Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

On 20/12/2018 at 18:18, simFox said:

He said I stumbled with the bike and COULD have dropped it, so in his view I was out of control. I thought it was a bit harsh like. He started with some schoolboy lecture so I just stopped him there and told him to write it up. 

Nightmare. I wonder if they have pass/fail targets like the car examiners obviously do.

My mate bought one of these in the summer. MV Agusta shipped over from Italy. It's his second one actually (the Brutale was his first one) and is a bit like the one Lewis Hamilton has. Definitely a mid-life crisis! Nice bike though, and loud as fvck. 

IMG-20180630-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180623-WA0001.jpg

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

Only just seen this thread... I bought this back in August. After riding sports bikes and crossers for years I had to have shoulder surgery. Couldn’t ride without pain so went for a more upright position and so far so good. 

This photo was the day of delivery, I’ve changed the looks somewhat now.

FAF08A5B-2C7F-4F80-9A16-1F312FF7220B.jpeg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Only just seen this thread... I bought this back in August. After riding sports bikes and crossers for years I had to have shoulder surgery. Couldn’t ride without pain so went for a more upright position and so far so good. 

This photo was the day of delivery, I’ve changed the looks somewhat now.

FAF08A5B-2C7F-4F80-9A16-1F312FF7220B.jpeg

Very nice ...   bet there’s some great roads where you are ...  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest seanfox778

I passed my Mod 1 re-test this morning. Got my Mod 2 on 7th Feb. Can't wait till it's over and can finally start looking for bikes. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest seanfox778

Passed it with 5 minors yesterday. Thought I failed after 5 mins and about 2 mins before the test centre a van was doing an 8 point turn on a narrow road and some arse tried to overtake myself and the instructor as I was moving off which I thought I failed for as well. He said I should have let the car pass but I was lucky as he appeared to give up and pull in quickly. So happy all the worries of doing tests has gone again. Free to ride any bike now, just need to gather some money together.

On 08/02/2019 at 22:29, seanfox778 said:

Passed it with 5 minors yesterday. Thought I failed after 5 mins and about 2 mins before the test centre a van was doing an 8 point turn on a narrow road and some arse tried to overtake myself and the instructor as I was moving off which I thought I failed for as well. He said I should have let the car pass but I was lucky as he appeared to give up and pull in quickly. So happy all the worries of doing tests has gone again. Free to ride any bike now, just need to gather some money together.

:chant:

• 3 weeks later...

Got my first 'big' bike on Friday - it's a Suzuki GSX-650F.

It's bloody brilliant. The engine is as smooth as silk and it loves to rev. It's - for me - the perfect balance between sport and comfort/practicality. 

Took it out for a little ride on Friday, but was hoping to get out on this weekend. Tomorrow is going to be horrible according to the forecast.

The bike came with a nice Scorpion can. It's still got the baffle in, which I'm going to remove tomorrow for added obnoxiousness.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Got my first 'big' bike on Friday - it's a Suzuki GSX-650F.

It's bloody brilliant. The engine is as smooth as silk and it loves to rev. It's - for me - the perfect balance between sport and comfort/practicality. 

Took it out for a little ride on Friday, but was hoping to get out on this weekend. Tomorrow is going to be horrible according to the forecast.

The bike came with a nice Scorpion can. It's still got the baffle in, which I'm going to remove tomorrow for added obnoxiousness.

Friend of mine had a Scorpion race can on a Stage 4 tuned 1200 Bandit - rasping.  Not only will this sound sweet with the baffles removed but you can ride defensively - makes a huge difference. It'll pop and bang nicely on the overrun too. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Friend of mine had a Scorpion race can on a Stage 4 tuned 1200 Bandit - rasping.  Not only will this sound sweet with the baffles removed but you can ride defensively - makes a huge difference. It'll pop and bang nicely on the overrun too. 

I do love a good overrun pop.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hmmm ...  very interesting ...   sort of thing I might be interested in ...   my days of flying around like complete tw@t on a Fireblade are well and truly over ...   something to mull over during lockdown ...    

E1A59339-92BA-46A1-AD15-00D8CC0187C7.jpeg

4k will get you into a street triple I'd have thought. Great sound, sit up and beg and you can cruise about on it without getting sore wrists. Problem I find with sports bikes is you always feel the need to go fast!

Screenshot_20190523-072804__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190523-072354__01__01.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

So...i've got about 4000 to spend on a bike...allways liked the R6,but if i got one wouldn't go over 80 mph.Any suggestions?

Paul 4K will buy you just about anything.

From a blackbird to a burgman (sorry @Col city fan)

What do your want it for?

Thanks for the replys.As i'm the wrong side of 50 it will be for taking out at the weekends and just generally enjoying.I passed my full test 30 odd years ago and have only had a GPZ500 that you could describe as a biggish bike(loads of 125's for getting to work )before i passed my driving test.Then kid's got in the way!Forgot about the Speed Triple(Tomb Raider)....is that what it's still called?You can see i've been out of the loop for a long time,looking on ebay and the street triple looks good.Iwould love an R6,But practically, age,bad back and riding a pillion would probably rule that out!

Edited by PAULCFC