Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Clemence

was pure class. The guy showed why some pundits say he was the best piece of business in the Champ this season, so much time on the ball, superb passer, ran the game. We haven't had a player like that since......well I can't remember!! :D

Muzzy izzet?

He did have a great game yesterday. Not just his individual performance but how he linked up with Wesolowski. I thought Clemence and Weso looked a much better paring than Clemence and Kishishev.Hopefully MA will realise this and continue with it.

They both passed the ball well and won there share of balls in midfield. I seem to remember a few people slating him last week as well.

Any one else notice he injured him self before the game?

His heal i think it was, Martin Allen and Whitbread spoke to him, Dave Rennie done sometreatment, a little bit of work on his heal. Then running and passing, seeing how it went.

Great commitment to want to do that and play.

He could of eaily of gave up and sat in the stands

He did have a great game yesterday. Not just his individual performance but how he linked up with Wesolowski. I thought Clemence and Weso looked a much better paring than Clemence and Kishishev.Hopefully MA will realise this and continue with it.

They both passed the ball well and won there share of balls in midfield. I seem to remember a few people slating him last week as well.

Clemence/Weso partnership has been the best pairing in all the games pre-season/league & cup. When ever we've played them Clemence has been a different class unfortunately up until yesterday that has never been long enough in any game. I hope Allen gives this pairing an extended run.

Agreed, he was brilliant yesterday, and he and wesolowski complement eahother really well. Both are happy to do the dirty work and can also drive forward and try and create. Clemence always seems to find space and plays it simply keeping the ball, essential away from home. Also when there were loose balls on the edge of each penalty areas there always seemed to be a yellow shirt there and we were certainly very dominant in this area of the pitch. Fantastic sihning in my opinion.

Didn't go to the game yesterday (moving house!!!) but am pleased to see that the Clem/Weso partnership is gelling well. As has been said above, I hope the two get an extended run in the side- will be even better when we have some decent outlets on the wing- Kaebi, and if we sign him, Ferreira.

Have to agree. I'm delighted that for once a youth team product is living up to the hype; Weslowski did look a touch of class yesterday. A real box to box display and he seems to be working very nicely with Clemence. Lets hope they get an extended run in the side.

Clem is great, he is a player we were crying out for.... and he is a leader who will get the best out of the players.... I remember watching him closely when brum beat us end of last season at our place, he really did stand out, his leadership, passing, tackling and vision were key to brum last season...

was pure class. The guy showed why some pundits say he was the best piece of business in the Champ this season, so much time on the ball, superb passer, ran the game. We haven't had a player like that since......well I can't remember!! :D

Ill believe it when i see it. I thought he was our worst player against Blackpool.

Ill believe it when i see it. I thought he was our worst player against Blackpool.

I think that's really harsh on Clemence. Fair enough he didn't have the best game, but it was his first game with a completely new midfield. Compared to what he was used to last season it was a difficult game for Clemence, not helped at all by Kishishev who was largely disappointing.

I hope Allen sees the Weso and Clemence partnership how many on here did, because yesterday they seemed to make a very good pairing in the centre.

Out of interest, do you take drugs? Medication? Suffered from a blow to the head?

Clemence was our worst player?

:laugh:

A bit extraordinary this. I fully accept that Clemence had an excellent game against Palace and have long believed Wesolowski should be a starter in central midfield.

But a thread of his own to draw attention to Clemence's first notable game in six (including friendlies)?

With Fryatt seemingly on the fringe and perhaps on the way out have we got a new blue eyed boy who can do no wrong?

If so, I hope he makes a more telling long term contribution than the last one.

He played very well in the second half yesterday, I think he plays well with Wesolowski because it allows him to sit deep and spray passes about the park ala Michael Carrick. He is much better at influencing the play that way than trying to burst forward, as required when partnering Kishichev.

He's definitely a player who likes to dictate the play. Like the previous poster said, him and Weso compliment each other nicely- he is allowed to play his game the way he wants, passing here there and everywhere etc.

With some more time I'm sure he'll be our key player eventually.

He played very well in the second half yesterday, I think he plays well with Wesolowski because it allows him to sit deep and spray passes about the park ala Michael Carrick. He is much better at influencing the play that way than trying to burst forward, as required when partnering Kishichev.

I didn't watch Saturday but that definitely seems true. Hopefully it will prove a complimentary partnership with Kishishev filling in competently on off days or for tiring legs.

A bit extraordinary this. I fully accept that Clemence had an excellent game against Palace and have long believed Wesolowski should be a starter in central midfield.

But a thread of his own to draw attention to Clemence's first notable game in six (including friendlies)?

With Fryatt seemingly on the fringe and perhaps on the way out have we got a new blue eyed boy who can do no wrong?

Get over yourself fella. Forget friendlies as they are just about fitness. Yesterday we saw the reasons as to why MA decided to pay a 7 figure sum for the lad. He has a lot on his shoulders does Clem, dropping back down a division to captain a side that has practically everything new about it from the flowers at the stadium to the 14 players! To his credit, he has come along and is starting to show us what he can do. As for your reference with Fryatt, well it just shows what a silly old man you are! The guys and gals on here are just sharing their delight at seeing such a comprehensive midfield display that your tip, the wizard that is Levi Porter could never do from central midfield!

behave yourself !

all the bloody threads on dodds / porter /sheehan/ king that you have been involved with and your accusing him of being the blue eyed boy!!!

Archived