Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Speaking of Golden State, I recently came across coverage of Latrell Sprewell and his post-NBA career. Seems like he rode himself in some tough **** in no time:

http://www.startribune.com/ex-wolf-latrell-sprewell-pokes-fun-at-his-poor-life-choices-in-commercial/368356941/

Sprewell's career came to an unexpected end in 2005 when he refused a $21-million three-year contract offer from the Timberwolves, which he implied would not be enough to feed his children. Since that time, he has made headlines for grounding his million dollar yacht, having two of his homes foreclosed upon, and being prohibited from seeing his children.[1]

Just...  :mellow:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Golden State Warriors have made NBA history by becoming only the second team to win 70 regular season games after the Chicago Bulls in 1995-96.

They can even surpass that record and setting their own by winning their remaining three games, which would put them at a sensational 73-9.

kobe-bryant-last-game.jpg

Thanks for all the great memories, Black Mamba. Even though I could never stand the Lakers, your achievements deserve nothing but respect.

To maintain such a presence over the course of 20 years is truly outstanding.

Up there with Michael Jordan in my book.

• 2 months later...

The diehard Foxes and Cleveland fanbases have too much in common. 

After spending weekly winter and spring mornings watching a superior City side handle team after team, by April I had little doubt.  While you lifers kept waiting for the sky to fall.  The joy of playing with house money.

Of course, when the Cavs’ turn rolled around, I spent the last fortnight $#...ing bricks.  Not so much expecting them to choke, as for the implacable gods to smite us with, say, a game 7 LeBron injury.  I was struck almost dumb at the buzzer.  So this is how 50 years in purgatory ends (!)  I’m still stunned.  But smiling. 

The last shall be made first and the first shall be last.

Life is good.