Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

We like an underdog.

I get that. But if he's a tw@t, like Kyrgios, then I don't.

But I was more referring to the support for him, after the match. I mean, if Nadal had purposely smashed the ball into Nick, can you really imagine his critics suddenly liking him?! They'd slaughter him for it.

Edited by Kendal Fox

3 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

But I was more referring to the support for him, after the match. I mean, if Nadal had purposely smashed the ball into Nick, can you really imagine his critics suddenly liking him?! They'd slaughter him for it.

The support was more for the fact that he was right about everything he moaned about, even if he did go a little ott.

11 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The support was more for the fact that he was right about everything he moaned about, even if he did go a little ott.

And people love controversy. We're still talking Kyrgios a few days later, we're talking McEnroe 30 years later. Its entertaining, we love it.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I'm sorry to be the fly in the ointment, but he wasn't right about everything he moaned about. Nadal was allowed a toilet break, exercised that right after winning the 1st set, and then lost the 2nd set. So he didn't gain any advantage there. He also didn't go over the time limit between serves.

His holding up play was no worse than Nick bitching, some of which was done to wind up Nadal. Obviously they have a history too, although more engineered by Kyrgios, so there was a lot of tit for tat which has to be taken into account instead of just using it to bash one person.

Just a question to ask, imagine if Nadal purposely smashed a ball into Kyrgios' body or head? I can't believe those siding with Nick would be ok with that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Have I missed something here, are there a load of people who disliked Nick Kyrigos before he smashed a tennis ball at Rafa Nadal who now think he’s great.

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Have I missed something here, are there a load of people who disliked Nick Kyrigos before he smashed a tennis ball at Rafa Nadal who now think he’s great.

Seeing as it's Nadal we're talking about, yes there are loads...

3 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I'm sorry to be the fly in the ointment, but he wasn't right about everything he moaned about. Nadal was allowed a toilet break, exercised that right after winning the 1st set, and then lost the 2nd set. So he didn't gain any advantage there. He also didn't go over the time limit between serves.

His holding up play was no worse than Nick bitching, some of which was done to wind up Nadal. Obviously they have a history too, although more engineered by Kyrgios, so there was a lot of tit for tat which has to be taken into account instead of just using it to bash one person.

Just a question to ask, imagine if Nadal purposely smashed a ball into Kyrgios' body or head? I can't believe those siding with Nick would be ok with that.

It wasn't about going over the ****ing time limit! How many times!!!!!!!! He was stopping Kyrgios serving, slowing him down, asking him to wait for him, when Kyrgios serving. Nothing to do with time limits!!! That was never complained about.

I'll be honest I stopped reading you post at that point as you clearly have no idea what happened and what Kyrgios was complaining about.

Just now, kingfox said:

More arguing in the tennis thread, what is this 2013? Seems I'm the only one who's matured since then.

Now let's all relax and watch Dan Evans bottle his match :thumbup:

Disagreeing is not arguing. 

But if Kendalfox mentions time limits one more time I'm gonna Smash a tennis ball at him Kyrgios style ?

Just now, Facecloth said:

Disagreeing is not arguing. 

But if Kendalfox mentions time limits one more time I'm gonna Smash a tennis ball at him Kyrgios style ?

You went old school and used the F word, now you're threatening him with a tennis ball.

You are the Nick Kyrgios of Foxestalk.

You deserve a permanent ban from the Tennis thread.

Just now, kingfox said:

You went old school and used the F word, now you're threatening him with a tennis ball.

You are the Nick Kyrgios of Foxestalk.

You deserve a permanent ban from the Tennis thread.

Nothing wrong with using ****ing. It gets blanked out anyway.

But seriously how many times has he said Nadal didn't go over the time limit? Nobody accused him of doing that. It wasn't what Kyrgios complained about. His main gripes where Nadal slowing Kyrgios' serve and the umpire giving a point to Nadal after a shot was called out when it was in and it effected his return and the point should have been replayed.

Nothing wrong with using ****ing. It gets blanked out anyway.

But seriously how many times has he said Nadal didn't go over the time limit? Nobody accused him of doing that. It wasn't what Kyrgios complained about. His main gripes where Nadal slowing Kyrgios' serve and the umpire giving a point to Nadal after a shot was called out when it was in and it effected his return and the point should have been replayed.

Relax mate, go smash a tennis ball against a wall for an hour lol 

Or write Kendal Fox on a piece of paper and throw some Darts at it.

Just now, kingfox said:

Relax mate, go smash a tennis ball against a wall for an hour lol 

Or write Kendal Fox on a piece of paper and throw some Darts at it.

You misread my post as being worked up. You need to get it through your head that a forum is for discussion and putting you point of view across, which is all I'm doing. Just because I swore and I won't back down at times, doesn't mean I'm sat here with steam coming out my ears.

You misread my post as being worked up. You need to get it through your head that a forum is for discussion and putting you point of view across, which is all I'm doing. Just because I swore and I won't back down at times, doesn't mean I'm sat here with steam coming out my ears.

IMG_1370.GIF.1cc8fdec2d93c7141f18fac7ff9a5ae9.GIF

• Haha 1