Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

Fifa 08

Well ive placed a pre-order for Pro Evo on that site but apparentley the price may change so im gonna have to keep checking to see if it goes up :S

Back on FIFA though, I'm on a run of 9 wins in a row online and am shooting up the rankings. My last three wins have been lucky though:

- 1-0 from a penalty in the 90th minute for a trip that looked like it was outside the box

- 5-4 on penalties (theres a place where its impossible to save them)

- 1-0 thanks to a 120th minute goal. My opponent had a slow connection so the game was really jerky and it was a nightmare trying to keep track of what was going on because one second the ball was there and it would jerk and suddenly you'd been tackled. :blink: Defended like a demon all game and then broke away to score with the last kick and only my third shot. Drogba had a shot that the keeper spilled to Wright Phillips who just rolled it in to the empty net :D

People who quit annoy me as well. I'd been in a really good game with someone - fairly even but I had battled to a 2-0 lead with 20 minutes to go and he just gave up. It was by no means over yet by quitting he was credited with a 3-0 defeat and his stats look worse because it added to his "Did Not Finish" percentage. :unsure:

Whats your gamertag you sound like a good challenge. Ive had a poor start online due to connection problems but if I play halo 3 before i go on fifa it seems to work better and dont lag me out. I lost 3 games yesterday due to loss of connection and i was the first goalscorer in each game

Whats your gamertag you sound like a good challenge. Ive had a poor start online due to connection problems but if I play halo 3 before i go on fifa it seems to work better and dont lag me out. I lost 3 games yesterday due to loss of connection and i was the first goalscorer in each game

Im a PS3 game so that challenege will have to wait till you upgrade to a better console! The trick for FIFA is just to not use the slide tackle at all - just do the standing tackle and don't rush in for tackles either. Close their players down and time the tackle right and you can launch a quick attack... if you're playing as Chelsea or Barca online then you play with two very attacking wingers so a chipped through ball out to the wing is usually effective and you have a bit of space to move into. :thumbup:

Anyone else found that they miss no end of open goals in this game though? Im prone to missing at least one sitter a game with the goal at my mercy :dunno:

The price won't go up - will only go down.

Shopto delivered pes6 on the wednesday, despite release date being friday :)

Very good customer service as well.

Here is the pc pes2008 demo link - be warned though, 1.1gb download, and unless you have a half decent pc, don't bother trying.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_21146.shtml

Im confused I thought PES 6 was out last year, and that PES 2008 was coming out on the 25th :unsure:

EDIT: aaahh I get you

Finally got my modem working on my PS3

It's hard online! :|

Played about 5, Lost 3, Won 2.

How do you invite your friends into games? When I first got online my mate saw I was online and played a game against me (Man Utd v Leicester) I was doing well and he only won because I gave peno away :@

But I don't know how you invite your mates into a game, can't find a way of doing it.

I might be on again later - IF it lets us connect up this time!

My unbeaten run has gone :cry: blew a 2-0 lead and lost 3-2.

I'll give a trial game to see if it works later

Finally got my modem working on my PS3

It's hard online! :|

Played about 5, Lost 3, Won 2.

How do you invite your friends into games? When I first got online my mate saw I was online and played a game against me (Man Utd v Leicester) I was doing well and he only won because I gave peno away :@

But I don't know how you invite your mates into a game, can't find a way of doing it.

Find out which lounge they're in, go into it, highlight their name... press x.... "invite to game" :)

PM me your PSN ID if you fancy a game at some point

Just a silly 'online' question; but can you only play against people with the same console? I.e. could and XBox360 player have a game against a PS3 player??

If not, why not!!!?

Just a silly 'online' question; but can you only play against people with the same console? I.e. could and XBox360 player have a game against a PS3 player??

If not, why not!!!?

No you cant. Mainly cos the connections are different

Find out which lounge they're in, go into it, highlight their name... press x.... "invite to game" :)

PM me your PSN ID if you fancy a game at some point

Yeah done it now. But on other games (Well the other 2 games I have, Motorstorm and Need For Speed) you can press something in the game and there names will come up if there online and you can play against them that way instead of find out what lounge there in e.t.c.

My PSN ID is - Hutch1987

(Thats goes for anyone who want to add me)

Yeah done it now. But on other games (Well the other 2 games I have, Motorstorm and Need For Speed) you can press something in the game and there names will come up if there online and you can play against them that way instead of find out what lounge there in e.t.c.

My PSN ID is - Hutch1987

(Thats goes for anyone who want to add me)

From what I gather its just one of those problems with EA sports games but you so long as you're always in the same lounge then you can find each other easily enough (My country is the usual one of choice).

If you go on "online leaderboard" (or something similar) you can change it to see how your friends are doing but sadly thats about as good as it gets apart from a little message on the news bar if a friend signs onto the EA server.

Archived