Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bainesy

would fowler and hasslebank been so bad

i mean, if milan was willing to put them on the payroll. they could have been a great option. what do you think?

erm yes! i dont think they would be in the legends list but they would have almost garentee us a good season

and i am still disappionted that they never came...its all MA's fault :angry:

Let's see what they do for Cardiff over the next couple of months before we start going over the 'if's and buts'

Undoubtedly quality players in their prime, but they still got fire in their belly, the dury is out!

Martin Allen couldn't wait to see how they did at Cardiff. He had to make a decision. Right or wrong the chairman should have backed him. Managers are paid to make decisions.

Its not that they would be so bad, more probably that we have got better and livelier options. These types of players would almost demand to feature most games at this level and to do that you would have to build teams around there style of play because they are both one dimensional at this stage of their careers. MA didn't want to do that and IMO rightly so.

look i think we are thinking like leicester fans. it was milan's money to burn. not the board's. take em, if there shit he would have brought in more in january. but saying no to the owner pushed him over the edge. could you imagine mad dog barking at JFH. it wouldn't have worked. MM saw that i think.

From MM's point of view they would have been a good addition as we would have sold more shirts to all those gullible fans out there, I guess we might even have managed a few more bums on seats, for how long well I guess that's what Allen wanted to be more sure of.

MM doesn't do careful vetting he seems to just follow his gut instinct, this is what told him to hire Allen and also to sack him.

Watch out for the next edition of the LCFC Manager Merry go round coming to a football ground near you soon.

look i think we are thinking like leicester fans. it was milan's money to burn. not the board's. take em, if there shit he would have brought in more in january. but saying no to the owner pushed him over the edge. could you imagine mad dog barking at JFH. it wouldn't have worked. MM saw that i think.

If that's the case why bother having a manager and it's too easy to say if they're shite get rid they could upset the whole spirit of the team examples of which we seem to have had far too many of in recent years.

Martin Allen couldn't wait to see how they did at Cardiff. He had to make a decision. Right or wrong the chairman should have backed him. Managers are paid to make decisions.

Obviously :rolleyes: . Allen said 'no', that was good enough for me. Makes you wonder though whether it was Allen who was saying 'no' to Fowler when Milan made his interest aware. Looks like this triggered of a tiff between the two and it's escalated from there. You can understand why Milan would be pissed off though, he's a self made millionnaire and he brought Allen up from League 2, you couldn't blame him (regardless of whether it is wrong or not) for seeing Allen as vastly inferior and perhaps a little ungreatful if Milan was trying to pull in some big names, as we know, that's his style. I suspect the inclusion of Mark De Vries (who was getting slated by the fans) also added fuel to the fire when Milan sat in the crowds and was picturing Robbie and Jimmy up there

Not both of them together. In fact, I wouldn't have even bothered with Hasselbaink. He's way past it.

Fowler on the otherhand would have been a good signing I think, but he rejected us :dunno:

How can you say Hasselbaink is past it and Fowler isn't? :blink:

If that's the case why bother having a manager and it's too easy to say if they're shite get rid they could upset the whole spirit of the team examples of which we seem to have had far too many of in recent years.

i do see your point. i liked MA. i really think what he did with MDV had guts. but he could have said, o.k. take them for a low contract as you can get and lets see what they can do. you have to have a little diplomacy, manager or not. if your in a job, you do your research on the boss. how many times do you think harry said, milan. no. fook off. he had diplomacy. just a theory

I would have welcomed the likes of Fowler and Hasselbaink. They'd be paid by Mandaric although I guess we supporters would have to cough up in price hikes somewhere along the line.

The argument that they would upset the current players doesnt wash with me. What have Hume etc done in the game compared to Fowler and Hasselbaink?

I agree, stay by your current players if they are decent but come on, Hammond, Fryatt and de Vries are suspect to say the least.

In fact, would it be such a big surprise if we were to sign a big name veteran once the new yes man/manager is in place?

i do see your point. i liked MA. i really think what he did with MDV had guts. but he could have said, o.k. take them for a low contract as you can get and lets see what they can do. you have to have a little diplomacy, manager or not. if your in a job, you do your research on the boss. how many times do you think harry said, milan. no. fook off. he had diplomacy. just a theory

As I understand Harry did say no once to often and MM sacked him only to have to eat humble pie, when all his 'yes' men replacements fooked up and ger him back.

As for research it's obvious MM didn't do enough on Allen.

they're both risks and we've got hungrier, fitter (and younger) strikers in Hume, DJ and probably even De Vries. Fowler's a similar mould to Fryatt too who will be decent if he starts to care. Not lost any sleep over them.

Not both of them together. In fact, I wouldn't have even bothered with Hasselbaink. He's way past it.

Fowler on the otherhand would have been a good signing I think, but he rejected us :dunno:

We did not go all out t get fowler because allen didnt want him hear otherwise milan would have offered him a better deal.

i mean, if milan was willing to put them on the payroll. they could have been a great option. what do you think?

MA was in a no win situation.......

He was the manager and ultimately the buck stops with him. His apparent aim was to build a squad with hunger and desire to succeed as much as himself. As with all managers he will be judged mainly on results by the majority of fickle football fans.

If MA didn't want Fowler, Hasselbaink, Riordan etc then he had to stand up to MM and tell him. (which is what has happened on the face of it).

The second option which MA rightly DIDN'T accept was that if these players came to the club, and he was told they HAD to play then his managerial record is out of his control effectively. Fowler and Hasselbaink etc could have been big time charlies, unfit and affected the overall team morale. The result would be fans on MM back to sack MA. MA made the right decision and good on him. He was appointed as manager to make these FOOTBALLING decisions. He was not prepared to put his record on the line with the signings of such players, as this could ultimately affect his future employment.

Whilst I am not sure where MA's future employment lies, probably div 1 again. I don't think this situation will have damaged future prospects. Yet surely a 6 month reign with players he didn't want to play, and bad results, followed by the sack would have been a pointless situation.

It would appear MM is going to make these FOOTBALLING whoever the next manager is, and the next, and the next. Whoever the manager is basically has to accept these terms that they don't choose ALL signings. I guess this would be a similar role to being an international manager to a certain degree as their selection process is limited.

I ask those fans who slate MA for not allowing these signings to progress to put themselves in this his position. A no win situation that could have damaged his managerial record for no fault of his own.

Good Luck MA, I am sure you will come back to haunt MM somewhere, someday.

To wrap this post up, please don't think this is siding with MA. Cause as a good fence sitter.........the bottom line is MM is a ruthless businessman, and typically wants to get involved where he has employed others, but HE HAS THE MONEY and therefore makes these decisions as his peril whether we like it or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see 4/5 more managers during the next 3 years.

Fowler and Hasselbaink would have been money spinners for Milan.

For example, at Cardiff in one day they sold 3,000 shirts with Fowler on the back.

Say each shirt cost £35 + £10 shirt printing that's £45.

£45 x 3000 = £135,000 in one day :|

+ all the other days they have probably made £250,000 of merchandising for him.

If he's on £10,000 a week then that's enough money to pay his wages for 25 WEEKS. Taking most of the initial risk of signing him out.

And Hasselbaink has probably made something similar to that. ( Plus he has a big name :D )

It was all part of a money making plan of Milan and nothing to do with football as they will probably be injured every other game.

What do Fowler and Hasselbaink care? This is probably there last season(s) and are just raking the money in for the last time.

That is why Allen would have wanted him on a trial, to prove his hunger, fitness and determination for the beloved game.

Archived