saw would have been unacceptable.

A previous training session at Belvoir Drive looked really interesting but not what I'd call intense physically and MA has made much of keeping injuries down with thoughtful attention to the demands of training.

All very well to a point but I can think of no excuses whatsoever for any professional team having to select less than fully fit footballers.

It's not throughout the club. People like Hume and Wesolowski look fit - together with virtually all the Academy attackers. It's the seasoned professionals who look sluggish. What's new.

I thought that watching the training session at the Walkers. I couldn't how sloppy they looked and how easy they were being worked. Even at non-League level some of what I saw would have been unacceptable.

A previous training session at Belvoir Drive looked really interesting but not what I'd call intense physically and MA has made much of keeping injuries down with thoughtful attention to the demands of training.

All very well to a point but I can think of no excuses whatsoever for any professional team having to select less than fully fit footballers.

It's not throughout the club. People like Hume and Wesolowski look fit - together with virtually all the Academy attackers. It's the seasoned professionals who look sluggish. What's new.

Not your way of seeing things how you want to see them thats for certain.

Get the ****ers swimming some frequent lengths, swimming is awesome for fitness and injuries are almost 100% avoidable. Think water I say. It's about time out team for once were in meticulous tip-top condition

So all your favourites were fit (including Weso who is NEVER fit) whilst all the ones you don't like, weren't fit.

What a coincedence Thracian! :rolleyes:

To be honest, a number of managers do this (although I'm not a fan of it). Wenger is a chief example as is Benitez in that their teams are only 85% fit for the start of the season, so that they really get into their stride and full fitness a few games in. It keeps their injuries down during the pre-season and allows them to concentrate more on technique and training sessions.

As I say, it's not something I like, because I was always taught that a good start is vital, really getting into a team in the first few minutes so it's not you chasing the pace, but there you go. Just as long as they're two weeks off fitness and not 4 or something stupid like that.

I'm not sure where all this comes from but my interpretation of our pre-season was that at times the players were working too hard. The Scotland trip seemed to be a really tough one with 3 training sessions a day and training sessions on match-days. I also thought that we keep getting stronger in the second half of matches whilst our opposition tires which is another example of good fitness levels isn't it???!!!

I don't think that there general fitness is a worry but like any player who has had a summer break, they are never at full speed with match fitness from the get-go. I am more concerned at the length of time it will take for the first team to understand each others movements on the pitch and all the little idiosyncrasies that players do that take time for their team mates to understand! The signs were decent for the first game and I am hoping that by game 8-10 of the season that we have totally settled down and are in the top half, ready for a promotion tilt!

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on the fitness although on reading some posts we seem to have finished the game on top which would suggest we were not that out of shape!

I don't think city as a team were as prepared as Blackpool for the start of the season and that boils down to one man I'm sorry to say!

It's good to run a tight ship as MA is doing but it can also make you very insular and this is the first trait I've picked up with him.

He has in effect been promoted twice in one season something most clubs find difficult he's has a lot to learn at this level lets hope he learns by his mistakes unlike our last two managers!

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on the fitness although on reading some posts we seem to have finished the game on top which would suggest we were not that out of shape!

I don't think city as a team were as prepared as Blackpool for the start of the season and that boils down to one man I'm sorry to say!

It's good to run a tight ship as MA is doing but it can also make you very insular and this is the first trait I've picked up with him.

He has in effect been promoted twice in one season something most clubs find difficult he's has a lot to learn at this level lets hope he learns by his mistakes unlike our last two managers!

It's hard to judge fitness levels unless we try to play at tempo for both halves.

Indeed it may be because of fitness concerns that our players are not really pushing up until the second half.

Right or wrong we need sustained high tempo from the kick-off.

As stated elsewhere, I overheard one of the Academy lads slagging off the new regime for making them do basic fitness work. Make of this what you will.

Frankly I thought we looked fit on Saturday. As I said in the comments thread, one of the positives I took from the game is that we didn't lose through lack of fitness or through lack of commitment like last season. I felt we were still strong right to the last minute.

As stated elsewhere, I overheard one of the Academy lads slagging off the new regime for making them do basic fitness work. Make of this what you will.

They are probably still upset at not having that huge comfy changing room and being distanced from the first team squad! Life isn't easy when it isn't so comfy!

They are probably still upset at not having that huge comfy changing room and being distanced from the first team squad! Life isn't easy when it isn't so comfy!

I must admit I chuckled as the ignorant little tosser cried to his mate.

Archived