Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That's what you've already been told though right? All of that transcript is in relation to the interrupted serve, as Facecloth has pointed out. These are not isolated bits of moaning about Nadal, he has actually put up with everything he was moaning about until the point Nadal interrupted his service at which point he had had enough and wanted to know why Nadal was able to do what he wanted, so he has a point. He definitely had a point when he called the umpire no one and a joke even if those comments were going too far as the umpires decision was blatantly wrong.

It's not just about the interrupted serve if you read the whole thing. And like I said, you can download the whole match. Kyrgios also spoke in general when he complained about the length of time Nadal took between serves when he said "He takes 40 seconds between serves..." and he was wrong as Nadal did not go over the time limit. That's what I was pointing out where Kyrgios was at fault.

Let's agree to disagree. Some people hate Nadal yet I'm sure don't like it when someobody voices hatred of a player that they like. I could care less about Nadal, I don't know the guy. But at the same time, Kyrgios has not won a slam and probably will be lucky to win one or two before he retires. So he just looks like a fool when he doesn't back up his smack talk. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

33 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

According to Chris Evert and Sue Barker, Konta only lost because Strycova wasn't on her level and Jo only plays well when the level of her opponent is equal or above her! No credit to Barbora at all!

I think she lost because she had other things on her mind...

20190709_182913.thumb.jpg.b82fdce3754a7642b578f0f44f185286.jpg

48 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

It's not just about the interrupted serve if you read the whole thing. And like I said, you can download the whole match. Kyrgios also spoke in general when he complained about the length of time Nadal took between serves when he said "He takes 40 seconds between serves..." and he was wrong as Nadal did not go over the time limit. That's what I was pointing out where Kyrgios was at fault.

Let's agree to disagree. Some people hate Nadal yet I'm sure don't like it when someobody voices hatred of a player that they like. I could care less about Nadal, I don't know the guy. But at the same time, Kyrgios has not won a slam and probably will be lucky to win one or two before he retires. So he just looks like a fool when he doesn't back up his smack talk. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

I think the problems is you are not getting the context of pretty much anything he is saying but you are right the match was about a week ago now so pointless discussion. 

19 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

konta lost her head it that interview haha 

I'm amazed more don't... asking her if she wants to win a grand slam in the future?  I'd be like nah grand slams are overrated….so many stupid questions, it makes you wonder how easy it must be to become a journalist these days.

2 minutes ago, smitha said:

Good job it wasn't our Nige, could have been ostrich gate all over againlol

If Nige had got to quarter finals of the ladies Wimbledon championship I'm sure they'd be plenty of other questions ask lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Interesting poem. I prefer it when they rhyme though :P

But writing haikus

That rhyme makes the words to use

Really hard to choose

Missing the tie-break?

As I take the DLR

Will be annoying

(Note that DLR

Means the Docklands Light Railway