Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It wasn't about going over the ****ing time limit! How many times!!!!!!!! He was stopping Kyrgios serving, slowing him down, asking him to wait for him, when Kyrgios serving. Nothing to do with time limits!!! That was never complained about.

I'll be honest I stopped reading you post at that point as you clearly have no idea what happened and what Kyrgios was complaining about.

I'm directing those comments at Kyrgios himself, not you. I'm pretty sure I heard him complaining to the umpire about how long Nadal was taking RE the comfort break and on several occasions he was inferring that Nadal was bordering on the limit.

And as for holding up play, I acknowledged that Nadal was guilty of gamesmanship but that I don't have much sympathy for Kyrgios in this particular instance because he was being a pr!ck. That is not invalidating what you are saying at all.

Edited by Kendal Fox

6 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

I'm directing those comments at Kyrgios himself, not you. I'm pretty sure I heard him complaining to the umpire about how long Nadal was taking RE the comfort break and on several occasions he was inferring that Nadal was bordering on the limit.

And as for holding up play, I acknowledged that Nadal was guilty of gamesmanship but that I don't have much sympathy for Kyrgios in this particular instance because he was being a pr!ck. That is not invalidating what you are saying at all.

Nope Krygios didn't complain about the bathroom break. He was complaining during the break about Nadal holding him up, but not about him going to the bathroom.

We all know Kyrgios can be a twat. I actually think the umpire fueled the fire though. We all know how he can get when he's on one, and I think the umpire was officiating the man not the match. He should have just shut him down and either told him his complaint was noted and he'd keep an eye on it, or that it wasn't how he saw it. Instead he said "I tell him when I want to" pretty much admitting he knew Nadal was doing wrong but didn't want to do anything about it. Well that just pushed all Kyrgios' button and escalated thr situation. Its nobody else fault but Krygios' that he's a petulant twat, but people like him can be handled, and I thought the umpire did a poor job.

is it just me or are the bbc showing a lot more of the women’s comp this year than normal? think i’ve only watched about 2 men’s matches on bbc1 or bbc2, but i’ve seen every shot of serena, konta, kerber, gauff and about half the women’s draw. 

23 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

is it just me or are the bbc showing a lot more of the women’s comp this year than normal? think i’ve only watched about 2 men’s matches on bbc1 or bbc2, but i’ve seen every shot of serena, konta, kerber, gauff and about half the women’s draw. 

the red button service sucks too. well it does on my tv, slow as shit and crap quality.

Shame Ash lost :( 

Riske is a GOAT on grass though, now she's finally having a good run at Wimbledon. She's been excellent all tournament, great fighter, wins over Vekic, Bencic now Barty, decent!

On 07/07/2019 at 08:31, Facecloth said:

Nope Krygios didn't complain about the bathroom break. He was complaining during the break about Nadal holding him up, but not about him going to the bathroom.

We all know Kyrgios can be a twat. I actually think the umpire fueled the fire though. We all know how he can get when he's on one, and I think the umpire was officiating the man not the match. He should have just shut him down and either told him his complaint was noted and he'd keep an eye on it, or that it wasn't how he saw it. Instead he said "I tell him when I want to" pretty much admitting he knew Nadal was doing wrong but didn't want to do anything about it. Well that just pushed all Kyrgios' button and escalated thr situation. Its nobody else fault but Krygios' that he's a petulant twat, but people like him can be handled, and I thought the umpire did a poor job.

Sorry, but he did complain about the comfort break, which Nadal was perfectly entitled to - "I'm serving next and he happens to take a toilet break now. Why? "What's going on bro? What's going on? It's bulls***."

Also the time he was taking between serves - "He takes 40 seconds between every serve, is that within reason?" Even though Nadal did not go over the maximum 25 seconds!!!!?? Kyrgios completely embellished that to try and get his point across and clearly to try and rile up Nadal.

