Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Cov fight last year

They acted like cunts - you can attempt to belittle their behaviour if you want but the bottom line is that they acted in a violent manner. This behaviour isn't acceptable at a football match as it isn't acceptable anywhere else.

"they had a fight at football for gods sake" = they deserve everything coming to them for being twats. End of.

I just think the punishment outweighs the crime - u say violence isnt accepted anywhere else which is true however if an innocent person gets attacked in the street by some p1ssed up guy then the offender wouldn't get 10 months in jail.

Why is it that Rangers fans on this forum always seem to feel the need to defend willy puller behaviour and make constant references to paedophilia and rape? It's like some kind of obsession. :dunno:

They acted like cunts - you can attempt to belittle their behaviour if you want but the bottom line is that they acted in a violent manner. This behaviour isn't acceptable at a football match as it isn't acceptable anywhere else.

"they had a fight at football for gods sake" = they deserve everything coming to them for being twats. End of.

:wave: I don't.

I just think the punishment outweighs the crime - u say violence isnt accepted anywhere else which is true however if an innocent person gets attacked in the street by some p1ssed up guy then the offender wouldn't get 10 months in jail.

There is no offence of "football hooliganism" per se. Offenders can be charged with any number of offences, which will determine the sentence.

You then also have the problem in who is pressing charges, what evidence is available etc, as to what the charge is. The CPS is going to go with the offence that is most likely to secure a conviction. Where there are 100 men brawling in the middle of the day, it might be easier to prove something kicked off than a person on a night out being beaten up where any witnesses are just as likely to be as pissed up as the attacker.

At the end of the day, a lot of grown men went out with the intention of beating up some other grown men. The whys and wherefores mean nothing to me.

Like I said earlier, I really wish things were as easy as some people like to make out.

If the plod actually solved the majority of crimes and managed to lock up more than a tiny percentage of criminals then I'd think these sentences were fine.

However, when I took a kicking or was slashed, the police couldn't give a fook. This is the same with most people that are the victims of unprovoked attacks. The police bleat on about how they haven't got the resources to investigate it further and for the odd one who they do get hold of, a lot of the perpetrators don't even do time because the prisons are apparently full.

That's why I disasgree with quite so much time, money and cells being taken up by c*nts who had actually been phoned up by some other monkeys and asked if they could please have a fight with them.

Makes no sense to me.

The fact this violence was linked to football made the punishments twice as bad.

To true Thomas.

I have read about Darren Smith in one of my hooligan books, Top Boys. On the hooligan circuit known as Coalville Daz. :unsure: Surely him branding himself in a book about his football fighting exploits makes him more of a target for Police? Reading about football violence is pretty interesting until it gets dragged in with your club on a wider scale such as this. Some people will never learn.

To true Thomas.

I have read about Darren Smith in one of my hooligan books, Top Boys. On the hooligan circuit known as Coalville Daz. :unsure: Surely him branding himself in a book about his football fighting exploits makes him more of a target for Police? Reading about football violence is pretty interesting until it gets dragged in with your club on a wider scale such as this. Some people will never learn.

Yeah they're not the brightest lads are they. Heard a couple of lads from another firm got banged up after appearing on football factories with danny dyer :rolleyes:

If the plod actually solved the majority of crimes and managed to lock up more than a tiny percentage of criminals then I'd think these sentences were fine.

However, when I took a kicking or was slashed, the police couldn't give a fook. This is the same with most people that are the victims of unprovoked attacks. The police bleat on about how they haven't got the resources to investigate it further and for the odd one who they do get hold of, a lot of the perpetrators don't even do time because the prisons are apparently full.

That's why I disasgree with quite so much time, money and cells being taken up by c*nts who had actually been phoned up by some other monkeys and asked if they could please have a fight with them.

Makes no sense to me.

You've illustrated what I was thinking much more better than I did.

Amazingly, I have found the police very interested whenever I have been the victim of crime - maybe that has something to do with me being sober, calm and helpful? :dunno:

I recently had my car nicked - they created more obstacles in the whole episode than was imaginable. I was given promises which were never delivered but they provided plenty of information proving their actions were right in law. It cost me to have my car fingerprinted! After finding it a few hours after it's theft.

