Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

MK Dons

As far as effecting us goes, I only think it will mean more chance of taking 4,000 and not 5,000 due to fans boycotting. Makes no difference to Leicester IMO.

No - not the boycotting, the ability for clubs to upsticks and be relocated.

The emotion involved in this goes beyond one match, it is something which speaks for football in the future. It is something which is built on an emotion which hopes to preserve a sense of football for years to come - this club is a bastardised version of a club which has no more right to play us as it does to wear a frock and dance the tango with the ghost of Princess Diana.

People electing not to go are doing so for very valid reasons.

Unfortunately, as with most things to do with the heart, the objection to this club existing takes on emotive terms - that people are losing their soul. Unfortunately, football lost its soul a long time ago and so this no longer holds any sway as an argument.

I am choosing to go for very justifiable reasons - it gets me away from the wife and the kids for an entire afternoon.

No - not the boycotting, the ability for clubs to upsticks and be relocated.

The emotion involved in this goes beyond one match, it is something which speaks for football in the future. It is something which is built on an emotion which hopes to preserve a sense of football for years to come - this club is a bastardised version of a club which has no more right to play us as it does to wear a frock and dance the tango with the ghost of Princess Diana.

People electing not to go are doing so for very valid reasons.

Unfortunately, as with most things to do with the heart, the objection to this club existing takes on emotive terms - that people are losing their soul. Unfortunately, football lost its soul a long time ago and so this no longer holds any sway as an argument.

I am choosing to go for very justifiable reasons - it gets me away from the wife and the kids for an entire afternoon.

True, but I can't see Mandaric moving us to Gloucester.

It's not about the short-term :rolleyes:

Well how many teams apart from MK Dons have moved completely? I can't think of any and because they got such a negative reaction I can't see many teams copying their example. I don't see the point.

Well how many teams apart from MK Dons have moved completely? I can't think of any and because they got such a negative reaction I can't see many teams copying their example. I don't see the point.

But the point is, those with money don't really give a toss how strong a reaction they get.

You think Sheik Whoever would have gone "oh, I best not do that again" if Kaka had come and been boo'd every touch he took for earning such a sick wage? No. He'd be hooking up the next multibillionaire to push his team on.

Winkleman, Wankleman, Wonkleman, whatever his name is - he doesn't give a toss what you think, what banners you take to wave or whatever you do. He only cares about his revenue.

While MK Dons are a lucrative business, others will always be tempted to do so unless sanctions are made to prevent it happening.

Personally, I don't hate the man nor do I hate the club. I have some sympathy for Wimbledon's fans, but let's face it - they were always a fooking shit supported club anyway. Nobody gave a toss about them before this happened, if they'd have fallen through the divisions to some rightful, lowly spot then nobody would have batted an eyelid and gone "you know what? I really miss Wimbledon." The bloke brought the club and kept it going in whatever capacity he could. I don't like it, but while the rules exist you can't really loathe him for doing it.

The people you want to pick fault with are the football authorities that allowed it to happen and have left it a potential evil in the future of football.

Arsenal moved across London, Leigh RMI have moved and changed name twice since, the newest name is genesis

Away Fans:

North Stand: Adults £17, Concessions £12, Juniors £7

Prices taken from www.footballgroundguide.com

However, I can see MK Dons increasing the prices for us.

we have one band of ticket prices and they stay in place for every league game

We'll only get 4k, but it's annoying as Franchise are rarely capable of getting over 10k :rolleyes: .

some people will be disapointed to hear you say that!

our average attendance this season last time i checked was just over 10,000,  as you are one of the larger clubs in the division i can see us getting another high attendance

we can only give a certain amount to away fans due to safety certificates until the stadium s complete

Arsenal moved across London, Leigh RMI have moved and changed name twice since, the newest name is genesis

we have one band of ticket prices and they stay in place for every league game

some people will be disapointed to hear you say that!

our average attendance this season last time i checked was just over 10,000,  as you are one of the larger clubs in the division i can see us getting another high attendance

we can only give a certain amount to away fans due to safety certificates until the stadium s complete

I use the term loosely Sir, just the done thing these days :P .

I know I shouldn't open this can of worms again but I'm bored. Here goes.

Considering you've bragged on here about boycotting your own team (as well as the Franchise), I reckon he understands perfectly well, and most readers will know who the "tit" is..

I'm not boycotting my own team. The money your going to fork out on this day will virtually all go to Mk ****** and their club, not to LCFC. How you claim that is beyond me.

I dont see why people are moaning tbh. Yes fair enough they moved further up the M1 and changed their name but its the past now. It happened years ago. Its not going to change the fact that were playing them.

At the end of the day its a game of football and you'll follow your team.

Its not like your going to boycott Chelsea because they have a Russian owner or Man City because of their owner? Like i said its a football game, were the away team, so just get behind the team.

Slate me all you want, but that's my view anyway and everyone is entitled to have their own opinion.

Let me take Gam£ 39 as an example, as people seem quite against this. If the premiership went ahead and did play an extra match abroad, would you go and watch it, to "support your team" and because "Its already happpened so theres nothing you can do"

And most people don't give a flying toss if you're not going.

Selling my soul? Get a grip. If you were doing the right thing, you'd be there to support Leicester.

As I already said.

Selling your soul, maybe OTT. But at the end of the day we both know that the team would perform just as well without fans as they would with it, and with the amount of Salmons that will turn up for this one it really wouldn't suprise me if they'd do better without any.

can I get a direct train there with my soul intact?

lol

:thumbup: Made me laugh that !

not the point, the point is supporting leicester city, i cant believe that people would not turn up at a game because the opposition moved their club to another city how in any form does that effect leicester city?

It doesn't affect Leicester city, it affects football. What they did was wrong and I feel for every single Wimbledon fan.

I am a football fan, not just a Leicester city fan.

It doesn't affect Leicester city, it affects football. What they did was wrong and I feel for every single Wimbledon fan.

They were getting 1500 crowds in their last season so based on away fans being present I reckon there's only 500 or so who were watching them at the end that you need feel for.

AFC Wimbledon under their new ownership (but still not supported by Merton Council) attract more. They are now a thriving club albeit in the lower echilons of football. Hopefully one day we'll see them take their place in the Football League and who knows with a bit of luck it may be at the cost of the Dons.

In the meantime, I'll be at the game without any fear of having sold my soul. I might have sold my arsehole before then but there's a credit crunch and needs must.

Archived