Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think he might actually be one of my top five favourite sportsmen in the world. 

I think the fact its tennis makes him so brilliant. Like, it's Wimbledon, one of the stuffiest, most pompous sporting events in the world and you've got this chav Aussie shrugging admitting he smashed the ball straight at Nadal lol

I really wanted him to win. The difference between Kyrgios and Fury though is that, to his credit, Fury is all an act for the camera but once he's in that ring he's as much a professional athlete as Ronaldo, Bolt, Brady, LeBron, whoever.

He's not flustered, even when he's acting the clown and showboating it's deliberate, it has purpose, he knows what he's doing, he keeps in the fight. 

Kyrgios will never be that level of sportsman. He can't separate himself from the pantomime, it's not an act he's just genuinely a bit off balance. He's Rooney aged 20.

Great post mate, the fury comparison was more because Tyson is a non conformist maverick who goes against the established order of the sport. But your right deep down tyson is an incredible athlete and a nice bloke. Kyrgios is just an out and out ****. But I love him for it. 

As soon as his opponent looks like they're getting some momentum Nadal goes through that same old routine of slowing the game down, breaking the momentum. The way he picks a ball, examines it as if he's never seen one before, bounces it several times then throws it away and repeats with another, like teams who do all they can to keep the football out of play, I can't have any respect for him if that's how he wins but it's down to the umpires to do their bit and issue the correct warnings etc. He's done very well to be back at this level after his injury years but I just find his games torturous to watch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Great post mate, the fury comparison was more because Tyson is a non conformist maverick who goes against the established order of the sport. But your right deep down tyson is an incredible athlete and a nice bloke. Kyrgios is just an out and out ****. But I love him for it. 

I like how you didn't know how to spell Kyrgios so you've copy and pasted it and it's messed with the formatting of your post lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

As soon as his opponent looks like they're getting some momentum Nadal goes through that same old routine of slowing the game down, breaking the momentum. The way he picks a ball, examines it as if he's never seen one before, bounces it several times then throws it away and repeats with another, like teams who do all they can to keep the football out of play, I can't have any respect for him if that's how he wins but it's down to the umpires to do their bit and issue the correct warnings etc. He's done very well to be back at this level after his injury years but I just find his games torturous to watch.

The umpires do do their bit. He's been given warnings in matches before and yes he takes a long time but most of those times are within the rules. 

I'd rather have that as opposed to a player (Kyrgios) who admits he intentionally wanted to hit Nadal with the ball. Carrying on with the football analogies, to me that's like targeting a player and cynically fouling him just because you hate him. 

Regardless of yesterday's match anyway, Kyrgios just seems like a really arrogant and obnoxious attention-seeking cvnt. One of those players where the talent is there but decides to let his immaturity take over. Nadal said after that if he (Kyrgios) puts his mind to his game, he could be a Grand Slam winner and win tournaments. 

Tonic got fined for not giving a shit in his match - will Kyrgios get anything for calling umpires a disgrace and intentionally aiming for Rafa? 

Kyrgios is a throwback, I fcukin love him. I respect model professionals who get to the top through dedication and a mentality that is machine like. However, that's about as saucy as eating a sausage roll with a knife and fork. This maverick won't be tamed, he has a horrendous attitude but he is box office and I still think he'll win a grand slam when he finds the right medium between his natural flair, fearlessness but then staying focused enough to overcome the pressure or annoyances that he faces.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kyrgios is a throwback, I fcukin love him. I respect model professionals who get to the top through dedication and a mentality that is machine like. However, that's about as saucy as eating a sausage roll with a knife and fork. This maverick won't be tamed, he has a horrendous attitude but he is box office and I still think he'll win a grand slam when he finds the right medium between his natural flair, fearlessness but then staying focused enough to overcome the pressure or annoyances that he faces.

Spot on. 

The last half an hour yesterday was the major difference between the two. Rafa just slowed it all down, stayed calm and waited for Kyrgios to implode. 

The last few games before the tie break you could see Kyrgios head going and as soon as he lost the first point of the break you could almost see his defence mechanisms kicking in, could almost watch him tell himself he wasn't going to win this one and he didn't give a shit. 

He's got to find a bit more willingness to focus and roll up his sleeves if he wants to go that final step. 

Ludicrously fun to watch though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Spot on. 

The last half an hour yesterday was the major difference between the two. Rafa just slowed it all down, stayed calm and waited for Kyrgios to implode. 

The last few games before the tie break you could see Kyrgios head going and as soon as he lost the first point of the break you could almost see his defence mechanisms kicking in, could almost watch him tell himself he wasn't going to win this one and he didn't give a shit. 

He's got to find a bit more willingness to focus and roll up his sleeves if he wants to go that final step. 

Ludicrously fun to watch though. 

There will be a coach out there at some point that is a perfect fit for him and he will kick on.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

The umpires do do their bit. He's been given warnings in matches before and yes he takes a long time but most of those times are within the rules. 

I'd rather have that as opposed to a player (Kyrgios) who admits he intentionally wanted to hit Nadal with the ball. Carrying on with the football analogies, to me that's like targeting a player and cynically fouling him just because you hate him. 

Regardless of yesterday's match anyway, Kyrgios just seems like a really arrogant and obnoxious attention-seeking cvnt. One of those players where the talent is there but decides to let his immaturity take over. Nadal said after that if he (Kyrgios) puts his mind to his game, he could be a Grand Slam winner and win tournaments. 

Tonic got fined for not giving a shit in his match - will Kyrgios get anything for calling umpires a disgrace and intentionally aiming for Rafa? 

It's considered by most to be a bit unethical (much like his under arm serving) thing to do but perfectly legal so no nothing like cynically fouling and he wont be getting fined for that. The rant at the umpires worth a few grand I would of thought though.

Obnoxious must definitely but I don't know how anyone can not enjoy watching Kryrios he's like an episode of East Enders within a tennis match, great entertainment. Seen much more entertaining fallout's than yesterday the one he had with Warwinka was laugh out loud funny and  shocking cringe worthy at the same time.

• Like 1