Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

A different perspective

Yeah that's cool.

But do you not think its a little strange, that the player he wants to make all his attacking moves through won't get a starting position?

Think Gradel will be given a chance against Brum or Palace on the left to see how he does.

I haven't made it to any of the pre-season games yet, so i'm not to sure of the way we've been playing.

Heard a lot of promising comments here.

But a question for you all.

Everyone keeps saying he wanted to play the game through Gradel. Constantly looking to use him as an outlet, but numerous people have now suggested he will start with Adams + Dyer on the wings for MK Dons.

Now if hes been using Gradel as his target for most of the games, is there any reason why people can't see Gradel starting the opening game.

Doesn't seem to fit together for me, to use him as the main target, but then not start him for the opening league game.

Thoughts?

Pearson has some enviable choices to make among the attackers but he does seem to be fostering a team spirit and with any luck, a part of his being a decent coach will be the ability to keep everyone in the squad occupied and feeling that they are part of what's going on which was rarely the case last season.

It's good to hear that Pearson's encouraging players to take people on because players need to have confidence to do that and they won't persist if they think the manager will lambasts them or drop them if things don't always work out.

Wingers will always risk losing the ball in good situations if they go at people but it is what happens when they do make a breakthrough and how often they can do it which will do much to determine how successful we are.

Some wingers will back off and go all negative if they're outrun, outmuscled or kicked but the really dangerous ones don't let it bother em. They keep trying everything they know and, if Pearson keeps encouraging them, they should all enjoy playing for him.

Right now looking towards opening day team selection, I'd be very interested to see how Adams on the right and Gradel on the left worked in forthcoming friendlies but what matters far more to me is that I don't get the impression that Pearson's going to play unbalanced teams or with people out of position. Nor do I think he's inclined to pick eight defenders at a time.

In other words I think he's trying to build us a proper team full of people who have the individual strengths which collectively go towards making a successful team.

He seems to want people to be themselves and to make their individual contributions while accepting responsibilities when we've lost the ball instead of simply directing people to function like blinkered zombies who never take risks. In short he's putting some talent into the team, people we can take some pride in.

And it isn't just Gradel.

Adams, Dyer, Ashley Chambers are all potentially exciting players not to forget the returning Porter and, hopefully, a fit and revitalised Campbell.

How it will all eventually work out I don't know but I'm prepared to say this with confidence. We'll score a lot more than the 42 measly goals we got last season in the League. And that should at least give us a chance of success.

Shit, we should give Fez his own subforum whenever he starts a thread.

Really good to hear something from that point of view. I suddenly trust Pearson more than I did. He sounds more tactically aware and in control than Holloway ever was already.

Yeah that's cool.

But do you not think its a little strange, that the player he wants to make all his attacking moves through won't get a starting position?

I think it's just a way of developing Gradel - it was the second half of a pre-season game against non-league opposition, I think Pearson was just trying to give Max every opportunity to show himself.

Sterling work Fez. A really good read and it has certainly given me more optimism after the Luton display.

I would get this posted on Foxes Online, this needs to be read by a wider audience.

I wish all Leicester fans were Fez.

Firstly...wow...to all those who participated in the "is there a god" discussion...clearly, following the overwhelming worshipping of Fez in this topic the answer is .... there is..and its Fez :giggle:

secondly.....the first pic concerns me...is it some disguised attempt to introduce "spot the ball" to the forum?

Thirdly..thanks for a great write up Fez, you cant imagine how hard it is to be a supporter over here, you get no information..no video...no pictures... no write ups....nothing if not for people such as Fez and Thracian etc. I really appreciate everyones efforts, player ratings and comments.

:clap::scarf:

I don't believe in the existence of Fez.

Everything written about him is made-up and all of his so-called miracles could be performed with a phone, a kipper and three yards of string.

I don't believe in the existence of Fez.

Everything written about him is made-up and all of his so-called miracles could be performed with a phone, a kipper and three yards of string.

He reminds me very much of the 4-1 win against Watford last season, nobody can be sure it was real.

