Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Kawhi Leonard really is a unique human. The viral videos of him in this playoff run have basically elevated him to god status. I always thought that the Dirk 2011 run was the best I’ve ever seen but this will run it close, legendary from Leonard. 

I’ll be honest I’m still hoping the Warriors come back to win it and I think they will. Scrape game 4 with Klay back, then win 5 and 6 with Durant back - KD’s legend grows and more ringssss for Curry/Klay/Green/Iggy.

I have watched all four games (more than I watched all season), because I would love to see Toronto pull off what the Cavs only managed once.

Surely KD will play Monday … your guys need 48 hard minutes of remorseless killer instinct to finish the Dubs while they are vulnerable.  Something I never saw in Lowry or the Raps, but damned if this group with Kawhi might not have it.  Hope so!

• Like 1

That was a painful loss but if you watched the game we just couldnt stop them with all those damn 3s. Fire!

We threw it away at the end when up 6. Lowry cocked up and thst last shot attempt was horrendous.

We got 2 more chances but lets do this in golden state.   Pleeeeasssssse god lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Got a horrible feeling the Warriors will win now 

Cant lie, as a raps fan i fear the worst but am hopeful. Sound like a politician right  now.

Hoping the hot hands cool off and we take advantage of no KD.

Winning in golden state would be savage and id love it.

Pleassssssseee win this raptors lol

Fck me i cant breathe. Been a raptors fan since  the  beginning. Soooooooooooo happy right now.

First ive seen my habs lift the stanley cup, the jays win the world series, my team of all teams in city winning the EPL and  now this. Im done lol

I haven't been following the NBA that much over the years, but been a fan of the Raptors since their inception, massive follower when VC was with them, seeing them reach the playoffs for the very first time, but on the whole just leading a mediocre existence and it's thus hard for me where to put this NBA Championship for the Raptors in overall terms, as some sort of general surprise or awakening or triumph of the underdo.

I'm just so glad they managed to win the title. For Canada, for Basketball...

If only James Naismith could see this.

1_4466193.jpg?cache_timestamp=1560487045278

Edited by MC Prussian

I was a big fan of the Lowry/DeRozan partnership but Toronto certainly won when they traded DeRozan for Leonard.

I tend to follow a few teams over the course of the NBA Season, Golden State, Toronto and Houston are the three teams I like to keep an eye on.

To get two of my preferred teams in the finals was great for me.

Injuries to Durant and Thompson last night certainly helped matters but congrats to the Raps, We the North ;) 

I started the festivities a bit too early yesterday. Passed out somewhere around halftime and missed the rest lol

Happy when I woke up though and saw the celebrations going on!

I was at the first ever Raptors game. They played the first season at Skydome, which was terrible for watching basketball. We were about 5 rows from the roof and our seats didn't exactly face the court. They had a jumbotron so you basically had to watch that to see what was happening. They won that opening game on a last second shot.

Great to see how big they've become with the fans here and now getting to be Champions.

Edited by spacemunky
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I started the festivities a bit too early yesterday. Passed out somewhere around halftime and missed the rest lol

Happy when I woke up though and saw the celebrations going on!

I was at the first ever Raptors game. They played the first season at Skydome, which was terrible for watching basketball. We were about 5 rows from the roof and our seats didn't exactly face the court. They had a jumbotron so you basically had to watch that to see what was happening. They won that opening game on a last second shot.

Great to see how big they've become with the fans here and now getting to be Champions.

I managed to catch a home game sometime in winter 2001/2002 at the Air Canada Centre, don't remember much of it, was sat way too high up, so far away from the court, awful viewing position, but at least they had Gary Sinise on as a special guest. lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Both teams win for me in this trade, now let’s go and get Kemba and all of a sudden Lakers are ready for a run ????

There's always a winner and a loser in these blockbuster trades. I know it's a different sport, but I'm always reminded of the Herschel Walker trade in instances like this, when the Cowboys took the Vikings to the cleaners and won 3 Superbowls in 4 years. I like that the Lakers managed to keep Kuzma, but I'm not sure that AD is all that valuable as the era of the big man in the NBA appears to be over.