Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

32 Foxes fans ejected at Sixfields

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/Pa...oxes.4938714.jp

The Cobblers lost 2-1 to Leicester City on Saturday and although police said there was no trouble at the match, a number of Leicester City fans who had secured tickets for the home end of the stadium were asked to leave during the match.

A spokesman for the Cobblers said: "Thirty-two supporters were ejected from the match. There was no trouble as such and they were asked to leave.

"When you have a ground with a small capacity you have an ongoing problem. The number of tickets we have is completely inadequate for the number they requested.

"We do put procedures in place to stop away supporters buying tickets, but a small number got through."

He said anyone who had experienced problems with abusive behaviour from away fans sitting in the home end during the match should contact the club.

Kirk Knowles, from Brixworth, took his sons, aged four and six, to the match, but left at half-time because of the intimidating atmosphere and foul language used during the match.

He said: "Why didn't they segregate it properly? How were supporters allowed to buy all these tickets in the first place?

"My sons could hear all the language. I had an argument with the guy sat behind me and his retort was 'If you don't like it, don't come'.

"I'm angry about it – I feel that my kids were potentially put in a dangerous situation," he added.

it was easy to get tickets for this game

i sat in the home end and was respectful, staying in my seat when leicester scored, keeping my mouth shut and just watching the game and standing and applauding (reluctanly :giggle: )when cobblers scored!!

must admit, its unique and you get to appreciate the game differently by just concentrating on watching!!

what i found awkward was the reaction of a lot of the cobblers fans when they realised there were city fans in their end.

grown men with young kids standing with whole load of aggresion, which only made the situation worse.

of course, there is no half measures and segregation is neccersary to keep out the trouble makers but from what i saw the city fans were not rubbing it in

cobblers fans faces and were , on the whole, appreciative of the fact they were in 'enemy territory'.

also, 32 fans were ejected for not showing similar levels of restraint which is understandable, but there were lots more city fans around me who kept quiet. it was obvious!!

That guy sounds like a clown, how can he blame it on Leicester fans about foul language.

Don't take your kids to football if you don't want them to hear it.

Saying that their going to hear sooner or later at school or whatever.

"We do put procedures in place to stop away supporters buying tickets, but a small number got through."

Kirk Knowles, from Brixworth, took his sons, aged four and six, to the match, but left at half-time because of the intimidating atmosphere and foul language used during the match.

Hopefully a large number got through, but only a small number were silly enough not to keep their heads down! :crylaugh:

This bloke is not being realistic. At football matches, you will hear some abusive language and chanting (I hope!). He should have taken his kids to a lower-profile match or ensured they were in a family-friendly area - and still been realistic enough to expect the odd cuss!

Also, as long as there's no real threat of violence (I didn't see any), kids are less bothered about this than most parents think. In the 1970s, I went on packed terraces from age 8 (not 4, admittedly, that might be a bit young). I wasn't bothered and I was quite a timid lad. Send that man a bumper pack of cotton wool, not football tickets!

The never sold out - there was no excuse for them not increasing the size of City's allocation and they made piss all attempt at preventing people buying tickets in Cobblers sections.

I know that my lad will hear some naughty words when he comes, football is an emotive game - but there's a limit. There is a line between blurting out the odd swear word and someone who has all the symptoms of Tourettes. Some people just use a match as a form of therapy for every piece of angst they have in day2day life by spending 90 minutes being as foul and abusive as possible, this simply isn't acceptable.

There is 'supporting your team' & 'being vocal' and then there is 'being a total and utter twat'.

People like the ignorant dickhead behind me on Saturday deserve removing from football grounds for life.

You deserve to get ejected if it's obvious you're an opposition supporter in the wrong end.

I often have to sit in the wrong end, and even sometimes have to do my homework on the other team so I can hold a conversation with any fans who want to talk to me.

Anyone who thinks they can just waltz into the wrong end with a LCFC shirt singing LCFC songs are living on cloud cuckoo land.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/Pa...oxes.4938714.jp

The Cobblers lost 2-1 to Leicester City on Saturday and although police said there was no trouble at the match, a number of Leicester City fans who had secured tickets for the home end of the stadium were asked to leave during the match.

A spokesman for the Cobblers said: "Thirty-two supporters were ejected from the match. There was no trouble as such and they were asked to leave.

"When you have a ground with a small capacity you have an ongoing problem. The number of tickets we have is completely inadequate for the number they requested.

