Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Let's hear it for Burley

Some of the names that have been bandied about as our potential manager have frightened and depressed me.

This is the once proud Leicester City not some muckers from the footballing wilderness.

George Burley was mentioned as a popular candidate around the time of Levein's departure but Southampton got in first.

Seems now he might become available again so why not let Mandaric know that he should not only get the guy in but let him get on with the business of managing.

Burley's got loads of experience, good foreign contacts (as RicFlair says), works well with young players and commands repsect throughout the game.

This is an important time. We cannot afford another disaster. This will already be our fourth manager in under a year.

Let's send the message to Mandaric loud and clear.

Some of the names that have been bandied about as our potential manager have frightened and depressed me.

This is the once proud Leicester City not some muckers from the footballing wilderness.

George Burley was mentioned as a popular candidate around the time of Levein's departure but Southampton got in first.

Seems now he might become available again so why not let Mandaric know that he should not only get the guy in but let him get on with the business of managing.

Burley's got loads of experience, good foreign contacts (as RicFlair says), works well with young players and commands repsect throughout the game.

This is an important time. We cannot afford another disaster. This will already be our fourth manager in under a year.

Why the hell would Burley come to our circus if he doesn't like the internal politics at Southampton?

AGREEDI've always rated Burley. He just comes short of being a truelly first class manager, there are rumours of why that is. But i'll leave that out. He'd be perfect for us and is the sort of manager that Mandaric should be confident in letting them get on with managing the club their way, as long as it isn't to the detriment of the club (naming no names).

Why the hell would Burley come to our circus if he doesn't like the internal politics at Southampton?

Coin.

Let's send the message to Mandaric loud and clear.

It's a good shout, he's a good manager, and as you say has a very good knowledge of Eastern European players and has unearthed some jems. I'd take him but would he come?

Our circus is bigger, better, funnier (more clowns) and Mandarics ring is bigger.

This is meant to be a Burley support thread. If you don't want the guy I'm sure there are numerous opportunities to voice that opinion elsewhere.

Like you never go off topic :blink:

Burley is frustrated at selling all of his best players but I'm not so sure he'd swap that for being forced to buy players.

This is meant to be a Burley support thread. If you don't want the guy I'm sure there are numerous opportunities to voice that opinion elsewhere.

Says the man who talks sh it about Louis Dodds and Andy King in a thread about... oooh now it doesn't matter does it. Any thread is suitable for YOUR propaganda!

This is a thread about a potential new manager. I have voiced my opinion which I have every right to do.

If you've suddenly become so consciencious about the amount of different threads, why start a new one for this bullsh it?

This place has gone rapidly downhill.

Says the man who talks sh it about Louis Dodds and Andy King in a thread about... oooh now it doesn't matter does it. Any thread is suitable for YOUR propaganda!

This is a thread about a potential new manager. I have voiced my opinion which I have every right to do.

If you've suddenly become so consciencious about the amount of different threads, why start a new one for this bullsh it?

This place has gone rapidly downhill.

After the enlightenment about beer, I knew everything else would be a disappointment.

After the enlightenment about beer, I knew everything else would be a disappointment.

What's your problem though? Why make fuss of me stating my thoughts on which manager we should be going out hell for leather to appoint.

I don't think either Burley or Jewell would 'jump' at the chance to come here - but that's where we need MM to work a bit of magic....

At least Burley would have experience of the sort of players currently at the club.

I'm not sure he would be the best of the bunch we have to choose from but after allowing Martin Allen to assemble a squad it's vital we get a manager in who is prepared to work with what we have.

Any more chopping and changing will mean season over in September :cry:

I'd be happy with Burley.

So many names being bandied about are frankly terrifying from Warnock to Megson and most of the dross in between that Burley's name stands out. Think this might be Mandaric's plan to batter us into submission so we accept whoever we do end up with because we've all ended up fearing it could have been so much worse.

I'd be happy with Burley.

So many names being bandied about are frankly terrifying from Warnock to Megson and most of the dross in between that Burley's name stands out. Think this might be Mandaric's plan to batter us into submission so we accept whoever we do end up with because we've all ended up fearing it could have been so much worse.

How can it be Mandaric's plan?

He's in the States. The newspapers are to blame for all the speculation! It doesn't help that panicky clubs are issuing denials left right and centre, which in my opinion, only fans the flames.

Southampton's circus is very different to our circus though. They have huge division within their board room and Burley was forced to dismantle a good squad over the summer. I could definately understand why Burley would be frustrated at Southampton. If he came to Leicester he knows that he would have the support needed to do the job and thats what he doesn't have at Southampton.

I could also see Burley and Mandaric getting on better than Allen did. Southampton played the most entertaining football in the division last season and he has already proved himself to be a good quality manager. I think Mandaric took a risk on Allen because he did see raw potential but soon realised that Allen wasn't the right person to take charge of a club the size of Leicester City. Burley on the other hand has managed similar size clubs before, knows the division, has good contacts in europe etc. If we could get him I think he would undoubtedly be the best possible choice.

Archived