It was reported on Saturday, 8 am in the morning. I was as honest and calm as I could be.

I recently had my car nicked - they created more obstacles in the whole episode than was imaginable. I was given promises which were never delivered but they provided plenty of information proving their actions were right in law. It cost me to have my car fingerprinted! After finding it a few hours after it's theft.

It was reported on Saturday, 8 am in the morning. I was as honest and calm as I could be.

And I had my bike nicked during one night and the next day a team of four of them were doing a door-2-door. I fail to see the relevance as much as I fail to understand why you'd pay for fingerprinting. :dunno:

I referred more to victims of violence being treated in an apparent nonchalant manner; invariably it transpires they were 50% of the initial problem.

I really do wish things were so black and white...

Football violence leads to assaults, abh, gbh, public disorder. If it's ok to arrest beered up blokes on a Friday night for these things, why not football fans? I personally would leave them all to beat each other to a pulp, but unfortunately it's not possible.

As for more serious crime not being on the police radar, wtf? As critical as I am of the police, they can only deal with what is put in front of them. If you think you can do any better, you ought to sign up!!

Exactly, if they want to beat the hell out of each other then let them, unfortunately innocent, unsuspecting members of the public get caught up in it. That's when it becomes a real problem, as it doesn't just involve a load of twats who think it's "cool" to assault someone for the dispicable crime of supporting another football team.

Amazingly, I have found the police very interested whenever I have been the victim of crime - maybe that has something to do with me being sober, calm and helpful? :dunno:

Whatever your personal experiences mate, in 2007 less than 2 in every 100 crimes reported to the police led to a prosecution.

Whatever your personal experiences mate, in 2007 less than 2 in every 100 crimes reported to the police led to a prosecution.

All the more reason then to delight in them over-coming the odds to put these tossers behind bars :thumbup:

All the more reason then to delight in them over-coming the odds to put these tossers behind bars :thumbup:

Or to think why can they put so much time, money and effort into catching people who are hardly a major menace to society - but they can't actually catch criminals which really affect peoples lives... :whistle:

Football related violence was a problem that needed to be sorted, the government set the penalties, order the police to make it priority and the judges and magistrates have to apply the guidelines set by politicians.

Why blame the police, they would love to give their own punishment!!

Or to think why can they put so much time, money and effort into catching people who are hardly a major menace to society - but they can't actually catch criminals which really affect peoples lives... :whistle:

Come on then, entertain me - how do these ****ers not impact on society?

Having endured the football violence of the 70's and 80's and suffered the consequences such as all seater stadiums, over zealous policing/stewarding, no unreserved seating, changed KO off times, delays in cup replays, expensive ticketing and the fear of going and taking your kids to a game I'm glad they've locked them up.

What many of you seem to be missing is this is how it started before with isolated incidents but then no one did anything about, they were just let off. This behaviour has been shown to escalate and draw in other 'like-minded' supporters and before you know it we'd be having full scale football wars again.

This is without even thinking of all the innocent bystanders who will get injured and every fan of my era can recite incidents where they were either injured, escaped by the skin of their teeth, went in fear of their lives, had their cars wrecked etc. If allowed to escalate it would also have a major impact on attendances, further restrictions on attendance and more expensive ticketing.

For every fan that gets picked on or thrown out of a match and banned for standing you can thank these guys. Whilst this behaviour remains so will all seater stadiums, no politician is going to put their head on the line and voting away all seating and run the risk of upsetting non-football attending constituents.

You can make up all the excuses you like but for me these types have virtually ruined the delight of attending a football match, so I say lock them up and lose the key.

up and down the country every weekend a plethora of like minded retards go out with the emphasis on getting pissed and have fights punch and kick the shit out of each other and end up with nothing more than a fine, in which case 12 months prison and 10year bans seem very very harsh. If this was just a general street brawl then they would have been fined bit of community service and and sent on their way.

However.... I don't like this sort of thing these people have no place in a decent society so I don't exactly feel sorry for them

Archived