Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Fryatt goal seals reserves win

Just got back. It should've been 0-0, and it deserved to be 0-0 until the ref played a nice assist to give us the game 1-0. Lincoln were bringing the ball away from their box, passed it inside and the ref trapped the ball nicely. Beswick said thankyou very much, took it down the left side and played it across for Fryatt to tap in from 8 yards. With only 10 mins left Lincoln couldn't respond, and will feel a bit pissed off.

Just got back. It should've been 0-0, and it deserved to be 0-0 until the ref played a nice assist to give us the game 1-0. Lincoln were bringing the ball away from their box, passed it inside and the ref trapped the ball nicely. Beswick said thankyou very much, took it down the left side and played it across for Fryatt to tap in from 8 yards. With only 10 mins left Lincoln couldn't respond, and will feel a bit pissed off.

how did we look? in particular kee, kaebi and the newby. :thumbup:

For me Kaebi was one of our best performers tonight it what was another poor performance by the reserves who don't seem to play too well at The Marstons. Kaebi made some good runs down the right flank even though he was playing RB. Maybury was just annoyin - playing hoofball up to Fryatt who everyone knows can't head very well. Towards the end of the first half he seemed to be playing in a kind of DM position and was attempting to play balls which he just doesn't have the ability to do!!

Kee looked to be quite good when he came on, ran around alot and seemed to want to get involved which is good. Well built muscle wise (how old is he btw??)

Who played and how'd they all do?

Henderson 6 - Didn't really have much to do, made a couple of good saves, but you'd expect him to save them. Flapped at one cross mind.

RB/RM Kaebi 7 - Showed touches of class. Started at RB, move to RM in second half. Loves to attack, defends because he has to! I'd feel much more comfortable with him in midfield, as sometimes he just doesn't get back in to position.

CB Stearman 6 - Not much asked of him, did what he had to do.

CB Kenton 7 - Surged forward with the ball a couple of times, even making it up to the edge of the oppo box a couple of times. Comfortable night.

LB Chambers 6 - Would have prefered him at right back, did ok.

RM/RB Maybury 6 - Did o.k, but typical limited performance. At one point i'm sure he was defensive midfield, Lush would've loved it! :D

CM King 6 - Did o.k, just sort of goes about his business really. I'd love him to take the initiative a bit more and show more flair, but played a couple of nice through balls.

CM Hellings 6 - Went off injured after 40 mins.

LM Beswick 6 - Provided a nice assist for the goal.

CF Fryatt 6 - scored the winner from 8yards, but largely a frustrating night for him.

CF Mckay 6 - Bit frustrating for him aswell

Subs

Magunda (40) 6

Billy Kee 6 - Was impressed by him when he came on for the last 20 mins. Likes to put himself about, looks to get a shot in, loves to show for the ball and drop into the hole to pick it up. A bit like Rooney actually, Roonkee sounds a good name!

Henderson 6 - Didn't really have much to do, made a couple of good saves, but you'd expect him to save them. Flapped at one cross mind.

RB/RM Kaebi 7 - Showed touches of class. Started at RB, move to RM in second half. Loves to attack, defends because he has to! I'd feel much more comfortable with him in midfield, as sometimes he just doesn't get back in to position.

CB Stearman 6 - Not much asked of him, did what he had to do.

CB Kenton 7 - Surged forward with the ball a couple of times, even making it up to the edge of the oppo box a couple of times. Comfortable night.

LB Chambers 6 - Would have prefered him at right back, did ok.

RM/RB Maybury 6 - Did o.k, but typical limited performance. At one point i'm sure he was defensive midfield, Lush would've loved it! :D

CM King 6 - Did o.k, just sort of goes about his business really. I'd love him to take the initiative a bit more and show more flair, but played a couple of nice through balls.

CM Hellings 6 - Went off injured after 40 mins.

LM Beswick 6 - Provided a nice assist for the goal.

CF Fryatt 6 - scored the winner from 8yards, but largely a frustrating night for him.

CF Mckay 6 - Bit frustrating for him aswell

Subs

Magunda (40) 6

Billy Kee 6 - Was impressed by him when he came on for the last 20 mins. Likes to put himself about, looks to get a shot in, loves to show for the ball and drop into the hole to pick it up. A bit like Rooney actually, Roonkee sounds a good name!

cheers :)

Matty Fryatt's fourth goal in the last two reserve team games, helped by a referees assist, gave Leicester a League Cup victory against a strong and resolute Lincoln Reserves at Hinckley this evening.

City took 80 minutes to finally break Lincoln down, the only goal coming courtesy of a bit of magic from left-winger Ryan Beswick who won possession (from the referee) some 30 yards out, evaded a couple of challenges and drilled an always dangerous pass low across the penalty area where Fryatt was waiting to plunder a typical poacher's goal.