I think it's just a way of developing Gradel - it was the second half of a pre-season game against non-league opposition, I think Pearson was just trying to give Max every opportunity to show himself.

Yeah that seems the case.

I'm probably reading too much into the whole situation, as I haven't seen any of the pre-season stuff.

I guess its just nice to actually have some decent competition for places, and some wingers which may actually be a threat.

No manager in his right mind would fail to utilise Gradel.

He's the perfect package for a football club. A pacey, brave, goalscoring winger with talent in abundance and to work on but also a bit of a personality and someone who gives fans an air of expectancy every time he gets the ball.

He's like the breath of life for Leicester City and, thankfully, Pearson has a few others to help him and to keep him fully focused.

Yeah that's cool.

I believe that Pearson and co know they have a very special player in Gradel, I think he's impressed them immensly in training and pre-season and it's only now that they are working out how best to utilise him. He's still somewhat of an unknown quantity for most and his raw talent is beyond what we've seen at Leicester for years, even though he's nearly 21, I think Pearson won't want to burn him out straight the way. So whether he starts every game is debatable, but I guess that the more Max plays, the more he'll make his mark and Pearson will have a weapon.

I wish all Leicester fans were Fez.

Clearly we all lurve Fez, but I'm happy being me, thanks!

Don't forget Gradel cut the mustard for Bournemouth at this level last year. Their fans are already missing him.

Clearly we all lurve Fez, but I'm happy being me, thanks!

Don't forget Gradel cut the mustard for Bournemouth at this level last year. Their fans are already missing him.

I know all about Gradel, i'd go as far as saying I love him.

I believe that Pearson and co know they have a very special player in Gradel, I think he's impressed them immensly in training and pre-season and it's only now that they are working out how best to utilise him. He's still somewhat of an unknown quantity for most and his raw talent is beyond what we've seen at Leicester for years, even though he's nearly 21, I think Pearson won't want to burn him out straight the way. So whether he starts every game is debatable, but I guess that the more Max plays, the more he'll make his mark and Pearson will have a weapon.

Yeah i agree this is completely true.

I'm growing in confidence daily with Pearson and i'm feeling confident that he will get it right in his rotation of the wide midfield players.

I just found it originally strange that the player he has used as his main outlet in a lot of the pre-season football wasn't in most people's starting line up for the MK Dons game.

I know all about Gradel, i'd go as far as saying I love him.

It's the Fez-Gradel love in. Time to take your partners for a hot hoedown; feel up your fellow Foxes and romance will follow as Div 1 is tromped. Get on board the Leicester Love Train!

It's the Fez-Gradel love in. Time to take your partners for a hot hoedown; feel up your fellow Foxes and romance will follow as Div 1 is tromped. Get on board the Leicester Love Train!

That's solved it, Fez is Max Gradel.

Yes it was a great post, no question.

Just a word of caution. I went to the Oadby Town game last season and stood right behind Martin Allen. He was very vocal and was doing many of the things you say Pearson was doing. I heard lots of instructions, lots of praise, lots of shouts of 'good boy' when one of the players did something good. etc etc

Mind you, though the Oadby game was a low level game, it was pretty dire. Not much attacking flair (actually, none) and I remember being shocked how the team didn't dominate in the first half when the manager played his strongest players. The performance you're referring to however sounds far more encouraging though, so I hope this isn't a false dawn. More goals too I think than in the Oadby game.

Just a word of caution. I went to the Oadby Town game last season and stood right behind Martin Allen. He was very vocal and was doing many of the things you say Pearson was doing.

Aha - but Pearson hasn't given away any sweets or plastic BBQ sets.

That and Allen never proved himself a failure and for all we know could have done just fine/quite well last season.

But as we know, the mad dog strolled out into the mid-day sun and Manderic shot him

Fez is a gay.

That report was gay.

and anyone who thinks Leicester really scored 4 goals and won 2 games in a row is gay!

Gaylords! :angry:

I saw this advertised on holiday, and the immature part of me chuckled.

Archived