Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

Fifa 08

Who was it who added me earlier?

Just had the game of my life online - beating someone who was right up the rankings 3-0. Scored one after a quick shot was palmed out to my striker to hit into the empty net. The second was a perfect counter attack... defending a corner and then suddenly broke and had 4 on his two defenders so just passed it round them and rolled it past the keeper. Third after 70 minutes or so was another counter... this time a deep cross went over all his defenders to my striker who had enough time to bring it down on his chest and then smash it home!! Even better was that the guy had a headset so you could hear him groaning when things didnt go his way :D

Fifa 08 is definately, MUCH slower than 07. 07 was unrealistic though. Fifa 08, IMO falls in line with PES in some respects. Heading the balls better, The speed is better.

The only thing thats ticked me off today is:

- When in manager mode, the players are nackered after one match, meaning i had to swap a whole team every match.

- Through balls are shit. The defenders intercept all the time. :| And the through balls over the top are allllways too long, even if you tap it.

- Through balls are shit. The defenders intercept all the time. :| And the through balls over the top are allllways too long, even if you tap it.

If you time it spot on then the on the ground one is deadly! Use it to release a player running down the wing for best effect! ;)

And with the chipped through ball.... that can work a treat as a cross!

- When in manager mode, the players are nackered after one match, meaning i had to swap a whole team every match.

Yup. Hence why I very rarely play the manager mode on FIFA, it's absolutely bollocks. I suppose the solution is to not sprint much.

If you time it spot on then the on the ground one is deadly! Use it to release a player running down the wing for best effect! ;)

And with the chipped through ball.... that can work a treat as a cross!

I agree, it can be deadly, but not as much as it should ;)

I tend to do the double tap cross to cross it, 3 times and its hit low across the box :D

Who was it who added me earlier?

Just had the game of my life online - beating someone who was right up the rankings 3-0. Scored one after a quick shot was palmed out to my striker to hit into the empty net. The second was a perfect counter attack... defending a corner and then suddenly broke and had 4 on his two defenders so just passed it round them and rolled it past the keeper. Third after 70 minutes or so was another counter... this time a deep cross went over all his defenders to my striker who had enough time to bring it down on his chest and then smash it home!! Even better was that the guy had a headset so you could hear him groaning when things didnt go his way :D

I played some Spanish person then they quit cos i was winning 3-0 so i messaged them and they messaged me back in Spanish so now i cant understand what they are saying.

And i quit on some French girl cos she kept trying to injure all my players and cheated.

I played some Spanish person then they quit cos i was winning 3-0 so i messaged them and they messaged me back in Spanish so now i cant understand what they are saying.

And i quit on some French girl cos she kept trying to injure all my players and cheated.

I dont quit at all. The worst players are the ones that only have one attack and thats get as close to the touch line as possible and then just run and cross it in non-stop. If they always do it then its so easy to defend against and just gets annoying having to do the same thing over and over again. Im all for using the wings in the game but at least try different crosses or passing it through the centre.... Anything to make it a bit more interesting!!!!

What's occurring here then?

I'm online on the PS3 try and play an online game on Fifa and when I try and connect to the EA Servers a message appears saying "The EA Servers are not available at the time. Please try again later."

Anyone else having the same problem? Or is there some way to get it working?

What's occurring here then?

I'm online on the PS3 try and play an online game on Fifa and when I try and connect to the EA Servers a message appears saying "The EA Servers are not available at the time. Please try again later."

Anyone else having the same problem? Or is there some way to get it working?

same problem pal, doing my nut in!

Fancy a game when it's sorted

DJ LCFC is me (brother's account, and his initials)... No he isn't bigging it up thinking he is a dj :D

• 2 weeks later...

lol

Not gonna start a new thread because I think the liklyhood is very very low, but just been playing against some Man Utd fan (From Manchester :|) and we got talking about who I supported I obviously said Leicester he said "Fooking hell you've had a few managers down there" I said yeah I know, glad Megson's gone though he said "Yeah you've been lucky to get rid of him, can't believe how stupid Bolton have been" then I was going on about Allen was the man IMO and he was asking about what went on in that saga I was just telling him fall out with Milan then he said the rumour going round Old Trafford and that he'd heard was that Allen had slept with Mrs Mandaric. lol

As I said really don't think it deserves a new thread because I can't see it happening for 1 minute! But thought i'd post it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have it on PS2, but why are a few players always missing of it?

The main one i noticed from the Leicester team missing was Sheehan?

Why dont they add all the players..its quite annoying!!

Anybody else think the same?

• 1 month later...
I think LD3 will agree that this thread needs to be raised from the dead after events before the match at St Mary's :whistle:

:ph34r:

I'll maintain it was the closest 6-1 you'll ever see in your life. More possession, more chances, but in true Leicester style, I was unable to put the ball in the back of the net and got punished by the same Saints fan that accounted for lildave and yourself in the earlier rounds. willy puller! :angry:

I was suffering stage-fright as well. But at least I made it to the final. :cool:

It'll be at the Leicester - Hull game in 2 weeks' time, where I shall show my true colours and take home the crown. :thumbup::P

Archived