Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Red Leicester

Red Leicester

A Red Strip?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the club adopt a red shirt or strip for the away or third kit?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy a red replica shirt?

• Yes
    • No because of the colour
    • No because I do not buy shirts

I'd vastly prefer a nice natural, traditional coloured kit like all red to some of the asymmetrical amber tosh that we've been reduced to over recent years. I like the idea of an all white kit a la early seventies but would more than likely buy a red away shirt providing it was made by a better manufacturer/had a better sponsor.

My ideal kits:

Home - Blue shirt/white shorts/blue socks

Away - All white

3rd kit - All red

My thoughts exactly - so everyone's taste is pleased (or should).

Please no more yellow away kits - they look awful!

lynx_redleics.jpg

The kits are to be replaced at the end of this season. In the light of recent supply problems with Jako it may be that we return to the supplier who was negotiating with the club before Jako were brought in - a supplier who had a Lineker-type red strip in the pipeline.

Over the course of the last season it appeared as though many of you quite fancied having a traditional red away or third kit. If there are a reasonable number of people expressing a positive feedback to this survey then the matter will be directed to the club, interested parties and the Leicester media.

A full plan of action has been drawn up in order to maximise the PR for the activity and a basic website has been created for the benefit of the media or interested parties.

A quick list of recent red kits can be seen below this post. 1987-88 is interesting as we had a red away strip AND a red third kit!

Obviously, if sentiment now runs counter to the adoption of a red-based away/third strip then the matter will be closed.

1979-1983

79_83.jpg

1984-1985

84_85.jpg

1985-1987

85-87.jpg

1985-1987

85-87.jpg

1987-1988

87-88.jpg

1987-1988

87_88.jpg

1988-1990

88_90.jpg

1990-1991

90_91.jpg

Red Leicester.

Any idea who that supplier was? If it was Umbro, the shirt would look too close to the F***t kit and I wouldn't consider buying one. It'd be interesting to find out anyway.

I don't know why people don't like Jako, I think our kit looks dead smart, especially the trim which is a touch of class. I'll cry if we ever lose it. Red a touch darker than scarlet, which trim, gurning tile man on the front, whats not to like?

Any idea who that supplier was? If it was Umbro, the shirt would look too close to the F***t kit and I wouldn't consider buying one. It'd be interesting to find out anyway.

Kit Suppliers since 1979:

1979-1983 Umbro

1983-1988 Admiral

1988-1990 Scoreline

1990-1992 Butka

1992-2000 Fox Leisure

2000-2005 Le Coq Sportif

2005-2007 JJB

Kit Suppliers since 1979:

1979-1983 Umbro

1983-1988 Admiral

1988-1990 Scoreline

1990-1992 Butka

1992-2000 Fox Leisure

2000-2005 Le Coq Sportif

2005-2007 JJB

Wouldn't mind a return of Le Coq Sportif, I quite like Man. City's kits.

I don't know why people don't like Jako, I think our kit looks dead smart, especially the trim which is a touch of class.

Well, in my humble and worthless opinion the Jako home kit is just asymmetrical Portsmouth-tastic bollocks, but then again I do have a history of being something of a neo-traditionalist when it comes to football kits. I like them simple and blue, like the one we had when we were last in the top flight.

I'm not a fan of the black away kit either, makes us look like a team of referees, although I thought the one we had with the sky blue sash was nice because it meant something as it was part of our history.

Red or white would be the only colours I'd consider buying in terms of away kits.

Well, in my humble and worthless opinion the Jako home kit is just asymmetrical Portsmouth-tastic bollocks, but then again I do have a history of being something of a neo-traditionalist when it comes to football kits. I like them simple and blue, like the one we had when we were last in the top flight.

I'm not a fan of the black away kit either, makes us look like a team of referees, although I thought the one we had with the sky blue sash was nice because it meant something as it was part of our history.

Red or white would be the only colours I'd consider buying in terms of away kits.

Agree with all that. I think the shield around the crest is the worst part of the design, overly fussy detail in my arrogant opinion. Also, I much prefer the traditional blue shirts, white shorts combo.

We really should have gone for a simple, retro design for our 125th anniversary. I'd even go far as to say we could have introduced a modernised version of our old crest, as Chelski did for their 100th anniversary.

We need to get rid of the yellow horror. I really hate the yellow kit. Red or green would be perfect, and lets have a red, as it would make Daggers go absolutely mental. The Wallington version green shirt/red shorts is actually not a bad idea. Just please no more frickin yellow.....

My order of preference for away kit.

White

Black / Red

Burgandy

Yellow

I just feel yellow kits look too cheap. In answer to the question yes red would make a nice change but I don't think it will happen.

I would like a nice silver or gold kit. Failing that, all Green with yellow trim would be nice.

Silver would be larvely but again its far too bold for a Leicester kit. We never seem to do anything different. As for green have you seen our GK kits, they're always bloody awful.

Call me old fashioned but white should be the away colour. I wouldnt be too fussed if we had a red third strip. I think third strips are more of a novelty to squeeze more money out of us although sometimes they may be a necessity.

The colour doesnt matter as much as the manufacturer and sponsor. I imagine a red Jako shirt with topps tiles would still look cheap.

Leicester shouldn't have a red kit I prefer white with blue shorts for a 2nd kit. For those who like red how about a Hearts coloured away top for a 3rd kit ? my sunday league team have one & it looks smart, better & more unusual than red.

Archived