Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

45 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Going to watch the Nets v Magic in March, so I've started following it a bit. Even bought 2K20 lol 

2K20 is a game with so much potential but so many little snags that are just annoying. 

Can't quit out of a game in the rec center online back into the neighbourhood without closing the game down and rebooting. 

Your friend sends you an invite to their neighbourhood, sometimes (often) it drops you in a random neighbourhood without your friend. 

Can't see someone who joins your rec center team's full stats like field goal percentage, 3 point percentage, turnovers - just get the basic points, assists, rebounds. 

The career mode for My player is excellent though, well worth playing. 

I wonder stat wise what LeBron's impact on each team he's played at is, Cavs were never really up there with the top teams, and neither were the Lakers but both have seemingly done a lot better since he joined their side, and similarly since he left Cavs they're right at the bottom of the conference table again.

Is it mainly his doing or are there other team mates also contributing to their success? 

Edited by E.Rose

31 minutes ago, E.Rose said:

I wonder stat wise what LeBron's impact on each team he's played at is, Cavs were never really up their with the top teams, and neither were the Lakers but both have seemingly done a lot better since he joined their side, and similarly since he left Cavs they're right at the bottom of the conference table again.

Is it mainly his doing or are there other team mates also contributing to their success? 

I would say it's almost impossible to win an NBA title without a superstar player of the calibre of LeBron. But conversely I would also say it is almost impossible for them to win a title on their own. Even the best players need a stellar supporting cast. Look at LeBron in his first stint with the Cavs. Couldn't do it. Had to go to Miami and with the support of Wade and Bosh he finally did it. Even when he came back to the Cavs I doubt he wins them a title without Kyrie and Love. You need a viable second (and even third) scoring option. And even then you still need other teammates who hustle on defense, and who are willing to put their bodies on the line and do the dirty work, like setting screens, boxing out for rebounds and diving for loose balls.

1 hour ago, E.Rose said:

I wonder stat wise what LeBron's impact on each team he's played at is, Cavs were never really up their with the top teams, and neither were the Lakers but both have seemingly done a lot better since he joined their side, and similarly since he left Cavs they're right at the bottom of the conference table again.

He’s amazing and would obviously improve every team...however teams cripple themselves looking at short term success while they have him so they are bound to be in a bad place when he moves on. 

1 hour ago, E.Rose said:

0F06C700-494E-40F7-AD86-125BE05A92E8.thumb.jpeg.8b9710b63e220bbb2194151ec47fcae6.jpeg

Now at 1.5 million signatures, what are your thoughts, good idea or not? 

I think for any of us who has watched him play the man was one of the greatest of all time. No questioning, no guessing a legend.

I guess you could say why not jordan? Why not dr j or some other legend? The nba will definitely honour kobe in some form whether thats naming a trophy after him or the all star game etc.  

Im not against it as i understand his impact on the game but just because he is gone we dont need knee jerk changes. Lets think about who kobe was, talk to his family and one day figure out what is the most fitting way to honour him from an nba point of view or more. 

Its clear to see Kobe's biggest love was his family. I respect any man more for being a family man than anything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I think for any of us who has watched him play the man was one of the greatest of all time. No questioning, no guessing a legend.

I guess you could say why not jordan? Why not dr j or some other legend? The nba will definitely honour kobe in some form whether thats naming a trophy after him or the all star game etc.  

Im not against it as i understand his impact on the game but just because he is gone we dont need knee jerk changes. Lets think about who kobe was, talk to his family and one day figure out what is the most fitting way to honour him from an nba point of view or more. 

Its clear to see Kobe's biggest love was his family. I respect any man more for being a family man than anything else.

I agree, I 100% think something should be done to honour him, and this idea is great in my opinion but as you say it may be better to make this decision at another time and explore other options first. 

I've signed the petition nonetheless, not sure if it will lead to anything but we'll see 😊

11 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Good post and agree 100%. All star MVP trophy being named after him would perhaps be a nice touch, nobody has won it more times than him. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Is NBA 2k20 any good? Used to absolutely adore those games but heard they sold their souls for microtransactions which puts me off.

I only have 19 and I think it's great. I would assume 20 would be on par or better.

Some of the game modes temp with the micro trans, but I was able to play without spending any money.

On 01/02/2020 at 09:56, Ozwin said:

Is NBA 2k20 any good? Used to absolutely adore those games but heard they sold their souls for microtransactions which puts me off.

Obviously the lure is there I can't say it isn't, but you definitely don't need it. I play MyCareer (dont play any other modes) and my character is a 97. 

The storyline for MyCareer is brilliant. 

I used to play My team but it's a bit like Ultimate Team and everyone just ends up with Uber teams and you just get hammered. 

How about my raptors baby massive come back last night to keep the streak alive and set a team record for straight wins. Feel good story really but so proud of the guys for how well we have done without kawho haha.

Hope we can take this fight into the playoffs and succeed although i know thats where we might miss kawhi a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...