Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

28 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

There's always a winner and a loser in these blockbuster trades. I know it's a different sport, but I'm always reminded of the Herschel Walker trade in instances like this, when the Cowboys took the Vikings to the cleaners and won 3 Superbowls in 4 years. I like that the Lakers managed to keep Kuzma, but I'm not sure that AD is all that valuable as the era of the big man in the NBA appears to be over.

He’s not exactly a big man in the old fashioned sense though is he, unbelievable defender who can somehow defend the wing and the paint, shoot from inside and out. Giving away Lonzo (who I like but due to the fact he can’t shoot and needs the ball - he doesn’t fit in with LeBron, Davis definitely does) is fine, Hart is nothing so the only one I’m bothered about losing is Ingram...but if you have Davis/Kuzma/James he isn’t really needed. 

Of course some tit or two has shot people around the parade just in ghe last 30 mins or so. Brutal. News trickling in

Two shooting victims have been located with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries in Nathan Phillips Square during the Raptors NBA Championship fan rally. Two people have been taken into custody and two firearms have been recovered.

why cant we just enjoy the day man sheesh!

glad they arent seriously injured

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Of course some tit or two has shot people around the parade just in ghe last 30 mins or so. Brutal. News trickling in

Two shooting victims have been located with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries in Nathan Phillips Square during the Raptors NBA Championship fan rally. Two people have been taken into custody and two firearms have been recovered.

why cant we just enjoy the day man sheesh!

glad they arent seriously injured

Sadly, I don't think you can gather a million or more people in one location and not have some trouble. Always a few bad apples in the bunch.

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Sadly, I don't think you can gather a million or more people in one location and not have some trouble. Always a few bad apples in the bunch.

I am fine with pushing, punch ups as its bound to happen but shooting really?

9 hours ago, spacemunky said:

You'd think people would have figured this out given actual Kawhi is 6'7" lol

Clearly not real raptor fans but also in our Canadian way im sure most know and just going along with it given the day. A-ha a-ha  lol

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Free Agency officially starts today. Could be wild. Rumours are that Kyrie is to sign with the Nets, Kemba Walker is headed to the Celtics, and apparently KD will announce his next move via Instagram.

Been a lot of talk here that Kawhi and KD may be teaming up somewhere.

If it's the Raptors resigning Kawhi and KD coming here that'd be great. But I don't think that's the plan.

5 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Woj reporting KD, Kyrie and DeAndre Jordan to the Nets. I’ve been piling in on Betfair, now let’s watch their lay drop ?

On paper thats a tough opponent but KD is done for next season mostly.  Will be interesting to see of kawhi stays or goes.

Clippers missed out on key free agents so im not sure kawhi is clippers bound. I mean if he wants to be home sure but i dont see him signing with  team lebron.

I think his best bet is a 1 year with player option for another with the raptors.  Try for a repeat and then bounce next summer if they don't repeat.

24 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Always looked at Kawhi being here as a 'one and done' and it was one hell of a one!

Best of luck to Kawhi with his new team.

Ya i think deep down we all did. I do have to say though Kawhi could have given us more respect as an organization and told us on day 1 of free agency. He helped us win a championship no doubt but we also were the best owners/team he could have asked for at this stage in his career. Will always go down as a hero for us. Best of luck with the clippers but Raps till i die! 

• Like 1

Harden and Westbrook reunited:

Oklahoma City Thunder have traded Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Paul in a swapping of top point guards. The Thunder also are getting first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, plus the right to swap first-rounders in two other seasons.

33 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Harden and Westbrook reunited:

Oklahoma City Thunder have traded Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Paul in a swapping of top point guards. The Thunder also are getting first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, plus the right to swap first-rounders in two other seasons.

The Rockets do realise that the game is played with only one ball on the court at any one time, don't they?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The Rockets do realise that the game is played with only one ball on the court at any one time, don't they?

My prediction for the 2019/20 Houston Rockets.

ItsMine.JPG.56a123600fbc5bb807859fabad81df9b.JPG

• Haha 1