Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Oldham Post Match

M6 on way there took 2 hours 10

M1 on way back across the hills took 3 1/2 bloody hours !!! Although in fairness accident didnt help

We did the opposite, We went M1 on the way there, took forever, Went right through the sticks, Got well high up through the hills aswell, took forever, and we got lost a few times.

We got home quite quick though on the M6, must have took 2 hours, maybe abit less.

M6 on way there took 2 hours 10

M1 on way back across the hills took 3 1/2 bloody hours !!! Although in fairness accident didnt help

In my car at 5.07. Was back at 7.05pm. Must have missed the accident. What happened?

It was called the Old Grey Mare or something :thumbup:

It was...and I'll not be going back there. Next time it'll be a far better pub where you can actually buy beer.

I spotted Mayb's as I was hurtling down to the carriage I had been directed to by the bloke on Manchester Piccadilly platform. I saw him wave and, like a total arse, I went to wave back (forgetting that it meant raising the crutch currently bearing my not inconsiderable weight.

Blimeyblinkingflip did I call Mayb's a couple of choice names for forcing me into an act of obscene and painful stupidity. :D

I sat in the carriage whimpering as the old bloke next to me squeezed across taking half of my seat and tutting at my anti-quiet carriage noise. Stupid trains.

In my car at 5.07. Was back at 7.05pm. Must have missed the accident. What happened?

Fook all really , little bump and too many rubber neckers . Around junction 29 if i remember rightly

Fook all really , little bump and too many rubber neckers . Around junction 29 if i remember rightly

I just don't understand rubber-neckers. I've seen broken cars before. They aren't that exciting.

I have also seen injured people. They are a little more exciting, but not enough to want to slow me down from that nice bottle of wine at home.

I haven't seen any dead people, and to be honest, have no interest.

Tale of woe

I must admit, I did :giggle:

It was...and I'll not be going back there. Next time it'll be a far better pub where you can actually buy beer.

I spotted Mayb's as I was hurtling down to the carriage I had been directed to by the bloke on Manchester Piccadilly platform. I saw him wave and, like a total arse, I went to wave back (forgetting that it meant raising the crutch currently bearing my not inconsiderable weight.

Blimeyblinkingflip did I call Mayb's a couple of choice names for forcing me into an act of obscene and painful stupidity. :D

I sat in the carriage whimpering as the old bloke next to me squeezed across taking half of my seat and tutting at my anti-quiet carriage noise. Stupid trains.

:crylaugh:

Shingleresque moment

Always wanted to say that!

I would love to see a return to standing, I really would. Wherever possible, I stand. However, if sitting towards the front, I try to respect those around me who do not want to stand. Maybe it's because they are boring bastards, however, it may be because they are ill, or infirm, or have spent all night working and are shagged, or they are hungover, whatever.

The authorities responsible for imposing restrictions on standing at football need to get their act together, and sort out a system whereby fans can choose whether they support their teams on their feet, or on their arses. Anything to stop obnoxious "c" words telling every Tom, Dick and Harry what they should be doing all of the time.

Did exactly the same thing yesterday, A lady with kids was behind me and obviously they wernt going to see, so I said there's seats at the bottom if you want to use them. They did, common sense really. I enjoyed being stood up close to the pitch, shouting at the players, usually miles back as others dont want to stand.

Loved meeting up with people again, having missed Huddersfield because of the accident I adored getting out of the house again.

People slating Fryatt are on drugs - he dipped in the second half, but so did everyone. He had a very good first half and seemed fitter than I've ever seen him, faster and much more determined. Howard worked really well again, I am loving Howard this season so much.

Gradel on the other hand turned in yet another gash performance: lightweight, innefectual and producing no crosses of any merit let alone a decent shot. I've yet to see him perform one fvcking silky skill in a league match...so until then, my wife is going to remain unshagged by him.

Stewards were bloody brilliant. Chief steward took one look at my crutches and insisted I stand at the back in the disabled section lol

The left side-right side chant is wank, it's a nonsense that grown men sing it.

You're a wank. :P

Yeah, i'm on drugs. I'm an idiot, absolutely stupid.

When he did run and the lose the ball it was because he's unable to look up and actually pass the damn thing. That one you mention when he played it to Gradel, he held it so much longer than he should have, he refused to pass it until he had to and made Gradel's job harder because of it. On one occasion he ran backwards to receive a ball that was going to Gradel, why?! Carry your own run and let the guy actually going forwards with momentum carry the ball and give it you, then when you get it you can show us how much of a goal ace you really are.

Anish, Howard has scored, hit the post, held the ball up well and won things in the air. Fryatt did **** all apart from close the defenders down on occasions and chase the ball. Nothing I don't expect him to do. Yet still you think Fryatt was better? I'm baffled.

Said Dave.

As I've said before, the left side right side chant is good when it's done properly. Meaning when fans are in two seperate stands, like Cheltenham where it looked and sounded really good.

Doing it in the same stand doesn't really have the same effect.

I've just been watching the extended highlights on the OS and Dyer should've scored first half, i didn't realise during the game how close he was to scoring. People who say Fryatt didn't do anything apart from close defenders down should watch the highlights as he makes afew decent runs, that said i know he didn't have one of his best games. I didn't think Adams had a great game first half ( i didn't think he done much) but looking at the highlights he put afew decent balls in the box.

lol I was on the train back to Stooooke. Was suprised to see you manage to return a wave whilst on crutches. Funny all the same! :thumbup:

Archived