Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

17 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Lets go Raptors!!!!

Before the raptors were around i was a big time knicks fan in the ewing, houston, oakley and  starks days.

What do you make of the Gasol signing? The Memphis forums I go on all tend to be delighted to see the back of him which surprises me considering he was a one club man and seemingly the only one to get points regularly.

4 hours ago, pds said:

What do you make of the Gasol signing? The Memphis forums I go on all tend to be delighted to see the back of him which surprises me considering he was a one club man and seemingly the only one to get points regularly.

Im on the fence about it.

On the one hand loved what Valanciunas brought to our game. Decent player but gasol at this current time is a better player for us no questions asked. 

My concern is that gasol is much older and its basically a win now player. With leonard possibly only here this season (lets be honest he isnt signing an extension with us everyone knows that) and lowry still doing really well this is like THE season to go all out and win it. We ate going for broke and if we dont win anything i think its safe to say we will look to offload gasol and lowry in the offseason and go young. Would have been nice to still have JV though.

I dont think anyone is beating the warriors though.  With lebron in the west anything is possible. Bucks are playing really well but playoffs are always a different story. Just look at how my Raptors always get pwned. Without demar and bringing in kawhi and gasol i think that changes.

Trade deadline has made the East really interesting.

Still fancy Toronto (Playoff Kawhi and addition of Gasol), or Bucks (best player, coach + lots of outside shooting to complement) out of the east.

Sixers starting 5 is great (although I'm not sold on Simmons come play-off time), but think their bench gets scored on heavily

Edited by martyn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Raptors still looking good and in best pre-playoff shape - hope they can get past Milwaukee and clinch 1st place in the end.

Meanwhile, Dirk Nowitzki has now surpassed Wilt Chamberlain in the all-time scoring list:

http://global.nba.com/news/nowitzki-passes-wilt-but-pelicans-top-mavericks-129-125-in-ot/?cid=trafficdriver:nbacom:homepage

That takes some effort, and Nowitzki is now only some 850 points behind Jordan...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Raptors still looking good and in best pre-playoff shape - hope they can get past Milwaukee and clinch 1st place in the end.

Meanwhile, Dirk Nowitzki has now surpassed Wilt Chamberlain in the all-time scoring list:

http://global.nba.com/news/nowitzki-passes-wilt-but-pelicans-top-mavericks-129-125-in-ot/?cid=trafficdriver:nbacom:homepage

That takes some effort, and Nowitzki is now only some 850 points behind Jordan...

Dirk is one of my sporting idols. I think he'd be tempted to come back for another year to play with Doncic and Porzingis. It all depends on if the body is willing. He's struggles to get around the court these days.

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The Warriors obviously thought they could handle the Mavs at home even without Stephen Curry. Well they reckoned without Old Man Dirk turning back the clock and got blown out by 35.

Doncic with the triple double in that one too.

On 24/03/2019 at 15:00, Jattdogg said:

Detroit losing on purpose to get 7th seed as they fancy their chances against the Raptors.  I dont blame them im worried as a raptors fan if we get them first round lol

They can't afford to lose on purpose, Orlando and Charlotte are pushing hard for a playoff spot.

No time to get wasteful.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

They can't afford to lose on purpose, Orlando and Charlotte are pushing hard for a playoff spot.

No time to get wasteful.

Dont see Charlotte  catching Detroit but anything is possible but 6-9  place up for grabs 

OKLAHOMA CITY — Russell Westbrook became just the second player in NBA history to have 20 points, 20 rebounds and 20 assists in a game as the Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the Los Angeles Lakers 119-103 Tuesday night.

Westbrook clinched the mark with a rebound in the final minute, drawing a large ovation from the home crowd. He finished with 20 points, 20 rebound and 21 assists.

Wilt Chamberlain is the only other player to accomplish the feat. He had 22 points, 25 rebounds and 21 assists in a game in 1968.

13 hours ago, spacemunky said:

OKLAHOMA CITY — Russell Westbrook became just the second player in NBA history to have 20 points, 20 rebounds and 20 assists in a game as the Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the Los Angeles Lakers 119-103 Tuesday night.

Westbrook clinched the mark with a rebound in the final minute, drawing a large ovation from the home crowd. He finished with 20 points, 20 rebound and 21 assists.

Wilt Chamberlain is the only other player to accomplish the feat. He had 22 points, 25 rebounds and 21 assists in a game in 1968.

Great player. 

• Like 1

Playoff pairings are now set in stone - my favourites in bold:

EAST

Milwaukee vs. Detroit

Toronto vs. Orlando

Philadelphia vs. Brooklyn

Boston vs. Indiana

WEST

Golden State vs. Los Angeles Clippers

Denver vs. San Antonio

Houston vs. Oklahoma

Portland vs. Utah

Final: Toronto vs. Golden State. :D

14 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

No they aren't.

Alright, one more round to go. I don't expect much to change, even if teams in the East such as Brooklyn, Orlando or Detroit could potentially still swap places - as could Oklahoma, San Antonio or the Clippers in the West.