Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Album Of The Year.

There we are!

I can't hear anything as I have no headphones at work - are they any good, like?

me neither so no idea!!!

There is also a myspace under the name Kermits Love Spuds which I think is even better as a band name but sadly I don't think they are a band

No-one's said Cut Copy!? In Ghost Colours is a great album. Vampire Weekend and Bloc Party are the only other people I can call to mind. I listened to a less new new music this year.

As for the Glasvegas album, I deleted it after one listen to the hideously overwrought opening track. It's terrible.

Fleet Foxes are very good live. They interact with the audience quite a bit, and the keyboard/piano player somehow manages to headbang to their music. Saw them in Copenhagen a few months ago and enjoyed it massively.

Went last night (at Trent Uni - not the Charlotte :rolleyes: )

Was excellent! As you say they interact with the audience a lot and apprently they all had colds (the lead singer was coughing quite badly between songs). A unique performance and somewhat more upbeat than their albums. During the encore they did a song called Megawatt (I think) which I'd never heard before but is apparently one of their very first songs, which was truly beautiful. Don't think I've ever heard such a good male vocal performance in a band before, those harmonies must be difficult.

Highly recommended to anyone who can catch them elsewhere!

Was excellent! As you say they interact with the audience a lot and apprently they all had colds (the lead singer was coughing quite badly between songs). A unique performance and somewhat more upbeat than their albums. During the encore they did a song called Megawatt (I think) which I'd never heard before but is apparently one of their very first songs, which was truly beautiful. Don't think I've ever heard such a good male vocal performance in a band before, those harmonies must be difficult.

Good stuff. Glad you had a good Fleet Foxes experience, everyone should have one as you say. :thumbup:

sweeet....

gonna have to check if they are coming over here - fingers crossed....oh, yeah :fc:

Really no-one else has heard the Cut Copy album?

Wikipedia Article

Opening track on Youtube

2nd track on Youtube

EDIT: I forgot British Sea Power back in January!

they were on the front page of one of the free music mags here, but i didn't read it, must be reasonably popular here, but i haven't heard anything from them.

Just listened to 11i by Supreme Beings of Leisure and for anyone interested in Portishead should check them out. Not sure if it'll be my album of the year but it'll be close.

Portishead, that's interesting.

I had a song they did years and years ago called Strange Love Addiction, it was more like dancey pop music.

Just found out I have a couple of tracks off this album. Giving them a listen now. The voice is familiar from that song years ago.

Archived