Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Plymouth player ratings

Fulop 1 - He's no Logan.

N'Gotty 2 - Doesn't attack enough.

Mattock 7 - He's young.

Kisnorbo 4 - Can't pass.

McAuley 3 - Not quick enough.

Sheehan 10* - Words cannot sum up how incredible this guy is. What a player.

Clemence 3 - over 21 years of age.

Wesolowski 5 - played well.

Hume 4 - tried hard but should have scored.

De Vries 2 - too old.

Campbell 1 - he's no Elvis.

---

SUBS

Porter 9 - Napoleonic performance. Wasn't helped by all the old lags round him.

Kishishev 3 - too old.

Cort 1 - too black.

Fulop 9 - Excellent display, really commanded the box and had a fair bit to do. Seems a decent communicator but the best thing he has on Henderson and Logan is his reach. On four or five occasions today he had to reach out above a crowd of players to punch clear and did so effectively. Always the favourite to claim crosses and loose balls. Came out brilliantly in the first half to smother at the feet of Buzsaky.

N'Gotty 8 - Just does not put a foot wrong. Didn't offer a hell of a lot going forward admittedly but when you go to places like Plymouth you need to look solid defensively and no-one got the better of him all afternoon.

Mattock 6 - Not particularly bad but struggled at times. Offered little support defensively by Sheehan. A bit too laidback in possession and let the ball run away from him a couple of times but hopefully he will gain some confidence from the clean sheet and the faith shown by Beaglehole.

Kisnorbo 8 - Strong in the air and coped well on the deck against Hayles who in my opinion can be quite a lively striker with the right service. Caught out of position once or twice but made up for it every time and one tackle in particular on Sylvan Ebanks-Blake was worldclass, saving almost a certain goal.

McAuley 8 - As above really. Commanding in the air, coped well with quite a heavy workload as Plymouth became stronger in the second half.

Sheehan 6 - Really poor first half. Careless in possession, lazy in closing down and chasing back, offered Mattock little in the way of help from what I could see. Improved no end when he moved back to left-back and made a couple of vital interceptions towards the end.

Clemence 7 - Showed some touches of real class but we looked overrun in the second half and we could have done with him settling things down and getting us on the ball more. Nalis had too much time and space to dictate play in that second half. Having said that, he really did look comfortable in the first half and it's reassuring to see we have a player capable of looking so classy in possession.

Wesolowski 7 - Again was excellent first half, making lots of probing runs through the middle with the ball and providing our main link between midfield and attack. Like Clemence, lost a bit of authority second half and then looked uncomfortable when asked to play on the right at the end.

Hume 7 - I'm enjoying watching him play on the right, had two shots from distance which it's good to see him trying and he also looked dangerous when shifted up front towards the end. Linked extremely well with Cort. However, he drifted out of the game for large periods and was very greedy, especially in one position where we should have scored.

De Vries 6 - Not a patch on his Watford performance obviously but actually did pretty well with the service he got, I thought. Far too many long balls aimed at his head which we know is not his forte but he battled well and got little from the referee. Also produced one bit of skill which had many shaking their head in disbelief, turning a defender on a sixpence and charging into the area. Needs to play the easy ball the majority of the time though. Takes too much time on the ball.

Campbell 4 - Looked disinterested, took up poor positions, didn't offer De Vries much support, was caught offside when it was unnecessary, has no strength whatsoever and didn't make the most of the two times he did get the chance to run at their defence, shooting wastefully wide from distance on one occasion and miscontrolling the ball after trying to take on one man too many on the other.

---

SUBS

Porter 6 - Looked purposeful in possession and showed some good direct running but there was no final ball there, which negated all the good that came before. Doesn't close down quickly enough in defensive positions.

Kishishev 7 - Really put a shift in, closed down quickly and effectively and at one point forced Plymouth back from an attacking free kick to the point where they played it straight back to the keeper. Important in ensuring a point today.

Cort 7 - De Vries but can head it. Great touch, played in Hume with one fantastic crossfield ball. Hopefully will be a big asset for us this season.

Maybe it cos' Martin Allen could really get him going and he is sad to see him gone. :cry:

I'd go along with what Fez said. Fulop was excellant, Kisnorbo and McAuley solid but with the left hand side looking weak and Hume having to come looking for the ball we never really threatened the wings.

Disappointed with Campbell and Cort did look promising

The main difference for me with last year was being over run in midfield, the difference between Jarrett / Hughes / Johnson / williams and Clemence and weso as a partnership is huge and without those two again I think we'd have buckled and lost 2 or 3 again.

