Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Let's hear it for Burley

George Burley would be perfect for this club. I mentioned on an other thread that this bloke has the ability to get sides promoted and creates good footballing sides but just as importantly, he has the ability to unearth good players from here and abroad and some of them have earned Southampton in particular some mega money with the likes of Bale, Jones, Baird amongst others already departed. I think I am right in saying that he also helped discover Richard Wright, Darren Bent, Kieron Dyer and Titus Bramble whilst at Ipswich but we`ll allow him his blip with Titus. He brings in the youth players if good enough like he has down at Southampton with players like Surman and Bale so that tells us he has an eye on who can make it and who cant.

From the horrid names we have been linked with in recent days, I would hope that Milan doesn't make a snap decision and waits a week or two more if needed to see what develops with the likes of Burley, Davies or dare I say it (I have had a few beers today already), Martin Jol. I hope he doesn't see whats out there and just goes for the likes of Megson, Reid and the others and a week later a load of quality managers become available.

This next decision must be the right one Milan!!

david o'leary appeals more to me. champions league with leeds and mid table both seasons at villa with no money to spend.

He hasn't done much in his career without money. He did well at Leeds but had crazy money to spend and at Villa he didn't impress. He also hasn't managed a side at this level and has never gained a promotion which is a big thing at this level. I wouldn't want him here.

he spent 100 million in four seasons at leeds. 25 million like every other manager does at big four clubs which leeds were at the time. repaid that with the 30m sale of ferdinand and regular europeon football. He never failed at leeds. Then moving on to aston villa he had nothing to spend in 2 seasons and finished mid table both times. I'd take him for sure, he's proved he's more then good enough.

he spent 100 million in four seasons at leeds. 25 million like every other manager does at big four clubs which leeds were at the time. repaid that with the 30m sale of ferdinand and regular europeon football. He never failed at leeds. Then moving on to aston villa he had nothing to spend in 2 seasons and finished mid table both times. I'd take him for sure, he's proved he's more then good enough.

Pure, and unadulterated bollocks, sorry.

'George Burley is poised to quit Southampton after growing tired of the internal politics tearing the club apart'.

This guy is a solid manager who has done well everywhere he has gone, im sure he has been linked before and i personally quite fancy him as manager.

What do people think?

'George Burley is poised to quit Southampton after growing tired of the internal politics tearing the club apart'.

This guy is a solid manager who has done well everywhere he has gone, im sure he has been linked before and i personally quite fancy him as manager.

What do people think?

Don't we already have a thread the same as this? :rolleyes:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=42054

personally i would take Burley or Jewell..

my problem is, will MM like managers with a strong will?

Its a real shame if he doesnt because either of those two will suite us right to the ground...

I really can see him going for Warnock... i think he regrets not going for warnock last time round, and he HAS said recently he will do whatever he can to get Leicester into the prem. That translated means " i will do whatever i want to do"

:(

Archived