Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Wesolowski – AN LCFC Legend in the making.

James Wesolowski – Legend in the making.

I’m not one for labelling players legends lightly as many of you will know but this guy is surely going to be one.

Already he’s been a major influence two seasons running in preventing us from the dreaded drop into the third tier of English football and his impact this season is clear to see.

In the 2005/6 season his return to the team as a sub in Levein’s last game against Plymouth came too late to save Levein but it was a fortuitous arrival for Kelly as it sparked a run of 3 wins on the bounce that virtually ensured our survival unfortunately it also, with a another broken bone, cruelly led to his absence for virtually the whole of 2006/7 season.

When he did return his influence eventually made it’s mark and had a major impact on us achieving vital away wins against Preston and Barnsley.

This season his influence is there for all to see, against Blackpool a big improvement in our performance coincided with Wesolowski moving into the middle to partner Clemence.

He scored the vital /only goal of the game in a scrappy encounter with Accrington, I can’t comment on the Palace game, as I wasn’t there but against Watford he was superb and many fans MOM including the Mercury (that’s blown my logic ;) ).

I’m more than happy with the Clemence / Weso partnership in midfield and would like to see Allen build a promotion winning team around this pair, granted it’s not the most creative but I’d like to see that provided down our wings.

I know I'm not the first to come to this conclusion Ric for example has been on about him for years but I can foresee in the future I'm going to be adding Jimbo to the list of Foxestalk Legends. :thumbup:

I’m not one for labelling players legends lightly as many of you will know but this guy is surely going to be one.

Already he’s been a major influence two seasons running in preventing us from the dreaded drop into the third tier of English football and his impact this season is clear to see.

In the 2005/6 season his return to the team as a sub in Levein’s last game against Plymouth came too late to save Levein but it was a fortuitous arrival for Kelly as it sparked a run of 3 wins on the bounce that virtually ensured our survival unfortunately it also, with a another broken bone, cruelly led to his absence for virtually the whole of 2006/7 season.

When he did return his influence eventually made it’s mark and had a major impact on us achieving vital away wins against Preston and Barnsley.

This season his influence is there for all to see, against Blackpool a big improvement in our performance coincided with Wesolowski moving into the middle to partner Clemence.

He scored the vital /only goal of the game in a scrappy encounter with Accrington, I can’t comment on the Palace game, as I wasn’t there but against Watford he was superb and many fans MOM including the Mercury (that’s blown my logic ;) ).

I’m more than happy with the Clemence / Weso partnership in midfield and would like to see Allen build a promotion winning team around this pair, granted it’s not the most creative but I’d like to see that provided down our wings.

I know I'm not the first to come to this conclusion Ric for example has been on about him for years but I can foresee in the future I'm going to be adding Jimbo to the list of Foxestalk Legends. :thumbup:

Yes, he has been nothing sort of brilliant so far I have to say, hopefully his leg will stay in one piece and we wont recieve any big money offers for him any time soon.

And he was fantastic in the second half at Palace too. I've got to admit, he does look like a hell of a player and we are very lucky that he came through our ranks and wasn't snapped up by a bigger club. Fingers crossed we can hold onto him for as long as possible while still not to the detriment of his career.

yes he can become a driving force for our club but lets be careful about labelling him a potential legend. These type of players only come around once a every 10years.

You've not read many of my posts re legends then :D

:appl:

If there's one player who deserves the hype it's Wesolowski. He's the best midfielder we've had since Muzzy Izzet and Neil Lennon, who i'm hoping Weso will totally outclass tonight like he did do against him in that friendly a few years ago.

Weso's got so much going for him now. He's looking strong again and showing the footballing skills and decision-making qualities that are making him so influential in what is now a very good midfield.

Not only that, he looks constantly happy. He seems to have a steady, and rather lovely-looking, girlfriend, seems popular with his colleagues and, on and off the ptich, conveys the impression of a captain in the making.

So often we seem to play well when he's around and I don't think he's the sort who will lose his focus.

A legend?. Depends what we achieve but I'm optimistic on both counts.

:appl:

If there's one player who deserves the hype it's Wesolowski. He's the best midfielder we've had since Muzzy Izzet and Neil Lennon, who i'm hoping Weso will totally outclass tonight like he did do against him in that friendly a few years ago.

Apparently, Lennon has been utter guff for them. Prehaps Thracian was right :unsure:.

Weso was dominant on saturday.

Best i've seen him play.

Hopefully he can stay injury free,learn from Captain Clemence's experience and let that be a platform for him to build a decent career with us.

Top man :thumbup:

Weso's got so much going for him now. He's looking strong again and showing the footballing qualities and decision-making qualities that are making him so influential in what is now a very good midfield.

Not only that, he looks constantly happy. He seems to have a steady, and rather lovely-looking, girlfriend, seems popular with his colleagues and, on and off the ptich, conveys the impression of a captain in the making.

So often we seem to play well when he's around and I don't think he's the sort who will lose his focus.

A legend?. Depends what we achieve but I'm optimistic on both counts.

Great post thracian, absouletly sums up weso in this post. The only doubt i have is that i hope he stays injury free, after breaking his leg twice already. But to me bouncing back like that shows a lot of desire already. Keep it up weso

Apparently, Lennon has been utter guff for them. Prehaps Thracian was right :unsure:.

Looking back, I can't see why we were desperate for him to come back. Having said that, the fact Clemence and Wesolowski are on fire might be the reason for that. It's been 7 years since we've had a quality midfield pairing, 7 fookin years.

Yeah I agree, if he stays with us he will be a big player and potentially a legend for us like Lennon or Izzet. I think Hume could reach that level of appreciation as well.

to some people Hume already has which is ridiculous

Only because the vast majority of those people were too young to appreciate (or never saw) the MON team.

I wanted Lennon back I must admit, but then at that time I had no idea we were going to sign a player of Stephen Clemence's quality.

I don't think it is ridiculous at all, the man has always given 100% for Leicester and has proved his quality. And Fez is right, for the younger generation he's the only thing they have that is close to the team of O'Neill. But for me he has a bit to go before he reaches that level, but I firmly believe that if he remains with us, he will reach it.

He's definitely got the potential to be a class player for us, not sure about legend status here purely because we'd do well to hold onto him for so long.

I'll admit, last year I couldn't understand all the hype about him, the performances I saw were nothing special, but I hold my hands up and now realise what a god player he is. I just hope he can keep his legs in one piece and keep this work up.

:)

I'd actually piss myself, after all the fuss the Aussies have made about him, if he decided to try and pursue an England cap instead lol

Obviously would never happen but still lol.

There hasn't been any talk or fuss about him over here ever very much unknown. But he should be included in our squad in a couple of weeks to play Argentina (got my ticket already a freebie might i add) and be locked in as an AUSSIE so hands off

He has been capped at u/ levels

hes aussie you fool!

I know that you fooking plank.

There hasn't been any talk or fuss about him over here ever very much unknown. But he should be included in our squad in a couple of weeks to play Argentina (got my ticket already a freebie might i add) and be locked in as an AUSSIE

Was responding to that.

Archived