Fulop - 8.5 - very commanding, some great saves. i reserve 9's for really, really great displays! :)

Mattock - 6.5 - ok, no real mistakes, booked

N'Gotti - 8 - very solid

Kissa - 8.5 - solid, 1 great last ditch tackle and with McCauley kept plymouth pretty much at bay

McC - 8.5

Sheehan - 7 - did fine, i don't think he's amazing but seemed composed enough

Weso - 7.5 - looked usual self, dogged and hard working

Clemence - 8.5 - makes time for himself, never lost possession and controls the tempo. what we missed most last season

Hume - 7.5 - some good touches, nearly scored a sweet volley

De Vries - 6.5 - 1 lovely turn and wasn't getting any favours from the ref (think Crouch in Euro games), but pretty average

Campbell - 5 - looked to run at players now and then but distribution was poor and nothing came off

Cort - 7 - looked handy, nice roley-poley over ad board

Kish - 6 - did little of note

Porter - 7 - added some attacking impitus down the left and was handy on the break towards the end. tired too easily

Fez's ratings are spot on.

I'm afraid our left side consisting of Mattock and Sheehan just didn't work first half and we looked weak. Mattock just looks lost really, but I'm sure this will change with experience. Sheehan improved second half when moved to left back, and he actually had a decent game there.

I'm with Fez on those ratings, Fulop MOM. We were solid at the back, all 4 of them, and Kisnorbo made some really top drawer goal saving tackles.

Cort looked sharp though didnt see much of the ball, though I will give him 7.5 just for waving when I shouted 'Carl Cort give us a wave' :D

By the look at these ratings you would of thought we'd won 3-0!

that what i thought. 8 and 9's seem odd in what was, by all accounts, a rather low quality game... but i suppose some people will rank relative to the standard of the game - ie 10/10 for the best performance in that particular game relative to the other players, rather than to football games in general... which can be a bit misleading.... and would therefore be enhamced by having an overall team mark... so an 8/10 performance in a 4/10 game would reflect one of the better performers in a below average game: anyway, people will do whatever they do...

I wasn't there, Fez and I haven't seen any highlights, but those numbers seem high.

We only had 2 shots on target and only had 44% possesion.

Plymouth had 7 on target which kinda justifies the defensive numbers, but for a 0-0, I think it reads that we did alot better than we really did.

As I said, I wasn't there. :dunno:

that what i thought. 8 and 9's seem odd in what was, by all accounts, a rather low quality game... but i suppose some people will rank relative to the standard of the game - ie 10/10 for the best performance in that particular game relative to the other players, rather than to football games in general... which can be a bit misleading.... and would therefore be enhamced by having an overall team mark... so an 8/10 performance in a 4/10 game would reflect one of the better performers in a below average game: anyway, people will do whatever they do...

The bottom line is that it was a commanding defensive display and every single opinion I've read by someone who went to the game agrees that Fulop, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo and McAuley were outstanding.

I could have given 6s to Wesolowski and Hume and 5s to Sheehan and Mattock but they're all young players who have had an incredibly unsettling week and there was no lack of effort from each of them. I've seen a few times people mention that the younger players do read this forum and it'd be nice for them to read that those who attended the game were appreciative of their efforts. They each put the work in when needed and they will all play far better in more settled circumstances in the near future.

Fulop 9*

N'Gotty 8

Mattock 6

Kisnorbo 8

McAuley 7

Sheehan 4

Clemence 7

Wesolowski 6

Hume 7

De Vries 6

Campbell 4

Porter 5

Kishishev 7

Cort 7

Interesting to give a defender four in a clean sheet and considering he was supposed to have made two vital blocks near the end.

Maybe it cos' Martin Allen could really get him going and he is sad to see him gone. :cry:

He needs to be bigger than that and get his arse in gear if that is the case. Leicester City FC pay his wages, not Allen, and he more than most professionals knows how lucky he is to have such a great job. Get on with it FFS.

The bottom line is that it was a commanding defensive display and every single opinion I've read by someone who went to the game agrees that Fulop, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo and McAuley were outstanding.

I could have given 6s to Wesolowski and Hume and 5s to Sheehan and Mattock but they're all young players who have had an incredibly unsettling week and there was no lack of effort from each of them. I've seen a few times people mention that the younger players do read this forum and it'd be nice for them to read that those who attended the game were appreciative of their efforts. They each put the work in when needed and they will all play far better in more settled circumstances in the near future.

Fair do's :thumbup:

How anyone can criticise the player ratings when they didn't go to the game is beyond me. :rolleyes:

I wasn't criticising. Just pointing out how it looked to those of us that didn't go, bearing in mind it appears to be a pretty dull game with very little effort from an attacking perspective. :thumbup:

That's not the point though surely, you can only assess people on their performances not on extenuating circumstances. A loss/draw/win still gets the same points whether you play the youth team or a bunch of veterans. I'm not saying your ratings are wrong because I wasn't there. But from what I heard on the radio they do sound a little generous.

Archived