He said anyone who had experienced problems with abusive behaviour from away fans sitting in the home end during the match should contact the club.

He said: "Why didn't they segregate it properly? How were supporters allowed to buy all these tickets in the first place?

"My sons could hear all the language. I had an argument with the guy sat behind me and his retort was 'If you don't like it, don't come'.

"I'm angry about it – I feel that my kids were potentially put in a dangerous situation," he added.

There's a cinema not far from sixfeilds maybe he'd have been better off taking his lad's to watch a disney film,that would have saved them from all the abuse and freed up some seats for more city fans! :whistle:

There's a cinema not far from sixfeilds maybe he'd have been better off taking his lad's to watch a disney film,that would have saved them from all the abuse and freed up some seats for more city fans! :whistle:

The idea that you shouldn't take your kids to a game unless you're prepared to accept any level of abusive language is , in your parlance, bollox. As Daggers said some bad language is to be expected but to be sat next to a moron with a vocabulary of two words, one starting with F and the other with C is not.

The ground was nowhere near sold out, they could have moved a group of Northampton fans to behind the goal, filled that stand and then put the Leicester fans along the side bit.

It is wrong for away fans to actively support their team in the home end- sitting on their hands is fine (and they weren't taking tickets from home fans either), but moving some of the away fans and putting them in the aisles, then asking everyone in my area to make room for them isn't right.

The segregation was ridiculous anyway.

We had to go through the same turnstiles (the side stand) that Northampton fans were going through, and were told to either go left if we were away fans, or right if we were home fans. No-one checked our ticket when we went left, and no-one was there to check our ticket should we have gone right.

:dunno:

To perhaps go with the 200 seats in the north stand that weren't occupied while people stood freezing on the hill outside!. .

Northampton only have themselves to blame.

Piss poor allocation of away tickets given the amount of unused seats around the ground.

When I booked my tickets (for the home end) I was told that proof of residence was required. Although not a problem for me given my Northants postcode, this would have prevented a lot of our mischievous fans causing upset. Upon turning up to collect my tickets, the checks were ignored.

Having sat in the west stand, I did witness some of the altercations that erupted when our goals went in. The incidents were few and far between and if our fans were being disrespectful then they deserve to feel the wrath of the hosts.

There was a large City following camped all around the ground, the vast majority being very respectful and some, including myself, enjoying an element of banter with those around them. Without us, the total gate receipts would have been very poor.

Northampton only have themselves to blame.

Piss poor allocation of away tickets given the amount of unused seats around the ground.

When I booked my tickets (for the home end) I was told that proof of residence was required. Although not a problem for me given my Northants postcode, this would have prevented a lot of our mischievous fans causing upset. Upon turning up to collect my tickets, the checks were ignored.

Having sat in the west stand, I did witness some of the altercations that erupted when our goals went in. The incidents were few and far between and if our fans were being disrespectful then they deserve to feel the wrath of the hosts.

There was a large City following camped all around the ground, the vast majority being very respectful and some, including myself, enjoying an element of banter with those around them. Without us, the total gate receipts would have been very poor.

Considering the attendance was nearly a thousand more than their highest crowd before, we brought some much needed revenue to their club.

Hopefully we'll never play there again, but if we do, I hope Northampton are better prepared.

lol

That Kirk guy is a Salmon of the highest order.

I sat in the home end with my mate and his dad who are both Northamption fans. I saw lots of fans get ejected around me and rightly so. If you are going to buy seats with the home fans you should be respectful and keep your celebrations muted I say, or else you are just asking for trouble!

The idea that you shouldn't take your kids to a game unless you're prepared to accept any level of abusive language is , in your parlance, bollox. As Daggers said some bad language is to be expected but to be sat next to a moron with a vocabulary of two words, one starting with F and the other with C is not.

Pity the guy with the four and six-year-olds was a Northampton fan. He'd have found the perfect atmosphere in our West Stand.

Pity the guy with the four and six-year-olds was a Northampton fan. He'd have found the perfect atmosphere in our West Stand.

Apparently those that were swearing are season-ticket holders in our West Stand :ph34r:

Apparently those that were swearing are season-ticket holders in our West Stand :ph34r:

It must have been the excitement of having a day away that got to them cos I'd imagine there's more animation in a morgue than most days I've experienced in the West Stand.

Archived