Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Red Leicester

Red Leicester

A Red Strip?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the club adopt a red shirt or strip for the away or third kit?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy a red replica shirt?

• Yes
    • No because of the colour
    • No because I do not buy shirts

I think you would find the common consensus aside from Foxestalk would be a unanimous no to red. I much prefer sticking to blue, white and amber. Comparisons to England are rediculous, this is our beloved club whose identity i want to retain and not jeopadise.

Are some people completely ignoring the fact we have a history of having red change strips ?

Looks like they might be. It has been ages since we had a red kit though. I personally wouldn't be opposed to the idea as long as it wasn't a Forest clone

, but other fans might be. That would be a shame though, I wouldn't like City fans to become like Leeds fans with their childish hatred of all things red.

Are some people completely ignoring the fact we have a history of having red change strips ?

We have a history of yellow strips as well now.

It wouldn't break my heart to have a red kit but I'm not bothered about the yellow kit either. It's all a bit of a storm in a teacup to me.

I think you would find the common consensus aside from Foxestalk would be a unanimous no to red.

If you could link to any survey result that backs up that claim we would be very grateful.

On an anecdotal level it appears to be almost the opposite.

Of course it is recognised that the forum represents a particular demographic of City supporters but the feedback so far has been overwhelming. It should be born in mind that any decision will always be taken to the Fans Forum which consists of many people who do not habitually frequent the internet.

Unfortunately, the last time this happened an uninformed decision was made - on the back of this poll this is something that will not happen next time as the members of the committee will be fully cognisant of the history of our kit colours.

If the decision is a unanimous 'no' then at least it won't be said that people who cared to influence a decision sat back and did nothing. It is not our intention to force a kit onto an unwilling fanbase, simply to educate and influence. :)

Hereford, Franchise and Hartlepool all use Nike. Before anybody says it, none of these teams are sponsored by teamwear companies or sport shops either. Seriously, Forest use Umbro, the Sheep use adidas and Cov use Puma. Why can't we use that calibre of manufacturer?! :angry:

These clubs are paying for a kit out of a catalogue, whereas the manufacturers we have don't charge for out kits at worst, and pay for the privilege at best.

Jako_Leicester_red.jpg

Daggers posted in general chat.

I'm fairly sure if you showed most supporters that they'd want one.

Don't like the assymetry, dammit I like symmetrical kits! Though it does look better than the black Jako kit...

Do the clubs in question sell more? Looking around, I would doubt it.

I would've thought that that's because they have a less sizeable supporter base. I just think that those kind of generic templates look much nicer, not that they necessarily have more commercial potential.

I would've thought that that's because they have a less sizeable supporter base. I just think that those kind of generic templates look much nicer, not that they necessarily have more commercial potential.

City look at potential pounds and pence, I am afraid.

These clubs are paying for a kit out of a catalogue, whereas the manufacturers we have don't charge for out kits at worst, and pay for the privilege at best.

There sponsored by the teamwear companies, so they get given Nike, Adidas or whatever kits but not from the brands themselves.

But their kits are also much nicer as a consequence...

I have a soft spot for the Admiral logo for heritage reasons but I don't understand the big hoo-haa over brands of shirts - they're all made by the same little girl in Far Eastern sweaty shop.

(Apart from the Arsenal shirts which are hand-crafted by yaks...or something :unsure: )

I have a soft spot for the Admiral logo for heritage reasons but I don't understand the big hoo-haa over brands of shirts - they're all made by the same little girl in Far Eastern sweaty shop.

(Apart from the Arsenal shirts which are hand-crafted by yaks...or something :unsure: )

It's not the brand I'm bothered about, it's the design, and I just feel that some of the shirts produced by bigger companies for lower league clubs have nicer designs. It's just coincidence that Nike, Adidas etc. make their kits, not brand favouritism on my part. I must admit that I too have a soft spot for Admiral, especially as some of their cricket stuff was quite nice a few years ago.

Fox Leisure is the way forward! :fox: :laugh:

I'm going to stand up for Jako here. I think the blue home kit is really nice, and we are the only ones who have it. I think they should have done the away design like that too, just changing colors. After the horror show from JJB, I like our simple home kit.

In my opinion it should be:

Home: Blue

Away: White

3rd: Red or Green (I like the Wallington outfit on one of these pages, green top and red shorts).

Never again: Yellow.

Bring back the Green kit with the yellow pin stripes. Green is after all Leicestershire County's colour. The Tigers play in it, Leicestershire County Cricket play in it...we should play in it.

Save Red for Forest.

surely forest should be green :D

Archived