Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Album Of The Year.

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes is my personal favorite, but also enjoyed:

Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

MGMT - Oracular Spetacular

Blitzen Trapper - Furr

Hercules & Love Affair - Hercules & Love Affair

fleet foxes just grows and grows...

didn't like that much of VW, what are the others like?

Going to see them at The Charlotte later this year (assuming Mrs John Murphy has got his act together <_< ) - should be good!

when when when?

fleet foxes

explorers club

glen campbell

thom hell

and, of course, i have to mention the long overdue rerelease of 'pacific ocean blue' by dennis wilson, one of the most beautiful records ever made, whilst still being a bit sultry and dirty :)

I forgot to put this on my list. It's great. I know its becoming a bit of a cliché for old codgers to do modern covers albums, but when you pick the songs as carefully as this, have such a fantastic vocalist who still sounds great after all these years, and manage to recapture the lush orchestration that evokes memories of the classic Campbell songs, then its all worth while.

fleet foxes just grows and grows...

didn't like that much of VW, what are the others like?

Frigthened Rabbit: Scottish indie rock. You will either hate or love the singer, he got this kind of fragile voice that gives the songs added intensity. A band that will grow on you if you give them time.

Link: http://www.myspace.com/frightenedrabbit

MGMT: American synth pop/rock kind of thing, that I wouldn't normally go for, but these 2 guys have created a sensational album while being very original. They are very hyped, so a lot of people have already grown a dislike to them.

Link: http://www.myspace.com/mgmt

Blitzen Trapper: American folk/indie rock band from Portland. Used to be more experimental (kind of the indie answer to Beck), but this first album on the Sub Pop label (the label, that went famous with Nirvana and now is the home of bands like Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses and The Shins) is more back to the roots. It wont win many prizes, but I really enjoy this album.

Link: http://www.myspace.com/blitzentrapper

Hercules & Love Affair: Disco reborn. American DJ/producer/music talent Andrew Butler is the main guy behind this electro/disco album. Antony from Antony and the Johnsons delivers vocals to some of the tracks and it works wonders.

Link: http://www.myspace.com/herculesandloveaffair

I forgot to put this on my list. It's great. I know its becoming a bit of a cliché for old codgers to do modern covers albums, but when you pick the songs as carefully as this, have such a fantastic vocalist who still sounds great after all these years, and manage to recapture the lush orchestration that evokes memories of the classic Campbell songs, then its all worth while.

:appl: yes, glad it's not just me--- the travis track is super, way better than the original (which was pretty good). campbell has only ever done covers - so it's not like he's doing anything different, i guess

...oh, and jonezy, :thumbup: will have a listen later...

I'm awaiting arrival of what I'm sure will be one of my Albums of the year.

Nick Warren-Lima-GU35

this with Involver and Invol2ver and GU10 for £33-Bargain!

Cant believe were now on GU35!!

GU7 Paul Oakenfold In New York and GU9 Sasha in San Francisco were my favorites,never really got into Nick Warren.

Mother Mother - O My Heart

I've been waiting for so long to get my hands on a copy/download/whatever... Now that I've listened to it, I can honestly say that it's a masterpiece. Not just for it's diverse styles and sounds, the different instruments mixed together, but most and foremost because the songwriting is so concise.

mother.jpg.jpg

Archived