These two almost combined a second time minutes later when Beswick lobbed a terrific ball through the Lincoln defence for Fryatt to volley a thunderbolt from about 20 yards which Lincoln keeper Duffy somehow managed to block.

Unusually there were few chances for City but the Beswick/Fryatt's show started five minutes before the breakthrough when Fryatt half-blocked a Duffy clearance and the a defender, clearing up, mishit his clearance straight to Beswick who, faced with a difficult shot into an open goal from some 30 yards lofted his effort the high side of the bar.

This game was no classic. Lincoln were big, combative and organised while Leicester always looked a bit unbalanced, a bit narrow and a bit too inclined to loft the ball in the air.

There was no appearance from new signing Djeziri as hoped but Kaebi completed 90 minutes at right-back/right wing and was mostly appreciated by the 243 spectators.

Defensively he was tidy and later on, as Leicester finally pushed forward with some purpose he showed himself fast enough and skilled enough to run past people but rather unwilling to shoot and generally unable to deliver a telling final pass.

There was a commendable clean sheet for the defence where Richard Stearman and Darren Kenton generally coped admirably with the big visiting attackers, Stearman completing the third game I've seen him at centre-back for one goal conceded.

Lincoln were restricted to long range efforts, which thankfully went wide, high or straight at goalkeeper Henderson and probably the nearest the visitors went to a goal was a penalty shout against James Chambers which went unheeded.

Chambers was deployed for another 90 minutes at left back but, again, although he was steady enough, his constant need to turn the ball onto his right foot slowed our progress, and his failure to always play the simple pass plus his awkwardness in the position just seemed to lose the team some balance.

Andy King provided the pass of the game early on to produce a cleverly lobbed "goal" for Fryatt which was sadly ruled out for the striker being marginally offside. Kin remained competent through in central midfield - an area city mostly controlled apart from a 20 spell in the first part of the second half when Joe Magunda replaced the injured Sergio Hellings and city lost some momentum. Magunda gradually picked up the pace and Leicester regained the initiative towards the end, especially after they'd scored.

Matty Fryatt probably shaded Man of the Match because of his winning goal and willingness to have a crack. But the easily underestimated Beswick was involved in virtually all City's best moves and his assist was so telling it virtually gifted Fryatt his goal.

Player ratings in a separate thread.

Matty Fryatt's fourth goal in the last two reserve team games gave Leicester a League Cup victory against a strong and resolute Lincoln Reserves at Hinckley this evening.

City took 80 minutes to finally break Lincoln down, the only goal coming courtesy of a bit of magic from left-winger Ryan Beswick who won possession some 30 yards out, evaded a couple of challenges and drilled an always dangerous pass low across the penalty area where Fryatt was waiting to plunder a typical poacher's goal.

These two almost combined a second time minutes later when Beswick lobbed a terrific ball through the Lincoln defence for Fryatt to volley a thunderbolt from about 20 yards which Lincoln keeper Duffy somehow managed to block.

Unusually there were few chances for City but the Beswick/Fryatt's show started five minutes before the breakthrough when Fryatt half-blocked a Duffy clearance and the a defender, clearing up, mishit his clearance straight to Beswick who, faced with a difficult shot into an open goal from some 3o yards just passed the high side of the bar.

This game was no classic. Lincoln were big, combative and organised while Leicester always looked a bit unbalanced, a bit narrow and a bit too inclined to loft the ball in the air.

There was no appearance from new signing Djeziri as hoped but Kaebi completed 90 minutes at right-back/right wing and was mostly appreciated by the 243 spectators.

Defensively he was mostly tidy and later on, as Leicester finally pushed forward with some purpose he showed himself fast enough and skilled enough to run past people but rather unwilling to shoot and generally unable to deliver a telling final pass.

There was a commendable clean sheet for the defence where Richard Stearman and Darren Kenton generally coped admirably with the big visiting attackers, Stearman completing the third game I've seen him at centre-back for one goal conceded.

Lincoln were restricted to long range efforts, which thankfully went wide, high or straight at goalkeeper Henderson and probably the nearest the visitors went to a goal was a penalty shout against James Chambers which went unheeded.

Chambers was deployed for another 90 minutes at left back but, again, although he was steady enough, his constant need to turn the ball onto his right foot slowed our progress, and his failure to always play the simple pass plus his awkwardness in the position just seemed to lose the team some balance.

Andy King had another competent game in central midfield - an area city mostly controlled apart from a 20 spell in the first part of the second half when Joe Magunda replaced the injured Sergio Hellings and city lost some momentum. Magunda gradually picked up the pace and Leicester regained the initiative towards the end, especially after they'd scored.

