Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

The League Table

Does anyone else find themselves absent-mindedly checking the league table online about 17 times a day, either online or on tellytext? It's not as if its changed between 10:13am and 10:53am due to secret early morning kick-offs, is it? But it's nice to do it....

I find myself doing that quite a lot. It's just comforting. I like to make a mental note of the points that separate us from Milton Keynes.... and then I calculate the number of games whatever craphole occupying 3rd place would have to win in order to displace us from 1st place.

If I'm feeling really frisky, I avert my gaze low enough to work out the points difference between us and Leeds United. Sometimes I don't bother though, because I don't need to. And because it's quite complicated arithmetic.

It is alright to do this, isn't it? I'm not alone? I shouldn't seek help....

Does anyone else find themselves absent-mindedly checking the league table online about 17 times a day, either online or on tellytext? It's not as if its changed between 10:13am and 10:53am due to secret early morning kick-offs, is it? But it's nice to do it....

I find myself doing that quite a lot. It's just comforting. I like to make a mental note of the points that separate us from Milton Keynes.... and then I calculate the number of games whatever craphole occupying 3rd place would have to win in order to displace us from 1st place.

If I'm feeling really frisky, I avert my gaze low enough to work out the points difference between us and Leeds United. Sometimes I don't bother though, because I don't need to. And because it's quite complicated arithmetic.

If your wearing one of those t-shirts in your sig right now, as well the table stuff, then yes I would seek help...

I use to do it whenever we were riding high in the top league but I can't get the same enjoyment no matter how well we are doing it's still D3.

But then I was raised on top flight football.

I use to do it whenever we were riding high in the top league but I can't get the same enjoyment no matter how well we are doing it's still D3.

But then I was raised on top flight football.

Yeh i started liking city in the oneill years....

If your wearing one of those t-shirts in your sig right now, as well the table stuff, then yes I would seek help...

I've not had the chance to do my Nelson Mandela pitch to the City Board yet. It would be the marketing coup of the century. He made prison sexy, like Lloyd Dyer makes football sexy. He's the most enduring icon of his generation and would be the perfect centrepiece for a shirt celebrating our 125th year in the top flight of second-rate football.

• Get Mandela in as Life President
  • Rename the stadium Nelson Mandela Park
  • Every season ticket holder gets a free Nelson Mandela model
  • Home shirt slogan: Free Nelson Mandela
  • Away shirt slogan: Let there be justice for all

I've not had the chance to do my Nelson Mandela pitch to the City Board yet. It would be the marketing coup of the century. He made prison sexy, like Lloyd Dyer makes football sexy. He's the most enduring icon of his generation and would be the perfect centrepiece for a shirt celebrating our 125th year in the top flight of second-rate football.

Be easier if we just played on Nelson Mandela Park and let the Tigers have our stadium. Quite fancy a bit of park footy in comparison to the Walkers.

Yeh, when promotion is guaranteed, we could play him in goal. Opponents wouldn't dare try and score! That would be disrespecting the man!

I do that, Wider. Probably about 10 times a day at various points, mainly because I know it won't last forever. Got to enjoy this while we can, even if it is League One.

One of Flair's mates does it 21 times a day.

Flair is The Greatest Living Englishman ©. His friend must be The Ultimate Warrior.

My feeling is that if you're going to do something, then do it properly. At this point in time. we're heading towards promotion in a manner that befits us*. I'd like us to be ruthless right to the end. We've not had a winning culture; a ruthless streak, for a while now, and it can only do players like Andy King and Ken Mattock good to be part of it.

*Usual caution applies. The form of your team can go down as well as up. Your promotion may be repossessed if you do not keep up with repayments.

I do that as well.

Last year I kept doing the BBC predictor at work, kept doing it over and over again.

This season, I keep uploading the League 1 table, just staring at it giggling and calculate the difference between us and whichever the tinpot club is at third.

It's only natural, Nationwider. It's only natural. ;)

I do that as well.

Last year I kept doing the BBC predictor at work, kept doing it over and over again.

This season, I keep uploading the League 1 table, just staring at it giggling and calculate the difference between us and whichever the tinpot club is at third.

It's only natural, Nationwider. It's only natural. ;)

Yep I did that last year. We always used to stay up :whistle:

Anyway, even though we are in League One, I still get some satisfaction of seeing us riding high at the top. Yeah it's a lower division, but if you look at Notts Forest and Leeds and other clubs who came down, we by far have made it look so easy. Its clear we are on another level here.

Perhaps you should get yourself a real job!

I must confess to doing the same things.

Another symptom of our current success was a less frantic checking of Foxestalk every day during the transfer window for some new signing to replace the crap that we were seeing last year. This time round, I just felt we were doing OK and probably didn't need to strengthen unless the right person came along.

If I can't make a game and I am sitting in front of the telly with the results coming in, I do sit there with the table and pen changing the points as the results come in.

You know the Live Tables on Sky Sports Score Centre do them for you?

:thumbup:

If I can't make a game and I am sitting in front of the telly with the results coming in, I do sit there with the table and pen changing the points as the results come in.

you know they have the internet on computers now...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/...cc_league1.html

Archived