Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Murray back with a win playing alongside Lopez - maybe he will target that more than the singles .

Slightly less strain and stress ?

Depends how he feels I imagine  he'd prefer to get back to some sort of level on the main ATP tour eventually if possible, may not be though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'd ban him for life the disrespectful little scrote.

Nick Kyrgios accuses line judge of 'rigging game' at Queen's

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/48710663

This guy has been getting on my fvcking nerves this year.

Lazy body language, his water bottle flips, his underarm serving and his random rants, week by week he becomes a bigger cvnt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Depends how he feels I imagine  he'd prefer to get back to some sort of level on the main ATP tour eventually if possible, may not be though.

Thing is will he want to be an "also ram" picking up the odd title but not really contending where he once was or just accept his top form won't be so good...

Murray seems pretty at ease with himself right now - looks like he's happy just to be playing pain-free again.

Perhaps the competitive streak will push him in a different direction in a few months or a year but for now it seems like he's happy enough where he is, and perhaps he can rack up a few doubles titles.

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

Pathetic.

Surely the worst attention-seeking in the tennis circuit? He's not even that good.

Am I the only one who just finds it funny. I mean what professional athelete stays up till 3am playing fifa lol sounds like the kind of thing I’d do.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Splendid comeback title for Murray at Queens, even if it is "only" doubles.

Feli Lopez must love Queens too - dubs and singles title in one sitting at the age of 37.

He looked on it all week Lopez, got to be eyeing up a decent run at Wimbledon

Not many names in the hat at Eastborne. Edmunds seeded 3. 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He looked on it all week Lopez, got to be eyeing up a decent run at Wimbledon

Not many names in the hat at Eastborne. Edmunds seeded 3. 

Tbf it's more a women tournament in Eastbourne, the men have only been going a few years, and it's never a great field. Think Djokovic won it the other year on his return from injury, but he's by far the biggest name to bother with it.

As fascinating as this may be, it's absolutely mad when you look at the list of GS champions since 2004 and just how dominated over such a sustained period of time it's been by the "big three"

image.png.45b39261876b00893759023140b2b5d8.png

Only 2014 and 2016 where they didn't win at least three of the four GS between them. Is this amazing, or is it a damning indictment on the sport? Would love to know what people who watch tennis much closer than I do think.

On 24/06/2019 at 12:11, Facecloth said:

Tbf it's more a women tournament in Eastbourne, the men have only been going a few years, and it's never a great field. Think Djokovic won it the other year on his return from injury, but he's by far the biggest name to bother with it.

Well yeah it’s a 250, still though considering that it seems a bit lacking in quality. Don’t think anyone in top 20 has bothered 

So then the Wimbledon draws...

Top half of the Men's looks very boring. Bottom half looks a lot more interesting especially Nadal's section which consists of Cilic, Tsonga, Kyrgios and Foxestalk favourite Dan Evans.

Women's draw is absolutely brutal especially the first quarter which consists of Barty, Muguruza, Vekic, Bencic, Serena, Goerges and Kerber lol 

Second quarter is wide open for Bertens and Konta. Kvitova in there too but I doubt she'll be 100%.

Fourth quarter could get messy, Halep, Keys, Venus, Sabalenka, Wozniacki, Garcia, Kenin and Osaka all in that part. Some interesting first round matches in that quarter too, Osaka vs Putintseva(Putintseva knocked Osaka out of Birmingham), Yastremska vs Giorgi and Venus vs 15 year old American Coco Gauff.

Men's I'll go with Djokovic vs Federer final.

Women's very hard to predict but the way the draws gone I'll have to favour Bertens and Pliskova.

54 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Heather Watson still in the worlds top 150, Ive barely seen her win a match in about the last 3 years

She made quarter finals at Wimbledon a few years back didn't she?

Scratch that, 3rd round two years ago.

Edited by Facecloth

Same old Heather Watson. I'm sorry but if you need the crowd and some gamesmanship to avoid losing the 1st set to a 17 year old, ranked 100 places beneath you, then take an eternity to finish her off, you're not going to get further than the 2nd round.

I'm sure she's not a bad person, but it's the sycophantic guff spouted by the commentators about her that gets me. Just so out of proportion with what she's achieved.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Heather Watson is a shadow of the player she was and that player wasn't particularly world beating in the first place.

Nole a break down already lol tbf Phillip wouldn't  of been top of my list of potential first round opponents if I were him, handy on grass sometimes.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Heather Watson is a shadow of the player she was and that player wasn't particularly world beating in the first place.

Nole a break down already lol tbf Phillip wouldn't  of been top of my list of potential first round opponents if I were him, handy on grass sometimes.

Well, you never know, Kohlschreiber could be Novak's Steve Darcis, or Dustin!

Edited by Kendal Fox