Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Bulls are gonna be shit again next season but 2019 looks bright. The infants we have on the roster have the potential to be quality. I hope we don't give LaVine the max deal, I'm not sure he's worth all that money.

Glad LBJ has left the Cavs though.

Edited by General Smuts

4 hours ago, General Smuts said:

Bulls are gonna be shit again next season but 2019 looks bright. The infants we have on the roster have the potential to be quality. I hope we don't give LaVine the max deal, I'm not sure he's worth all that money.

Glad LBJ has left the Cavs though.

As a Raptors fan i agreelol

Just not right to be in a lakers uniform. He will do well and all that but cant help but see this as a taint on whatever legacy he had in comparisoms to mj and kobe not that he gives a fcuk about it.

Edited by Jattdogg

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

As a Raptors fan i agreelol

Just not right to be in a lakers uniform. He will do well and all that but cant help but see this as a taint on whatever legacy he had in comparisoms to mj and kobe not that he gives a fcuk about it.

He already tainted any legacy he might have had by leaving Cleveland the first time. He was never going to be MJ or even Kobe anyway but has made sure he won't be now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, martyn said:

DeMarcus Cousins to the Warriors? WTF.

As long as the injury hasn't completely ruined him, the rest of the league may as well give up.

According to ESPN...

"The Warriors, already -110 favorites to win the 2019 NBA championship at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, jumped to -150 favorites when Cousins' impending signing was reported.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the 2018-19 Warriors will be the sixth team in NBA history -- and first since the 1975-76 Celtics -- to have five All-Stars from the previous season."

Three-peat here we come... Woo Hoo!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ain't nobody scared of LeBron in the west lol he knows he's gonna get checked. 

He kept bullying those little dinosaurs but the West already going against the boogeyman that is the Dubs so he's not all that compared to when he was in the east. 

Edited by the fox

• 1 month later...
On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:13, pds said:

Never been a basketball fan but recently started taking my kids to the odd Riders game after we got free tickets. Really enjoyed it and this has led to me reading more and more about the NBA. Decided to get an old NBA2k16 game on the PS4 and have pretty much not stopped playing it for the last few weeks once the kids are in bed.

Had no particular pull towards any team so decided to let the computer randomly pick a team for me to play with and ended up with Memphis Grizzlies. Told myself I would make an effort to try and watch next season, have been reading up about them and noticed they have some pretty impressive losing streaks :frusty:

Have got massively into this. I read up a lot about the Grizzlies before the season and decided to go for them. I liked the fact that they were not really fancied and were seen as a team built on effort and discipline rather than flair. I watched the draft and got really involved. Then Sky got the rights meaning I can watch. Have watched or recorded nearly every match shown so far and I'm loving it. Grizzlies were on Sky on Sunday evening for the first time so managed to watch that. Feels slightly surreal that a team I chose mainly because they were seen as s**t are now sitting on top of the West.  :D

On a side note, my son chose the Raptors cos he's into dinosaurs - they top the East.

• 3 weeks later...

Been an interesting season so far.

Toronto the outstanding team clearly, they are genuine contenders for the title with Kawhi. Although GSW can clearly go through the gears on a whim. Surprising how well Sacramento,Dallas and Memphis (although return of Conley was always going to impact positively) are doing. Doncic the outstanding rookie so far as expected.

Houston the biggest disappointment. 

6 hours ago, martyn said:

Been an interesting season so far.

Toronto the outstanding team clearly, they are genuine contenders for the title with Kawhi. Although GSW can clearly go through the gears on a whim. Surprising how well Sacramento,Dallas and Memphis (although return of Conley was always going to impact positively) are doing. Doncic the outstanding rookie so far as expected.

Houston the biggest disappointment. 

Doncic will be a star for years to come in this league, I watched the Mavs against the Rockets and he went on an 11-0 run himself down the stretch to win them the game. It was brilliant to watch, the calmness, making the correct decisions, backing his ability, fantastic stuff. 

He will walk ROY this year, in fact, call the engravers now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Doncic will be a star for years to come in this league, I watched the Mavs against the Rockets and he went on an 11-0 run himself down the stretch to win them the game. It was brilliant to watch, the calmness, making the correct decisions, backing his ability, fantastic stuff. 

He will walk ROY this year, in fact, call the engravers now. 

That was brilliant, especially as Harden had been talking trash to him earlier in the game.

I've been a Heat fan since the early 2000's when I first got into it and I can't remember a time as grim as now. 

In the early days we had Wade and Shaq carrying the team, then the big three came and the LBJ era and now it's an era of an ageing legend and little else. 

Overpaying players that aren't good enough and having stars that are either on their way out (Dragic) or just a star one minute and absolutely nothing for the next 7 games (Whiteside). I don't actually think I've seen a more infuriating team (the current Leicester side is pretty close mind) than this lot. 

We have some promising youngsters but it just feels like a team of average players with a star piece to the puzzle with a horrible attitude. New blood needed. 

On 19/12/2018 at 20:08, HowardsBulletHeader said:

I've been a Heat fan since the early 2000's when I first got into it and I can't remember a time as grim as now. 

In the early days we had Wade and Shaq carrying the team, then the big three came and the LBJ era and now it's an era of an ageing legend and little else. 

Overpaying players that aren't good enough and having stars that are either on their way out (Dragic) or just a star one minute and absolutely nothing for the next 7 games (Whiteside). I don't actually think I've seen a more infuriating team (the current Leicester side is pretty close mind) than this lot. 

We have some promising youngsters but it just feels like a team of average players with a star piece to the puzzle with a horrible attitude. New blood needed. 

Maybe I should complain more often if we're going to beat teams like the Rockets. 

Got a tough stretch coming with the Bucks, Magic and then the Raps. 

• 3 weeks later...

Harden looking more and more like the MVP by the minute, putting the team on his back with Chris Paul out injured. 

I've watched Houston a few times and I don't like their offense, it's just leave it to Harden who bounces it through his legs 1000 times and then shoots a tough jumper. Sometimes it goes, sometimes it doesn't. They've got some useful players, particularly Capela who I feel is underutilised in that kind of team. 

Pacers were on the streak as well until they got stopped by the Raptors. 

The Heat are as inconsistent as ever, doesn't help when you have Mr Inconsistency himself at centre (Whiteside) mind. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Phoenix and the Knicks... Wow, just wow. 13 and 15 consecutive games lost already.

Gone are the glory days.

Lets go Raptors!!!!

Before the raptors were around i was a big time knicks fan in the ewing, houston, oakley and  starks days.