Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Luke O'Neill

Well i disagree, i dont think your view is right, i think players need to show their quality before they get good contracts (i.e not against a team below conference standard), like Gradel has.

And Mattocks injured isnt he, why is'nt O'Neill playing, or at least on the bench if hes worthy of 2k a week?

Because he isnt on £2,000 a week. This is a shitty rumour.

Pearson surely isnt that stupid to put some spotty teenager on £2,000 a week.

Pearson has as said as much that he wants to keep youth team players feet on the ground. How is giving a young chap, who has made not one competetive appearance for the first team, 2K a week going to keep him grounded?

I don't think I'll believe this until I see hard evidence.

All im saying is Lucky him :)

''Tbh I trust Nigel Pearsons judgment over yours as he see's players in training everyday''

Let's leave it at that yeah

I actually didnt post that it was my brother on my account. That backfired didnt it.

And yeh he does see the players training every day and hes obviously not seen enough from the lad to warrant a first team place, so why would he be on 2k a week? And another thing, do you really think Pearson sorts contracts?

£2,000 a week is not a lot of money in footballing terms.

Get in to the real world

It is for a kid that has never made a first team appearance at a League One club, he'll be on £500 maximum.

Some of our first team regulars will be on £2,000 or maybe less, players like Morrison and Gradel, also players like Adams.

I doubt even King is on £2,000 a week and he has made far more appearance than O'Neill.

• 2 weeks later...

I would seriously doubt that he is on £2,000 per week (£500 would be more likely with bonuses based on how well he progresses) but if he is then why should we care? Football is a business and clubs pay players what they believe them to be worth. Sometimes clubs get their sums completely wrong but if Pearson says that he is a good prospect for the future then I'm happy for us to back his opinion (and as a point of note £2,000 per week over 3 years is £300,000 - a sound investment if he progresses through to the first team!).

Archived