Again, that is not to dismiss your perspective on Nadal employing gamesmanship. But in these instances Kygrios referred to, he was unfairly criticised and acted within the rules.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1

Whilst we're at it, Konta is taking an incredible amount of time between serves against Kvitova. Also, stopped several times and reset herself before resuming serve, definitely a way of circumventing the time limit. And needs to be pointed out in the interests of balance.

Edited by Kendal Fox

7 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Whilst we're at it, Konta is taking an incredible amount of time between serves against Kvitova. Also, stopped several times and reset herself before resuming serve, definitely a way of circumventing the time limit. And needs to be pointed out in the interests of balance.

@Facecloth likes talking about time limits :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Sorry, but he did complain about the comfort break, which Nadal was perfectly entitled to - "I'm serving next and he happens to take a toilet break now. Why? "What's going on bro? What's going on? It's bulls***."

Also the time he was taking between serves - "He takes 40 seconds between every serve, is that within reason?" Even though Nadal did not go over the maximum 25 seconds!!!!?? Kyrgios completely embellished that to try and get his point across and clearly to try and rile up Nadal.

Again, that is not to dismiss your perspective on Nadal employing gamesmanship. But in these instances Kygrios referred to, he was unfairly criticised and acted within the rules.

I don't recall those comments, do you have a recording? 

Anyway say he did, I don't think he was actually bothered by Nadal going toilet, he was just wound up, because as I said before the ref dealt with it so poorly.

Anyway if we're going to comment on people moaning needlessly, how long did Nadal go on about the seedlings? It's different at Wimbledon, it always is. Everyone know it is before entering, it's done by formula not someone's opinion. Shut the **** up and get on with it.

EDIT. Sorry for short reply, I'm in a rush tonight. And we'll never agree. I'm looking at this unbiased because I don't particularly like either player. You're clearly a huge Nadal fan and won't have a bad word said against him.

Edited by Facecloth

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I don't recall those comments, do you have a recording? 

Anyway say he did, I don't think he was actually bothered by Nadal going toilet, he was just wound up, because as I said before the ref dealt with it so poorly.

Anyway if we're going to comment on people moaning needlessly, how long did Nadal go on about the seedlings? It's different at Wimbledon, it always is. Everyone know it is before entering, it's done by formula not someone's opinion. Shut the **** up and get on with it.

Well, if you have access, you can download day 4 at Wimbledon if you have the SKY+ Box.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Therefore they're both moaning twats, but at least Kyrgios had a point lol

To be fair, Kyrgios was wound up from day one, or appeared so. He's the kind of player that was probably so wound up with adrenaline before the game started that anything would have set him off. As in before the ref dealt with anything. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

To be fair, Kyrgios was wound up from day one, or appeared so. He's the kind of player that was probably so wound up with adrenaline before the game started that anything would have set him off. As in before the ref dealt with anything

Or didn't. I felt he pushed his buttons. Pretty much admitted he'd spotted Nadal doing wrong but didn't want to do anything. Why not just try and calm him down? Its the best way to deal with someone like Kyrgios. Not say something that will piss him off even more.

6 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Well, if you have access, you can download day 4 at Wimbledon if you have the SKY+ Box.

Nope, I don't have sky. But I'm not sitting through a three hour match anyway to find the arguments lol

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Or didn't. I felt he pushed his buttons. Pretty much admitted he'd spotted Nadal doing wrong but didn't want to do anything. Why not just try and calm him down? Its the best way to deal with someone like Kyrgios. Not say something that will piss him off even more.

What exactly did Nadal do wrong, in terms of laws of tennis?

Not in terms of what's annoying (subjectively so) but in terms of breaking the rules?

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What exactly did Nadal do wrong, in terms of laws of tennis?

Not in terms of what's annoying (subjectively so) but in terms of breaking the rules?

He was holding up Krygios' serve, asking him to wait. The receiver should play to the speed of the server, not ask them to wait. If Nadal wants to piss about before his serve, as long as he's got the balls in hand ready to go, he can do. Same as when Djokovic bounces the ball 40 times, its annoying but fine, but it's not to keep asking the server to wait for you. I dare say Nadal was doing it to wind up Kyrgios and thr umpire was too scared to reprimand a superstar.