Matty Fryatt probably shaded Man of the Match because of his winning goal and willingness to have a crack. But the easily underestimated Beswick was involved in virtually all City's best moves and his assist was so telling it virtually gifted Fryatt his goal.

Cheers, Thrac.

Matty Fryatt's fourth goal in the last two reserve team games gave Leicester a League Cup victory against a strong and resolute Lincoln Reserves at Hinckley this evening.

City took 80 minutes to finally break Lincoln down, the only goal coming courtesy of a bit of magic from left-winger Ryan Beswick who won possession some 30 yards out, evaded a couple of challenges and drilled an always dangerous pass low across the penalty area where Fryatt was waiting to plunder a typical poacher's goal.

Unusually there were few chances for City but the Beswick/Fryatt's show started five minutes before the breakthrough when Fryatt half-blocked a Duffy clearance and the a defender, clearing up, mishit his clearance straight to Beswick who, faced with a difficult shot into an open goal from some 30 yards lofted his effort the high side of the bar.

Defensively he was tidy and later on, as Leicester finally pushed forward with some purpose he showed himself fast enough and skilled enough to run past people but rather unwilling to shoot and generally unable to deliver a telling final pass.

Andy King had another competent game in central midfield - an area city mostly controlled apart from a 20 spell in the first part of the second half when Joe Magunda replaced the injured Sergio Hellings and city lost some momentum. Magunda gradually picked up the pace and Leicester regained the initiative towards the end, especially after they'd scored.

You missed out the assist from the referee which ended up in the net. was really funny. Also the pie and chips where lovely whilst standing behind the goal looking at how pretty weslowski's girlfriend was.

Aye cheers. Fryatt doing well in reserves, but he's gonna have his work cut out for a break into the first team.

He's a hard player to assess. So often he's knocked off the ball quite easily. He doesn't seem quick enough. He frustratingly ignores better placed colleagues as he tries every which way to make a chance for himself. But then, as tonight he also has three or four excellent chances and puts himself on the scoresheet. Question is whether he can do it often enough against faster, better defenders. Me I'm doubtful but then again Campbell is hardly blasting them in from all angles.

You missed out the assist from the referee which ended up in the net. was really funny. Also the pie and chips where lovely whilst standing behind the goal looking at how pretty weslowski's girlfriend was.

She is rather nice, as is Levi's ex, who was also there.

Thanks for reminding me about the ref. Included in the thread now.

Another win which is always pleasing! Nice to hear some say Kaebi did well in forward positions. To be honest, we have far too many right-backs and Newton hasn't impressed at RM so Kaebi would be ideal as a RM until he toughens up a bit and gets used to English football.

I know he gets ripped apart on here by many but the underlying fact is Matty Fryatt scored again. I know on the face of it goals seem simple if they are penos or 8 yard taps in but the fact that he is there to do it says plenty about what proper strikers do. I'm not too sure what he has to do to get ahead of Cort and MDV though. I'm no statistician but he has scored more goals in pre-season than anyone else and continues to score for the reserves (4 in 2??) as well but still he doesn't get enough game time. I hope he comes good because yes he at times doesnt give the right ball or make the correct decision but he is a goal scorer with decent pace who gives defenders a headache by running at them.

i thought kaebi was amazing. Looks like he could play anywhere. Seemed to cover every blade of grass although he made a poor back pass in which fell to a lincoln player and they should of scored. Did a lovely cruyff turn in the first half which for me made up for the mistake. Also Hellings had a lovely strike on goal in the first half and Lincoln should have had a penalty in the first half. Cant remember who made the challenge. My attention was distracted ala weso's missus. Not a perv. Honest. Hehe

Another win which is always pleasing! Nice to hear some say Kaebi did well in forward positions. To be honest, we have far too many right-backs and Newton hasn't impressed at RM so Kaebi would be ideal as a RM until he toughens up a bit and gets used to English football.

I know he gets ripped apart on here by many but the underlying fact is Matty Fryatt scored again. I know on the face of it goals seem simple if they are penos or 8 yard taps in but the fact that he is there to do it says plenty about what proper strikers do. I'm not too sure what he has to do to get ahead of Cort and MDV though. I'm no statistician but he has scored more goals in pre-season than anyone else and continues to score for the reserves (4 in 2??) as well but still he doesn't get enough game time. I hope he comes good because yes he at times doesnt give the right ball or make the correct decision but he is a goal scorer with decent pace who gives defenders a headache by running at them.

I don't think it's easy to tell the whole story with Fryatt, off the pitch or on it.

Archived