Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, KingsX said:

My prediction for the 2019/20 Houston Rockets.

ItsMine.JPG.56a123600fbc5bb807859fabad81df9b.JPG

I don’t like this reputation Russ has, his usage rate last year was pretty much the same as Kawhi’s, yet nobody would ever call Kawhi a ball hog...

Plus he let George have the ball almost exclusively in late game situations when they were together.

The Rockets just got better for me.

18 hours ago, lildave3 said:

I don’t like this reputation Russ has, his usage rate last year was pretty much the same as Kawhi’s, yet nobody would ever call Kawhi a ball hog...

Plus he let George have the ball almost exclusively in late game situations when they were together.

The Rockets just got better for me.

The difference is that Kawhi wins championships, so in his case the end justifies the means.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even though I still mourn the fact that he left the Raptors too early in his career, I bow down to VC. Legend.

About to play in four different decades (90ies, 00ies, 2010s, 2020s). Amazing.

One of my teenage sports heroes, a dunk monster, so versatile, so energetic in his prime.

Could move up to 3rd overall in most NBA games played ever and potentially up to 16th in total points.

Shame he never won an NBA title - for me, he'll remain unforgettable.

5 hours ago, E.Rose said:

Heat fan since '13 :wave: 

Does anyone use the League Pass for games or do you watch via TV channels? 

I'm a Heat fan too, excited by the prospect of Herro and Butler together. Main concerns for the season are when we are up against a team with dominant centers like Gobert, Drummond, AD we will just get pummelled. 

We have no real bigs, Adebayo is an average PF height let alone a centre. 

Should make the playoffs with the starters staying healthy, expect to be seeded 6-8.

On 23/10/2019 at 16:29, HowardsBulletHeader said:

I'm a Heat fan too, excited by the prospect of Herro and Butler together. Main concerns for the season are when we are up against a team with dominant centers like Gobert, Drummond, AD we will just get pummelled. 

We have no real bigs, Adebayo is an average PF height let alone a centre. 

Should make the playoffs with the starters staying healthy, expect to be seeded 6-8.

Last nights result was good, Winslow and Nunn got a decent amount of points each so let's hope we can keep that up, 5 out of 6 games won so far including preseason which is a good thing.

Do you think we'll be seeing Butler play tomorrow? 

On 20/10/2019 at 19:09, MC Prussian said:

Even though I still mourn the fact that he left the Raptors too early in his career, I bow down to VC. Legend.

About to play in four different decades (90ies, 00ies, 2010s, 2020s). Amazing.

One of my teenage sports heroes, a dunk monster, so versatile, so energetic in his prime.

Could move up to 3rd overall in most NBA games played ever and potentially up to 16th in total points.

Shame he never won an NBA title - for me, he'll remain unforgettable.

One of the very best that's ever played. 

12 hours ago, E.Rose said:

Last nights result was good, Winslow and Nunn got a decent amount of points each so let's hope we can keep that up, 5 out of 6 games won so far including preseason which is a good thing.

Do you think we'll be seeing Butler play tomorrow? 

I'd say so, he missed the last one as he was at the birth of his child. 

Interesting to see how it pans out with Nunn, done really well in pre season and did well in the first game. Arguably a very good foil for an ageing Dragic if he keeps putting up those numbers. Could learn a bit off him too and develop his game. 

Just watched the Heat v Bucks game, from a Heat perspective we were battered in the fist half as Milwaukee shot the lights out from 3 point range. 

Spo got into them at the half and the defence turned up a notch, then at various points the likes of Herro, Nunn, Dragic, Olynyk and Adebayo dragged us back into the game. Looked like we'd win by a handful of points until a few stupid plays, missed free throws and Giannis sent us to overtime. 

Got out in front by 6 in OT and had a good go at throwing that away too with under a minute to go, Olynyk fouling Middleton giving him 3 free throws and KO fouled out the game. Middleton made all 3 but some good work at the line from Adebayo and a huge block at the end saw us home. 

Impressed with the team to be fair. Definitely a lot of potential if nothing else this season. 

• 2 weeks later...