Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Been a game of home teams. Also, could have very well been 3-1 for both teams. We had game  but dropped a bollock or two. They almost stole game 3.

This is more like playoff basketball. I think the series favours milwaukee i just hope we can use that veteran factor and steal a game.

• Like 1

Fantastic result! Hope the Raptors can seal the Eastern Conference title in the next game.

Would be absolutely spectacular to finally see a Canadian team in the NBA finals, also a nod to the inventor of basketball... a Canadian. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Didn't expect us to take this game tonight in Milwaukee. Winning 3 in a row against a team like that is so tough.

Kawhi, as always great and Freddy with a fantastic shooting game!

After the first 5 minutes i thought we were going to get buried. I also thought taking game 5 was not going to happen before tip off but helllllllllllllll yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Saturday is a must win, i cant see us losing game 6 and then going to the deer factory for a win when they are pumped to be back home. Game 6 for me is our game 7.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Fantastic result! Hope the Raptors can seal the Eastern Conference title in the next game.

Would be absolutely spectacular to finally see a Canadian team in the NBA finals, also a nod to the inventor of basketball... a Canadian. :D

Would be fantastic but absolutely scared in my skates to be playing golden state they are class on another level. Would take divine intervention to win that series. Lets try to beat the bucks first though!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Thank you Kawhi, for dragging us to the Finals! :banana:

Oh, and Danny Green please, for the love of God, stop shooting. I don't care how open you are, *spoiler alert* it ain't going in. 

I cant breathe BLUD. Lol

Omfg, wow just getting to the finals ive cummed myself to death.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

Great one here at home for the Raps tonight! Golden State really focused on Kawhi, so the rest of the team stepped up big for us.

Hope KD is back in for game 2 on Sunday. Whether we win or lose, I want it to be against the full strength Champs.

The Dubs need KD for this series. The Raptors are too big and too athletic for them. 

Durant is the ultimate security net in the NBA. When the offense isn't working, just pass it to the 7-foot monster in the post and let him eat. It was one of the reasons the blazers managed to go up double digits in the WCFs. Plus, their defense really need him on help defense from the weak side and rim protection. Their bench doesn's have enough shooters. Bugot and Boogie are too slow footed and Boogie can be abused in the PnR. If the Raps play small ball with Siakam at the C, the dubs are overmatched. 

The series will highlight why the Dubs need KD on the biggest stage. Sometimes all the running and screening isn't enough to win.

Edited by the fox

15 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Great one here at home for the Raps tonight! Golden State really focused on Kawhi, so the rest of the team stepped up big for us.

Hope KD is back in for game 2 on Sunday. Whether we win or lose, I want it to be against the full strength Champs.

KD is out for game 2 but believe me, this is probably Toronto's best chance for a title so it's not your problem if the other team's best player is injured. Y'all did your best to play in the finals so what ever it takes as long as no cheating is happening, you do it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the fox said:

The Dubs need KD for this series. The Raptors are too big and too athletic for them. 

Durant is the ultimate security net in the NBA. When the offense isn't working, just pass it to the 7-foot monster in the post and let him eat. It was one of the reasons the blazers managed to go up double digits in the WCFs. Plus, their defense really need him on help defense from the weak side and rim protection. Their bench doesn's have enough shooters. Bugot and Boogie are too slow footed and Boogie can be abused in the PnR. If the Raps play small ball with Siakam at the C, the dubs are overmatched. 

The series will highlight why the Dubs need KD on the biggest stage. Sometimes all the running and screening isn't enough to win.

Let’s not overreact here, Raptors were amazing last night and it would be remarkable if they did win this series...but there’s still a long way to go. 

2 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Let’s not overreact here, Raptors were amazing last night and it would be remarkable if they did win this series...but there’s still a long way to go. 

I don't see them (the Warriors) winning game 2 honestly. The problem not just their offense as a whole, it is also their defense. The transition defense need to improve immensely if they want to win the series.

Teams foolishly tried to outscore them but like the 2016's Cave proved, the way to beat this team is to slow the game down and play physical defense. Iggy does not look like he's 100℅ and Kerr is going very deep in his rotation and using almost every player to bring the starter's minutes down as best as he could.

The Raps have too many Above-avrage to good players in the roster and the length and wingspan of many of their players is a big factor in the Warriors struggling, even though their point output is decent enough, they are just not getting their rhythm going. The KD warriors can manage to slow down the game and slowly chink the armor bit-by-bit and break teams down but the KD-less warriors are made for big explosions that can blow the other team out in less then a quarter but when the shots aren't falling, or even worse, when the other team is weathering the storm and hitting back, the 10, 15, or even 20-point runs aren't as devastating when the other team is also getting their point also. and that's way thaey got KD. When the shots aren't falling and the other team slows the game down, just chink away at the armor. A Mid-range here, a dunk there, a defensive stop every few minutes and suddenly the other team fades away and the Dubs can rain 3's and kill the game.

In the Curry-Klay-Iggy-Draymond-looney lineup, they only have 2 dependable shooters and Steph showed many times that Physical defense and pesky, small guards like dellevadova and vanvleet can and will trouble him. There is no reliable post scorer (maybe Boogie but he's obviously not the same player ATM) to switch it up and the Draymond-Curry PnR that killed the Rockets in game 6 IMO didn't show much. 

The Raptors defense is smothering and can't see them allowing open lanes to the basket like Lebron's Cavs or The Rockets.

But honesty, that's just may opinion and I can very possibly be wrong but i can't really see what type of adjustments the Dubs will make that can drastically change the outcome of the series, or atleast the next game.

Edited by the fox

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Golden State Warriors hampered by a couple of injuries.

47 points by Curry not good enough. Incredible.

Nevertheless, what an accomplishment - two more wins and they'll be part of NBA history. Go Raptors!

We got kawhi and to a point lowry. Everyone else is a good role player if you ask me. They have legit 3 solid players in klay, curry, kd. We are definitely major underdogs even if they have a few injuries.. im more impressed if raps pull it off then if warriors do. Its an expectation for the warriors and a  inpossible feat for the raps.

Either way raps have already exceeded my expectations with winning two, im so proud. Hope they by some miracle win it