Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

MK Dons

Anti-Franchise football. That's the point. :thumbup:

excuse my appalling general knowledge, but whats a franchise club?

it will take some convincing for me to agree with boycotting this game im afraid, which i wont be doing either way

excuse my appalling general knowledge, but whats a franchise club?

it will take some convincing for me to agree with boycotting this game im afraid, which i wont be doing either way

MK Dons were founded because Wimbledon FC were moved from their original home in South London seventy miles up the road to Milton Keynes, an idea based on the principles of American leagues like the NFL, NHL etc. Hence the Franchise tag.

It's not something I agree with and think it set a dangerous precendet for English sports, i.e. clubs being moved on a whim just because a particular town has a commercial demand for league football to be played there.

In short, MK Dons were founded because some twat decided to steal someone else's football team.

That's why I won't be in attendance. :thumbup:

MK Dons were founded because Wimbledon FC were moved from their original home in South London seventy miles up the road to Milton Keynes, an idea based on the principles of American leagues like the NFL, NHL etc. Hence the Franchise tag.

It's not something I agree with and think it set a dangerous precendet for English sports, i.e. clubs being moved on a whim just because a particular town has a commercial demand for league football to be played there.

In short, MK Dons were founded because some twat decided to steal someone else's football team.

That's why I won't be in attendance. :thumbup:

Thats like the 15th time you've gone through this.

And yet no ones bothered still.

You seem pretty bothered about it. You seem to reply almost immediately every time I make said point.

At the end of the day mate, you're doing what you believe is right. I'm going to the match because it's what I believe is right.

I don't agree with what you are doing, but then again, it's probably the same thing you think about what I'm doing.

Maybe we should call an end to this discussion, it seems we're going round in circles?

Just like your replies dude.

Yeah, well you're the one making the initial response to me making actual points. You don't seem to have any points of your own, so you just try and goad me by saying crap like "no one gives a fcuk" or "you're boring everyone".

If you were making a constructive argument and posting what you think about the situation then I'd be more than happy for you to make these immediate responses to my points so I could debate with you, but you don't because you haven't an intelligent point to make or anything relevant to say.

Yeah, well you're the one making the initial response to me making actual points. You don't seem to have any points of your own, so you just try and goad me by saying crap like "no one gives a fcuk" or "you're boring everyone".

If you were making a constructive argument and posting what you think about the situation then I'd be more than happy for you to make these immediate responses to my points so I could debate with you, but you don't because you haven't an intelligent point to make or anything relevant to say.

Cool.

At the end of the day mate, you're doing what you believe is right. I'm going to the match because it's what I believe is right.

I don't agree with what you are doing, but then again, it's probably the same thing you think about what I'm doing.

Maybe we should call an end to this discussion, it seems we're going round in circles?

OK, fine. I respect what other people have to say and the decisions they make, but if people insist on making arbitrary and unintelligent posts about the subject then I feel I need to defend my decision.

I agree though, this debate probably belongs somewhere else on the forum.

You seem pretty bothered about it. You seem to reply almost immediately every time I make said point.

Yeah because you've stated you won't be attending this game a million times, so why do you keep coming in this thread? You've gave your reasons why you won't be going which is fair enough.

But going over and over on the same thing is not going to change anyone else's view. You have yours and they have theirs.

At the end of the day, the move has happened, nothing you do or say, will change it. Winkleman doesn't care or else he wouldn't have made the move would he. I'm sure the £20 odd pound that you won't be spending there will be no big loss to him.

I too believe what's happened with Wimbledon/MK Dons is wrong, a farce. But it's happened.

As Maybes has said, I'll be going, but only to support my team.

Or -

Kick up a fuss about something that, your non-attendance will not change, nor anyone else care about.

Not really. I don't give a flying toss if people care. I know that, morally, I am doing the right thing. If others want to sell their soul then thats their choice.

Just ingnore him, he's a tit who doesn't really know anything about football. You can't expect someone like him to understand.

Oh and this will also be just like cov scum away. (shite) ;)

Not really. I don't give a flying toss if people care. I know that, morally, I am doing the right thing. If others want to sell their soul then thats their choice.

Just ingnore him, he's a tit who doesn't really know anything about football. You can't expect someone like him to understand.

Considering you've bragged on here about boycotting your own team (as well as the Franchise), I reckon he understands perfectly well, and most readers will know who the "tit" is..

I dont see why people are moaning tbh. Yes fair enough they moved further up the M1 and changed their name but its the past now. It happened years ago. Its not going to change the fact that were playing them.

At the end of the day its a game of football and you'll follow your team.

Its not like your going to boycott Chelsea because they have a Russian owner or Man City because of their owner? Like i said its a football game, were the away team, so just get behind the team.

Slate me all you want, but that's my view anyway and everyone is entitled to have their own opinion.

Archived