Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

MK Dons

I never said you did.

I just found it ironic that you were complaining about being vilified, yet personal insults were flying from your side of the argument.

While I'm not greatly impressed by Franchise's history, there are other clubs in this division with equally tarnished pasts.

And some fans may feel that Leicester City are one of them.

I never said you did.

I just found it ironic that you were complaining about being vilified, yet personal insults were flying from your side of the argument.

While I'm not greatly impressed by Franchise's history, there are other clubs in this division with equally tarnished pasts.

Good point actually.

I never said you did.

OK fine, but I still feel that there is a difference between clubs who have had poor reputations in the past (and present) due to the actions of their supposed "fans", and a club who was stolen from its community and moved seventy miles up the road, had its identity stripped and rebranded and was allowed to retain the league place of the previous incarnation of the club.

All clubs have morons who support them, that's a given. To boycott certain teams because of their fans reputation would be stupid. But to me, Franchise FC represents everything wrong with the modern game and I refuse to acknowledge them as a legitimate league club because of that.

I'm sure most people disagree with that view nowadays and are happy to allow the "Dons" to get on with their day to day business like any other league club, but I'm afraid I just can't let this go. If what happened to Wimbledon were to happen to Leicester, I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone on this forum who would support such a move.

For me, this is one of those occasions where being a football fan is more important than being a Leicester fan.

Just my personal opinion. :thumbup:

Ok.

As long as Tommo's not going, if he is I'm jumping in with him.

Oh and its unlikelyI'll still have the Megane by this game.

Guessing your trading it in for a more economical model.......

Hey, it's a personal choice. I just dislike being villified for mine.

Same here, nothing personal mate :thumbup: I've a lot of respect for the majority of stuff you post on here, but on this subject I have to disagree.

OK fine, but I still feel that there is a difference between clubs who have had poor reputations in the past (and present) due to the actions of their supposed "fans", and a club who was stolen from its community and moved seventy miles up the road, had its identity stripped and rebranded and was allowed to retain the league place of the previous incarnation of the club.

All clubs have morons who support them, that's a given. To boycott certain teams because of their fans reputation would be stupid. But to me, Franchise FC represents everything wrong with the modern game and I refuse to acknowledge them as a legitimate league club because of that.

I'm sure most people disagree with that view nowadays and are happy to allow the "Dons" to get on with their day to day business like any other league club, but I'm afraid I just can't let this go. If what happened to Wimbledon were to happen to Leicester, I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone on this forum who would support such a move.

For me, this is one of those occasions where being a football fan is more important than being a Leicester fan.

Just my personal opinion. :thumbup:

I think it's more like 80 actually :P .

And that would depend on where they moved to ;) . Nah just joking like.

Is it true were getting 8000? :S

I'd be surprised as the ground only holds 22,000 and that would surely mean too many seats passed over to away supporters. Leeds were allocated 5000 and I imagine we'd take the same.

does anyone one if there is a direct train from leicester, or where there is one from???

There isn't a direct train to MK but I wouldn't advise going to MK Central anyway as it's miles away from the ground. Your best bet is Leicester to Bletchley, about a 10 minute walk from the ground. That one changes at Bedford I believe. Should be about £18 on a Young Person's Railcard.

Archived