Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Red Leicester

Red Leicester

A Red Strip?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the club adopt a red shirt or strip for the away or third kit?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy a red replica shirt?

• Yes
    • No because of the colour
    • No because I do not buy shirts

lynx_redleics.jpg

The kits are to be replaced at the end of this season. In the light of recent supply problems with Jako it may be that we return to the supplier who was negotiating with the club before Jako were brought in - a supplier who had a Lineker-type red strip in the pipeline.

Over the course of the last season it appeared as though many of you quite fancied having a traditional red away or third kit. If there are a reasonable number of people expressing a positive feedback to this survey then the matter will be directed to the club, interested parties and the Leicester media.

A full plan of action has been drawn up in order to maximise the PR for the activity and a basic website has been created for the benefit of the media or interested parties.

A quick list of recent red kits can be seen below this post. 1987-88 is interesting as we had a red away strip AND a red third kit!

Obviously, if sentiment now runs counter to the adoption of a red-based away/third strip then the matter will be closed.

1979-1983

79_83.jpg

1984-1985

84_85.jpg

1985-1987

85-87.jpg

1985-1987

85-87.jpg

1987-1988

87-88.jpg

1987-1988

87_88.jpg

1988-1990

88_90.jpg

1990-1991

90_91.jpg

Red Leicester.

I have never assciated red with Leicester and never will. It just seems odd. As Leicester's fans we are known as the "blue army". It just seems plain odd to be adopting a colour that is closely associated with our near rivals, Notts Forest. I veto!

I have never assciated red with Leicester and never will. It just seems odd. As Leicester's fans we are known as the "blue army". It just seems plain odd to be adopting a colour that is closely associated with our near rivals, Notts Forest. I veto!

Yeah but we have worn white, black and yellow kits in the last few seasons and we're still the 'blue army'. Why not recognise some of the club's heritage and try a red kit for a season...

i would love a red kit, but wouldn't buy it due to ive just bought the new black one :thumbup:

The club has yet to clarify the position of the strips this season - don't be surprised to see all of them replaced next summer as it is believed that the contract with Jako expires then.

No one is suggesting that City stop playing in the blue strip for the first kit. "Blue Army" is a chant at many away grounds even though we may be playing in our second or third choice strip.

Derby play in white but we have white kits.

What's the story behind the two red away kits in 87-88? I remember one, but why a virtually identical 3rd kit?

The mystery of the third strip was never explained by the club other than it bore a very strong similarity to an Ipswich strip - something we did a lot of in the 80's.

Red strip as an away kit maybe, still i don't like the idea. Although if it's made by a better kit manufacturer i wouldn't mind what colour it was. But if we still have Topps Tiles as a sponser every kit design we have will look balls.

I would love us to have that black kit with a turquoise stripe again tho, best kit we've had IMO.

Another City legend wearing his version of the red strip:

mw.jpg

Since 1979, we have also played in the following colours as second or third kits:

Yellow - 13 seasons

White - 14 seasons

Red - 11 seasons

Green - 3 seasons

Black - 3 seasons

Gold - 1 season

So, as can be seen, red is as traditional a colour for us as yellow or white.

I'd vastly prefer a nice natural, traditional coloured kit like all red to some of the asymmetrical amber tosh that we've been reduced to over recent years. I like the idea of an all white kit a la early seventies but would more than likely buy a red away shirt providing it was made by a better manufacturer/had a better sponsor.

My ideal kits:

Home - Blue shirt/white shorts/blue socks

Away - All white

3rd kit - All red

I'd vastly prefer a nice natural, traditional coloured kit like all red to some of the asymmetrical amber tosh that we've been reduced to over recent years. I like the idea of an all white kit a la early seventies but would more than likely buy a red away shirt providing it was made by a better manufacturer/had a better sponsor.

My ideal kits:

Home - Blue shirt/white shorts/blue socks

Away - All white

3rd kit - All red

Am I right in saying we're not allowed to have a white away kit, I'm sure I remember Lisa saying that a while back

Am I right in saying we're not allowed to have a white away kit, I'm sure I remember Lisa saying that a while back

I'm not sure about any definite ruling but I imagine we play too many teams that play in both blue and white.

I do know we were told we couldn't have a white away kit, as we would clash with teams like Sheff Weds, where we couldn't wear blue as well. I couldn't make it up.

Archived