Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Oldham Post Match

Just back (only an hour from Manchester). Fair result, we were better in parts, but sat back once we scored and invited them on to us. Cracking equaliser too. Lloyd missed a sitter at 0-0 after Howard hit the post, and thought Gradel had scored the winner near the end but it hit a defender.

Can't argue with that, and fryatt came very close to first half

Before the game I would've taken a point, but we threw that away really, sitting back at 1-0. We don't normally do that so why did we today? Oldham weren't anything special, they only had the upper hand when we gave them the initiative.

Apart from that a good day, great atmosphere until they scored too.

Got the M6 on lockdown to be honest.

Nice to see more fans standing than sitting today, makes a change.

Fryatt was dreadful in my opinion, Howard was the far better player.

In summary, the M6 is a shambles and Keele services is the biggest joke in England.

Got the M6 on lockdown to be honest.

Nice to see more fans standing than sitting today, makes a change.

Fryatt was dreadful in my opinion, Howard was the far better player.

In summary, the M6 is a shambles and Keele services is the biggest joke in England.

You must of been on the right side because they (away support) were nearly all sat down, apart from the far right end and around 200 or so at the back i know this:

A, because i saw it.

B, A copper and steward took great delight in telling me you were all behaving so i had to sit down as a home fan.

C, A mate of mine has a video of you all when you scored, when its up on youtube i will post the link.

Stewards were shite today.

Great to be able to stand up for 90 mins with stewards walking past and smiling rather than trying to be important.

Thought King and Howard were excellent today, pretty average apart from that.

I hope that us sitting back on a slender lead a-la last couple of seasons and Paddy K's second-half return was an unfortunate coincidence though...

Just got back. Fair result in the end. We shouldn't have sat back after being 1-0 up, we lost all initiative after that and Oldham looked pretty decent.

I thought Fryatt was better than Howard today - just my opinion but Fryatt chased down the defenders and played some good passes, including the one that Gradel almost scored from. When he did run and lose the ball it was because there were no other options available. Howard really should've scored in the first half when his free header hit the post, although Dyer's follow up miss with an open goal was pathetic. Overall I think Howard's lack of mobility is quite a problem when we're trying to counter-attack, he clearly doesn't have the legs to keep up with Dyer and Gradel.

Just got back.

Fair result in the end, and good to see Kisnorbo get on and play well.

Great atmosphere again from us fans until they scored, and we could won it when Gradel went through and Dyer missed a sitter.

Another unbeaten game away from home - C'mon Leicester!

Loved meeting up with people again, having missed Huddersfield because of the accident I adored getting out of the house again.

People slating Fryatt are on drugs - he dipped in the second half, but so did everyone. He had a very good first half and seemed fitter than I've ever seen him, faster and much more determined. Howard worked really well again, I am loving Howard this season so much.

Gradel on the other hand turned in yet another gash performance: lightweight, innefectual and producing no crosses of any merit let alone a decent shot. I've yet to see him perform one fvcking silky skill in a league match...so until then, my wife is going to remain unshagged by him.

Stewards were bloody brilliant. Chief steward took one look at my crutches and insisted I stand at the back in the disabled section lol

The left side-right side chant is wank, it's a nonsense that grown men sing it.

Quality day out again. Overall a point from there isn't such a bad thing.

Nice to have met NSLL at the services, and Daggers on the back row. Top Bloke :thumbup:

Were you wearing a blue 'Granno 7' shirt because I think I saw you getting on your coach.

Great day, another puncture on the way home, this time Kilworth lol

We'd only just got onto the M1 this morning when the warning light on Carl's car came on to say one of his "run flats" was flat. Turned out it wasn't. We still had to stop a couple of times to check the tyre pressure just in case. I wouldn't have minded but it was cutting into valuable drinking time. :angry:

Got the M6 on lockdown to be honest....In summary, the M6 is a shambles and Keele services is the biggest joke in England.

The M6 is second only to the A14, in my humble opinion, as the worst road in Britain, nay, the world.

You should have headed over the peaks instead - we were back home for 7!!

Just back now with the Scow and Kayteh - fair result really. Although we should have been a couple up at half time then I would have fancied our chances!

The cops and stewards were jobsworths. Everyone was standing including Oldham, yet a small section including me were shouted at etc and then the cops turned up, pushed one lad, he wasn't happy with that and so was thrown out.

No sign of them at all second half and so no sign of trouble. Stay the fook out you pig wankers!

Don't tell me Fox Travel went down the M6? Oldham is 20 to 30 miles from juncition 42 on the m1.

The left side-right side chant is wank, it's a nonsense that grown men sing it.

:chant: Well Said

Despite the result, I am still disappointed I didn't go today. Thieving b******s who had me car and the Police and Insurance companies who then messing me around. Apparently I swore on the phone to Directline today.

Not the greatest game in the world but will take a point gladly after that. We were under the cosh for most of the second half and their goal came from a blatent foul on Kisbers!

Greater Manchester police and the stewards were an effing disgrace, I recorded some of their antics after a copper pushed a lad for no reason and then chucked him out, just to make him a scapegoat for everyone else standing.

All in all, fairly happy with the result. Just a bit disappointing having taken the lead and then sat back and lost it. We need to not take the foot off the pedal if we take the lead away from home.

Archived